Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

Some long exposure HDRs on tripod from my trip last week (A580, Tamron 10-24mm lens, tripod):

France:
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Hello all ~ I am an avid Sony user ~ I grew up with my dad being a Minolta man and got my first DSLR the A100 and have since moved on to the A77. I spent the last two days going over this thread and I must say you all take some Amazing photos!

I am a new to the DIS boards and only found it as I just booked my families first DCL cruise for next may. Its going to be a surprise for my mom and son from my husband and myself.

Any tips and tricks for getting the most out of this trip for my Alaskan family would be great. I have never taken beach shots Im more of an Alaskan wildlife / landscaper ~ What lens would be your go to for this type of trip?

Thanks again for the eye candy. I look forward to fallowing this thread ~ Adrienne

Hello all ~ I am an avid Sony user ~ I grew up with my dad being a Minolta man and got my first DSLR the A100 and have since moved on to the A77. I spent the last two days going over this thread and I must say you all take some Amazing photos!

I am a new to the DIS boards and only found it as I just booked my families first DCL cruise for next may. Its going to be a surprise for my mom and son from my husband and myself.

Any tips and tricks for getting the most out of this trip for my Alaskan family would be great. I have never taken beach shots Im more of an Alaskan wildlife / landscaper ~ What lens would be your go to for this type of trip?

Thanks again for the eye candy. I look forward to fallowing this thread ~ Adrienne

Welcome to the club ::wave2:

Just have fun and make sure you put on plenty of sun screen and stay hydrated :thumbsup2

Nice Hamilton! I like these past shots. How does the Nex compare to the A99 to you?

To be honest, I've fallen in love with it all over again. I didn't even take the A99 with me on this past trip and I don't see why I would, ever again.

I've come to the realization that, while I love my A99 and it's perfect for the shoots I get to do B-Roll on at work, when I 'm in Disney I'm negating 95% of what that sensor offers by mounting the camera on a tripod and stopping down.

If you're gonna do that, what's the point? I never really shoot the parades or anything that's moving, so I don't lose anything there.

The NEX-7 is just so light and so fast for what I want to do -- it's truly amazing. And the new 16-70 lens is AWESOME. It's what I took this fireworks shot with and I can't see ever taking it off the camera unless I want something that's UWA or super low light, at which point I'll use the SEL24f18z.

To be honest, I've fallen in love with it all over again. I didn't even take the A99 with me on this past trip and I don't see why I would, ever again.

I've come to the realization that, while I love my A99 and it's perfect for the shoots I get to do B-Roll on at work, when I 'm in Disney I'm negating 95% of what that sensor offers by mounting the camera on a tripod and stopping down.

If you're gonna do that, what's the point? I never really shoot the parades or anything that's moving, so I don't lose anything there.

The NEX-7 is just so light and so fast for what I want to do -- it's truly amazing. And the new 16-70 lens is AWESOME. It's what I took this fireworks shot with and I can't see ever taking it off the camera unless I want something that's UWA or super low light, at which point I'll use the SEL24f18z.

Nex full frame about to be announced. Maybe the best of all worlds for you.

I suspect my a-mount glass will be worthless soon.

Nex full frame about to be announced. Maybe the best of all worlds for you.

I suspect my a-mount glass will be worthless soon.

I know Hamilton will be the first here with one and I'll be waiting for the "Hamilton" review. I'm the same way, I had the greasy D600 but find that I much more enjoy shooting with the smaller cameras. They're just plain fun. If the A7 its really under $2K with the kit lens, I might sell off some gear to try it. I don't want the 36mp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter