** Picture of the Day 3 **

Niagara River, NY below the falls; Maid of the Mist departure point

212906_74704151320976309ed-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Watched a tutorial on the Genie+/Lightening Lane "stuff" earlier....looks like Disney wants us ALL to be like DGD and spend our time ON THE PHONE! :headache::headache::headache:

P1800510-XL.jpg
:tink:
It seems so! Not looking forward to that part but you can still wait in lines like the old days! Guess I will need a new phone though....

It seems so! Not looking forward to that part but you can still wait in lines like the old days! Guess I will need a new phone though....

It was SOOOOO confusing especially when they started the "stacking stuff" :crazy:! I'll give the 7 AM thing a try for RoR but I think that's it. It will be back to standing in line for us. I refuse to put myself through that headache and be charged for it too! 😡 Same here on the phone situation; don't think mine is going to be fast enough. DH and DD will have to do all the "work" for those sought after attractions. Hoping after Sara's trip next week she'll be able to explain things better; right now I'm just totally confused. 😖😵‍💫🥴:tink:

It was SOOOOO confusing especially when they started the "stacking stuff" :crazy:! I'll give the 7 AM thing a try for RoR but I think that's it. It will be back to standing in line for us. I refuse to put myself through that headache and be charged for it too! 😡 Same here on the phone situation; don't think mine is going to be fast enough. DH and DD will have to do all the "work" for those sought after attractions. Hoping after Sara's trip next week she'll be able to explain things better; right now I'm just totally confused. 😖😵‍💫🥴:tink:

I agree! What I've seen online just makes it worse but then again, I felt some of that when they released Fast Pass+ too!

DSC_0191.JPG

I have used Genie+ a few times now and I haven't had any problem with it. It helped me make sure I rode all of my must do rides. I rode Ratatouille 3 times. But the people I have gone with have all been confused - totally lost. Older people who don't know how to use their phones. I have had to pay for people's food because they cannot/refuse to figure out the mobile order process, which it the most annoying to me. Of course these are people who never would be able to eat in a sit down restaurant either because they wouldn't be up at 4 AM 60 days prior to the trip to decide where they want to eat and when. Eating at DW/DL has become a competitive sport. :sad2:

View attachment 675950

I have used Genie+ a few times now and I haven't had any problem with it. It helped me make sure I rode all of my must do rides. I rode Ratatouille 3 times. But the people I have gone with have all been confused - totally lost. Older people who don't know how to use their phones. I have had to pay for people's food because they cannot/refuse to figure out the mobile order process, which it the most annoying to me. Of course these are people who never would be able to eat in a sit down restaurant either because they wouldn't be up at 4 AM 60 days prior to the trip to decide where they want to eat and when. Eating at DW/DL has become a competitive sport. :sad2:

I LOVE the mobile ordering but, here again, more time on the phone! We usually place our orders waiting in whatever rope drop line for an attraction we end up in so we don't waste other valuable park time. DD only had problems getting one of her reservations....for Teppan Edo (and she even managed to get that ADR about a month ago). She found it easier to go back toward the end of the first day when she was able to do ADR's to get the ones she missed earlier. Seemed like tables "opened up" later. She couldn't get Homecomin' so ended up booking the Boathouse twice....no issues with that one. We'll use Genie+ once, maybe twice but refuse to be "glued" to that da** phone all day. :headache: That's not my idea of a "vacation". Very happy with that decision when I read a post earlier on Facebook; this family periodically checked wait times. When times were under an hour they headed for that attraction. RoR was posted with a 75 minute wait; they were on the ride in 35 minutes! Others agreed with her saying "wait times" seemed to be "inflated". Our upcoming trip is more for the "enjoying the atmosphere" not "must do rides" anyway. And...of course...all the fabulous "holiday treats" that will be offered. :goodvibes:tink:

Last edited:
Thinking of my Mom today. Here she is riding a camel in Australia in 2004 with her friends.

