Photos of First FTW Couture Wedding Event...

Janet2k

DIS Veteran
This morning a friend asked me about professional digital cameras since he knows I'm kinda into the whole digital scene. As I was doing some research for him, I stumbled into photos from the photographer who had photographed "the first David Tutera / Disney Couture Wedding and rehearsal dinner." Please Note: Those are the photographer's words not mine, but I have no reason to doubt him since his company photographed last year's Magic Kingdom wedding event for Brides Magazine and Disney.

Click here to see a few photos of the FTW Couture Event (the post is entitled "Wedding Season Begins!" and is dated Thursday, April 10, 2008). It looks like it was a very lovely event.

I thought Mr. Maring's words were quite telling:

- - - - - - -
"We are back from Orlando where Jennifer and I photographed the first David Tutera / Disney Couture Wedding and rehearsal dinner with a wonderful couple. The new luxury line of Disney weddings are the real deal to say the least. The floral, lighting, furnishings, and details were all stunning and they really put together a spectacular event. One amazing thing about the Disney Team we noticed immediately as they truly all focus on solutions instead of problems. It's a great energy to be around, and it's obvious they enjoy what they do. Thursday was the rehearsal dinner, and the wedding was on Saturday, so we got a day to spend together and relax by the pool, visit the Magic Kingdom, and Pleasure Island which was great. Check out some of the moments below!"
- - - - - - -

I couldn't agree with him more (see the words that I bolded above). That has always been my experience with working with anyone from Disney. Truly wonderful folks who enjoy doing their jobs. It was nice to see an outsider's take on it.

Has anyone here used those (what appears to be) battery-operated candles in the Wedding Pavilion? It's a shame the woman's ceremony was during the daylight hours. I wonder how they look when the pavilion's lighting is more subdued?

I caught a glimpse of David Tutera in the cake photo. I'm not surprised he was there (he seems like a decent man who really enjoys his job).

So pretty...but, yeah, she did have an -army- of bridesmaids. I love the flowers though, and lighting.

How beautiful!

KashmirBride (Oops, I forgot your exact DisBoard name), doesn't this make you excited??

I agree. Its almost as if the world should take lesson and have to work at disney once in their lives to realize how to handle life lol

OMG! absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
I would feel so bad after spending that kind of money for one day though. But it's nice to live the experience through other people :rotfl:

not trying to be a downer, but am i the only one who's not too impressed with the couture collections? :confused3

OMG! How awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the heads-up on this thread, Marilise. I knew it was happening, but I was so excited to see the pictures.

Wow. Their wedding was big and gorgeous! I have to say I do love the classic elegance look. I hope mine will be as pretty and equally as stunning. I'm a little nervous now.

I think its FANTASTIC that David came as well... I got to hear all about the planning for this wedding from Kristi and Carol over the last few months. I was kind of happy not to be the first so they could get the kinks out ;) Although it sounds like Disney did a great job in that dept.

By the way... they used the SAME photographers we are using!!! How funny is that??!?! :laughing: Yay for the Marings! I hope they can make Eric and I look as good :rotfl2: We'll see about that one!

Janet- How did you come across the pictures??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter