Pictures of new BCV rooms

IMO, the switch to generic, rather than themed-to-the-resort hard goods renovating, is disappointing. It's as if Disney just wants to save $$$$$ , & buy in bulk for renov across various resorts! We own @ AKV. The artist rendering of the proposed soft goods refurb shows the African- handcrafted furniture remaining. But just the thought of a hard goods renov in the future turning the African-themed villas into an Any-Where-USA blasé decor makes me feel like Disney only cares about saving $$$$. The current handsome dark wood furnishings show dust. So maybe laminate surfaces are in the future. Good bye to theming that made the villas special :( Maybe NEXT they will take the animals off of the AKL/AKV Savannas. Surely THAT would wring out greater profits!!

Some will like it, some won't, some will sell and others will buy. Disney can pretty much continue to make record profits no matter what they do so why bother to plus it.

:earsboy: Bill

IMO, the switch to generic, rather than themed-to-the-resort hard goods renovating, is disappointing. It's as if Disney just wants to save $$$$$ , & buy in bulk for renov across various resorts! We own @ AKV. The artist rendering of the proposed soft goods refurb shows the African- handcrafted furniture remaining. But just the thought of a hard goods renov in the future turning the African-themed villas into an Any-Where-USA blasé decor makes me feel like Disney only cares about saving $$$$. The current handsome dark wood furnishings show dust. So maybe laminate surfaces are in the future. Good bye to theming that made the villas special :( Maybe NEXT they will take the animals off of the AKL/AKV Savannas. Surely THAT would wring out greater profits!!

It's not Disney's money to save. Renovations are paid by member dues.

It's not Disney's money to save. Renovations are paid by member dues.

True but Disney decides on how and when dues money is used. They make all of the purchases and sign all of the contracts. They decide how much the designer is paid, how much the contractor is paid and how much others are paid. They decide on the quality of materials. We trust that they are making the best deals and best designs and purchase better quality materials but we also have a history of some mistakes being made. Having this responsibility without accountability historically can lead to problems.

IMO we bought DVC based on what we saw, style, color, theme, to dumb it down now is not in keeping with the product that was sold. What's next, same furniture, color, material in all of the DVC units everywhere? Just think of the cost savings when they order 4000 of the same color sofas, that should save some dues. It's like they provide a themed unit during the sales period and after selling out they slowly change to a plan vanilla unit.

There is absolutely nothing in this room that looks like the beach to me. The beach cottages we rent on the gulf coast look more like the new decor.

Orange and green plaid couch, blue floral spread, that hideous dust ruffle, carpet that matched nothing.
https://cdn3.touringplans.com/static/hotels/orl004/DSC_3865.JPG

Even this one with the patchwork couch to me was no improvement.
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/08/39/bd/6a/guest-room.jpg

Only the old decor at VWL was uglier to me.

The new decor to me looks more like the non DVC side of the resort.

This is what the beach looks like to me, luxury. This is from a $2.75 million dollar home in Rosemary Beach, Fl. The new decor looks like something out of Coastal Living magazine.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/a1/5a/e4/a15ae488d505cb6c1d62b090776d6677.jpg

Last edited:
Count me in the minority that doesn't mind the more generic look. I guess I'm more about theming at the overall resort level and amenities it offers and location than the interior of the rooms

I agree. BCV is our home resort, I like the updates and think it still has a beach feel. Very happy about the upgraded kitchen and it is the theme at the overall resort that makes a difference for us.

This ^^

TBH, I even if I had missed the old decor and sighed over pictures of the new look, I know that once I'm there I wouldn't really give a hoot. As long as the place is clean, everything works as it should and the beds are comfy I would be happy whatever it looked like! (Unless any of the walls were painted sludge or bright green - I do have a problem with that!)

This is what the beach looks like to me, luxury. This is from a $2.75 million dollar home in Rosemary Beach, Fl. The new decor looks like something out of Coastal Living magazine.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/a1/5a/e4/a15ae488d505cb6c1d62b090776d6677.jpg

That is gorgeous!!

I like it! When will the refurb likely be done? I have a friend who is going in December and there are 5 of them. BCV was not given as an option.

I love the new look and disagree with the idea that it isn't beach themed. I think the colors are beautiful and the new look has a more sophisticated beach feel. I Think the theming is subtle but definitely there. The photos of sea shells on the wall....hmmmm...BEACH! I also agree with the poster that said the old decor didn't really have a beach theme. It didn't! I think this is an upgrade from what the rooms were and now looks more like a "deluxe" resort. I can't wait to see it in person when we head "home" in December.

I think this is an upgrade from what the rooms were and now looks more like a "deluxe" resort.

That's a good point. Although some people love their rooms to have more theming, other people would complain that DVC rooms didn't look as "deluxe" as the non DVC ones. Maybe they are trying to redress this? Unfortunately you just can't please all of the people all of the time.

I love the new look and disagree with the idea that it isn't beach themed. I think the colors are beautiful and the new look has a more sophisticated beach feel. I Think the theming is subtle but definitely there. The photos of sea shells on the wall....hmmmm...BEACH! I also agree with the poster that said the old decor didn't really have a beach theme. It didn't! I think this is an upgrade from what the rooms were and now looks more like a "deluxe" resort. I can't wait to see it in person when we head "home" in December.

Hanging some beach pictures doesn't make it a beach resort/room IMO, that's a cheap out. Same interiors at BWV with a roller coaster picture doesn't make it a boardwalk theme or VWL with a woodsy picture.

The units in the past had decorations and hard elements that made them unique.

Hanging some beach pictures doesn't make it a beach resort/room IMO, that's a cheap out. Same interiors at BWV with a roller coaster picture doesn't make it a boardwalk theme or VWL with a woodsy picture.

The units in the past had decorations and hard elements that made them unique.

What did they have that made them unique? Do you have photos, I am honestly interested as I don't see anything in the photos that I shared that says beach except for the beach pictures on the wall?

The new rooms have artwork, lamps, carpet, the bed scarf, decorative pillows that are all upscale beach themed. It looks like a high end design you would find in upscale homes at the beach.

Last edited:
What I find missing in the new designs is the great attention to detail that I expect comes with the Disney name. They used to get unique designed items - or at least things that didn't come off the shelf of the largest box warehouse. Now, it seems to me that they are going and shopping at Lowes or Home Depot. The colors are lighter and brighter but it's missing uniqueness. I like over the top theme when I'm at Disney. I'm not really looking for something that a designer would do in my own home. Unfortunately the quality and fabric choices are a bit questionable. The sofas at VWL were showing twisting and turning when we stayed there just 2 months after the refurb, and wood was chipping on the coffee "table". At BWV last week I noticed a fair amount of scratching on the vinyl plank floor from chairs being moved around - and we're only a few months into that one. Also, the light colored fabric on the sofa had spots. It's going to be a difficult one to keep looking nice.

I also like the new rooms. I think it does look like a beach house. Coastal Living Magazine is a good comparison. The pillows show coral, the prints on the wall are seashells. It's modern, but it still has a beach theme. Considering the resort is nowhere near a real beach, I think it helps to sell the theme. I also like the style of the WLV. We stayed there two weeks last summer, and it still felt like the WL. The rooms look way better in person than in photos and that has always been the case. I'm looking forward to our June stay and hoping for one of the new rooms.

I do not like the murphy bed/table combo they put in though. I think it's ugly and not very useful.

Latest posts

facebook twitter