img638ed-XL.jpg

:hug: LOVE THAT! And how much fun for her and what an adventure! Got a couple of "reports" on Guardians that might interest you. One of our family friends just completed a 10 day trip; they were able to, and LOVED, getting Guardians 7 out of those 10 days! :faint: There are 2 teenagers in the family so THEY spent the time on their phones securing the LL's. Opposite opinion...another friend reported today she's "one and done" with it. Never, ever, ever again...close to needing the "barf bag" for her! I think you might want to watch a video before you decide! Amanda is a "no go" for now but is waiting for a report from the girls before she makes a final decision. :tink:

I LOVE the mobile ordering but, here again, more time on the phone! We usually place our orders waiting in whatever rope drop line for an attraction we end up in so we don't waste other valuable park time. DD only had problems getting one of her reservations....for Teppan Edo (and she even managed to get that ADR about a month ago). She found it easier to go back toward the end of the first day when she was able to do ADR's to get the ones she missed earlier. Seemed like tables "opened up" later. She couldn't get Homecomin' so ended up booking the Boathouse twice....no issues with that one. We'll use Genie+ once, maybe twice but refuse to be "glued" to that da** phone all day. :headache: That's not my idea of a "vacation". Very happy with that decision when I read a post earlier on Facebook; this family periodically checked wait times. When times were under an hour they headed for that attraction. RoR was posted with a 75 minute wait; they were on the ride in 35 minutes! Others agreed with her saying "wait times" seemed to be "inflated". Our upcoming trip is more for the "enjoying the atmosphere" not "must do rides" anyway. And...of course...all the fabulous "holiday treats" that will be offered. :goodvibes:tink:

I think they are over estimating the wait times so people will buy into Genie+

At this point in my life it's more about the atmosphere and taking pictures. I might have a must do ride, like last time it was Rat. but other than that, I just went with the flow. I am going to get Genie+ for HS next time because I want to ride Tower of Terror and Slinky Dog. I have never ridden Slinking Dog and it's been years for Tower of Terror. I tried last time but the lines were too long. My must do ride was Mickey's Runaway Railway.

:hug: LOVE THAT! And how much fun for her and what an adventure! Got a couple of "reports" on Guardians that might interest you. One of our family friends just completed a 10 day trip; they were able to, and LOVED, getting Guardians 7 out of those 10 days! :faint: There are 2 teenagers in the family so THEY spent the time on their phones securing the LL's. Opposite opinion...another friend reported today she's "one and done" with it. Never, ever, ever again...close to needing the "barf bag" for her! I think you might want to watch a video before you decide! Amanda is a "no go" for now but is waiting for a report from the girls before she makes a final decision. :tink:

After watching a couple of videos, I'm going to take some Dramamine before I ride Guardians but I will definitely ride it at least once.

DGD and her best friend loved the view from the balloon! Their 1st "ride" of the trip! Picture taken by oldest DGD...the one I'VE been trying to get on that balloon for 10 YEARS! She LOVED it! I told her she should have listened to Mimi way back in 2012 when I begged her to ride with me! :rolleyes1

Resized_20220614_124429.jpeg:tink:

Last edited:
I think they are over estimating the wait times so people will buy into Genie+

At this point in my life it's more about the atmosphere and taking pictures. I might have a must do ride, like last time it was Rat. but other than that, I just went with the flow. I am going to get Genie+ for HS next time because I want to ride Tower of Terror and Slinky Dog. I have never ridden Slinking Dog and it's been years for Tower of Terror. I tried last time but the lines were too long. My must do ride was Mickey's Runaway Railway.

After watching a couple of videos, I'm going to take some Dramamine before I ride Guardians but I will definitely ride it at least once.

Report on Guardians from Courtney was "one and done"! She's glad she tried it but won't do it again. Totally agree on the Genie+...Disney just wants that extra money. We'll get it for 1 day too...HS but that's it. Our goal there is Slinky Dog and RoR. By the way...you'll LOVE Slinky Dog! :lovestruc Don't mind the queue once it gets into the covered part....such a cute area. Our only "must ride" at the MK is the Mine Train but our only day at there on this trip will be for the Christmas Party and lines are generally a little shorter right before closing. We may park hop back to the MK on our last but not spending a lot of time there. With Amanda as a travel companion we'll both be taking lots of pictures and David doesn't mind waiting for us. As long as he can sit and rest he'll be happy. :goodvibes:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!