Photopass CD pre-purchase discount has gone

wickesy

<font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y
It looks like anybody who was intending to take advantage of the discount on a photopass CD by buying before they go has missed their chance.

The link at www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx now redirects to a page that says

There is no page associated with the web address you entered.

Disney's pre-arrival savings Promotions are exclusively for Guests who receive and respond to the offer via e-mail prior to their vacation. Please log in to view your photo's or to order the products you purchased prior to your trip.

I had read before that this offer was only ever supposed to be 'invitation only' and it looks like Disney have finally closed the loophole. No doubt any future offers will have some sort of personalised code attached so that word doesn't spread like it did on this offer.

Awww man, that sucks :( I was looking forward to using this on our trip next year as boyfriend and I always end up with photo of me, then photo of him, etc. and never any photos together :(

Don't know if I'll be willing to fork out full price for it :(

Not something I would pay full price for. Been looking at some of ours this week(still going thru them) Although looked good on their website many are out of focus & generally pretty poor standard of photography. Also 2 discs out of 8 are very difficult to view pics, there is a corrupt image on each disc that freezes the computer, managed to copy the 2 discs onto 2 new discs without the corrupt images and they are OK now.
There are some great pics(will post some soon) but $117 delivered was my limit.

That is not very nice. Glad that I put in a pre-order in last Sunday for SIL and ourselves :)

Hopefully the page will be spotted soon :thumbsup2

Although looked good on their website many are out of focus & generally pretty poor standard of photography

Totally agree. Quite a few of ours were over exposed due to excessive fill in flash :scared1:

$117 delivered was my limit.

There was a discount code on here that reduced the cost further to $84.96 (+$17 shipping). I thought that you posted it :confused3

Totally agree. Quite a few of ours were over exposed due to excessive fill in flash :scared1:

There was a discount code on here that reduced the cost further to $84.96 (+$17 shipping). I thought that you posted it :confused3

Yes we also had some with lighting issues.

I believe the code was available earlier in year but not when we paid in July. I searched and searched but couldn't find any lower than $99.

I think this will reduce the amount of people using photopass, it certainly isnt cheap !

The only reason I would get it again is to share with everyone on my wedding trip next year.

By the way I just ordered mine yesterday (didnt need the code reset and bought it about 180 days before) and only had to pay $10 shipping.

There is another discount code floating about I have seen it on here or the dibb.

We paid $99 including delivery last November. Even that's pricey in my opinion and I would definitely not pay full price. We also had a fair few out-of-focus and poorly composed shots.

Not something I would pay full price for. Been looking at some of ours this week(still going thru them) Although looked good on their website many are out of focus & generally pretty poor standard of photography. Also 2 discs out of 8 are very difficult to view pics, there is a corrupt image on each disc that freezes the computer, managed to copy the 2 discs onto 2 new discs without the corrupt images and they are OK now.
There are some great pics(will post some soon) but $117 delivered was my limit.

8 disks!? wow. I think if I'd managed to get that many disks then I'd maybe pay full price but so far we only ever manage to fill 2 disks which would make the full price too much.

8 disks!? wow. I think if I'd managed to get that many disks then I'd maybe pay full price but so far we only ever manage to fill 2 disks which would make the full price too much.

Only have 8 disks with approx 30-35 hours of editing, only 300 pics taken which would fit on 2 disks, rest are borders & cropped pics. If I could have seen poor quality before editing I would not have wasted so much time on them. Doubt we would do it again even at $100.

well we were very happy with our all photos
What i love it that we get lots of photos of the whole family which we don't with our own carema
another cheaper way to use the Disney photo pass is to do a photo book instead, this way you can have them printed and have a really nice album for the same price

Rats!!! :mad: I was going to order mine in the next couple of weeks.
another cheaper way to use the Disney photo pass is to do a photo book instead, this way you can have them printed and have a really nice album for the same price

That is an excellent idea, Jackie. :thumbsup2

well we were very happy with our all photos
What i love it that we get lots of photos of the whole family which we don't with our own carema

I think we may do this next time too, I certainly wouldn't purchase prints directly - I cannot beleive how much they charge for these and as Wayne said on the site you can't always tell how good the pics are.

I think maybe they could have tiers based on the final number of pictures (but then you take away from people who would normally get multiple discs as you can guarentee they wouldn't lower the base price :lmao:)

Hopefully fewer people will order the CD and they will go back to a more reasonable price.

I am annoyed with Fed Ex right now, they attempted deliver last Thurs so I called to say I would pick it up from the depot Fri evening - when I got there they said it was on the van and they had tried to deliver it again! I am going to call today and check it is there this time so I don't waste another journey, but I was looking forward to getting the pics this weekend :sad2:

My bf got chatting to a security guard in MK who said he used to be a photopass photographer and the training they get is very 'bare bones' though some have a personal interest in photography anyway so it really seems to be the luck of the draw. They all use Nikon D70s and D40s AFAIK which are OK cameras but I think with DSLRs some skill is needed to get good pictures, it's easy for them to turn out blurred/wonky (can you tell I speak from experience... :rotfl2:)

I must admit the quality isn't great however I have a few fab pictures which I got print copies off & I like to use photo pass to get some pictures of me & DD together, otherwise it looks like my DD went on holiday by her self. I always brought the disc afterwards though.

Saddened to hear about this offer ending. I'm lead to believe only on-site guests will get a code now? But, those of us who are on-site, but have booked through a UK travel agents won't be able to get this offer? :confused3

We were looking at getting this offer for our trip next May, but we'll have to see if we can fit it into our budget now.

Reads to me like they are going to only send it to a select few, similar to how they send PIN codes out now. I am getting the PIN codes quite regular but others are not getting any.

Howcome you are getting regular pin codes? I mean, I'm not upset about you getting them, just that I want them too!!! Is it based on how many times you have booked with Disney or is it just the luck of the draw? Disney UK has my email address, and I registered on the US site so they have it as well, but all I ever get are these occasional telephone messages offering (advertising) deals, which is really annoying as I am at work during the day and it is automated so you get the butt end of the message. Not a pin code though, just a bit of marketing.

Is there a secret to this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter