pillow suggestions for a side sleeper that has neck and shoulder pain?

thats the one i'm taking.
i broke down and took one last night and within 20 minutes i was falling asleep at the computer.

Now that I know it's Flexeril you are on, have you tried just taking 1/2 a tablet? Worth a try.

I also cannot simply sleep on my other side, or back, or stomach. It's my right side, or I'm headed straight to Team No-Sleep.

I hope you're able to find a pillow that works for you.

I have used the squishy micro-bead type type pillow on top of a regular pillow at times . Came across this solution when traveling. I had the squishy type for the car, and when we got to our hotel there weren't enough pillows for DH . I gave him one of mine and I used the squishy one on top of my remaining pillow . Found it was pretty comfy as it could "fill in" spaces that reg pillows don't. I don't use it all the time, but it has helped as I have terrible neck pain. Bonus if the squishy pillow? You can get fun character or themed ones lol, and lots of sizes.

81BBkx9z%2ByL._SL1500_.jpg

I highly recommend a water pillow. I’ve had neck pain for years from herniated discs and tried many of the other products out there, including a memory foam (Tempurpedic) contoured pillow, one with a depression in the middle for your head, one filled with buckwheat, and several neck rolls in different shapes and sizes. None of them really helped much and some made me feel worse. Then I found the water pillow (Mediflow) and seriously, it changed my life. Best pillow I’ve ever had. I sleep soundly and wake up restful and free of pain. I’m mostly a side sleeper too but find it very comfortable and supportive in any position. And you can adjust the firmness to your liking, depending on how much water you put in.

Good luck in finding the right solution that works for you. I know how frustrating it can be.

I guess its all ymmv honestly. Im a side sleeper and i use 2 pillows and a hug pillow to sleep.

I recommend Sobel Westex pillows. The Sahara nights pillow is their most popular, and found in a lot of hotels and resorts. But they have different kinds depending on what you're looking for. Lots of reviews on their web site and Amazon.

I got married in 2016 and most of my guests stayed at a hotel that used these pillows. Four separate, individual wedding guests loved the pillows so much that they checked the tag and ordered one for themselves when they got home. That blew my mind because I never even consider checking the tags of things at a hotel to get one for myself. They all still use the pillow to this day and say it hasn't lost its shape and they love it just the same. I got one for myself about six months ago and feel the same.

I have been battling pinched nerves, chronic back pain and trigeminal neralgia. I bought most pillows that are supposed to be good for these issues and none worked. I then saw a cuddledown store while visiting the east coast. I finally found a pillow that makes a huge difference. The store helped guide me. I do know you can buy online too. But, they aren't cheap. But so worth it for a good nights sleep. Plus I kept spending so much on pillows that didnt work. Good luck with your search.

I've always had horrible neck problems and finding the perfect pillow has always been a challenge for me.
The pillow I have now is the best pillow I've ever owned - I LOVE IT!!!
It's from the Sleep Number Store and it's called the The Sleep Number Cool Fit Foam Contour Pillow.
It's expensive but worth it.
I highly recommend giving it a try.
(I'm a side sleeper - I forgot to clarify that - LOL!!)
I've spent decades looking for the perfect pillow. The Sleep Number one(you can choose your inner core type and then the outer cover type) is amazing. I've had the same one for years now and it's still like brand new. Worth the investment.

If you do try one, bring a tape measure to make sure it's the right height for you. I try for a pillow the same height as the width of my shoulder (or DH's shoulder) to keep our shoulders/necks straight. Another thing to consider: latex does not mold or settle as other pillows do, so make sure you're happy with the height, because it's not going to change and visit website.

If you do try one, bring a tape measure to make sure it's the right height for you. I try for a pillow the same height as the width of my shoulder (or DH's shoulder) to keep our shoulders/necks straight. Another thing to consider: latex does not mold or settle as other pillows do, so make sure you're happy with the height, because it's not going to change and visit website.
Welcome to the dis, Stef.

I also have neck pain, the best pillow I have slept on was the Snugglepedic. It is made from shredded memory foam and has a zipper so you can adjust the amount of fill and an extra bag of foam comes with it in case you need more. I loved it so much I bought a travel one and take it with me everywhere, without it I cannot sleep. I bought it on Amazon.

I'm a side sleeper with chronic neck/shoulder pain. I switched to a buckwheat pillow many years ago and it made all the difference.

P.S.--Zombie thread is zombie. :D

I am a side sleeper. I have very broad shoulders so I needed something to keep my head from sinking into the pillow which would give me a kink in my neck. I bought extra firm pillows, but they would lose their firmness quickly and your head would just sink.

A few years ago I had an idea and its worked great. I take two pillows and put them in one pillow case. This creates big pillow that stays firm. I know it sounds odd but it has worked wonders. Bonus to this method is that it also works for hotels pillows. Piling two on top of each other doesn't work, you just sink in and create a valley. Whenever I travel, its the first thing I do in the hotel room. I take two pillows out of the pillow case and stuff them into one.

It can be a little tricky, but I found that if you roll the pillow case up and then put the ends of the two pillows in the opening and then roll the pillow case back over the pillows its not too hard. Just takes a little tugging

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter