Photo Sharing: Pentax

Daisy14'sDH

DIS Veteran
Since most of the other Pentax threads have died and are pretty much buried thought that us Pentaxians could have our own space as well! I know you guys are out there so lets give forum members a visual reason to consider Pentax!

I'm pretty new at DSLR use and have just started trying HDR, this was a 6 exposure. I think I may have went a little over the top with the saturation, but it just screamed at me to do it!

20110325-HDR1.jpg

I just became a Pentaxian this week when I purchased the K-5 and DA* 16-50. I have used Canon, Sony, Nikon and Olympus and had an Olympus kit but for the low light work that I was trying to do the camera just did not shine. After taking some time to investigate and look at the work produced by Groucho I was amazed by the K-5 capabilities and Pentax in general.

After I bought the camera at Adorama we took the 1.5 mile walk up to Times Square to visit the Disney Store. So here are the first few images I shot with the K-5 from our walk and the Disney Store.

5561982027_7bd6101e55_b.jpg

5562557886_e48a2f0eca_b.jpg

5562557408_2eae3b8256_b.jpg

5562556932_214aaa3d41_b.jpg

5561979641_16424433f5_b.jpg

5562555750_285060813b_b.jpg

5562555250_30b204b3f5_b.jpg

How did you take the picture of that ship? It is incredible. My pictures are so dull and non colorful. Maybe, someday I'll figure out how to run my K-X. Please post your settings.
When I see an incredible picture I like to figure out why the photographer used the settings they did. It is not natural at all for me.

I used the Multi-exposure setting on the Kr it can only bracket 3 at a time. I set it to 1 stop diefference per shot, then took to sets, -3,-2-1. Then 0 +1 +2. Combined them through CS5 HDR merge program. Then tweaked it in LR3. Took a while on my laptop (old and slow) 20-30 minutes each.

I think it is similiar to the process some other posters are using.

My friend and I have been planning this trip for a long time, we had to wait for the weather to be right!

Just wanted you know that you aren't the only Pentaxian out there. This is the first image taken in over a month! We're just getting back on our feet after a month of illness. I liked the clouds.

Afternoon Sky by Gianna'sPapa, on Flickr

The clouds are beautiful! We'd have fun looking for Disney characters in those for hours! Yay, another Pentaxian!

Please Pentaxians, let us unite!

Don't be shy, just because we aren't using big white lenses doesn't make us less (unless you are using Lenses like this which of course would make most CaNikonians shudder in fear!

Post away, good and bad! Lets learn from each other and inform others!

Purchased the Kx for my husband because he has an old Pentax that we were told that the lens could be used on the Kx. Haven't done a lot with it as yet. I installed the software, but can't find the pictures that I downloaded. No very techno.

I just became a Pentaxian this week when I purchased the K-5 and DA* 16-50. I have used Canon, Sony, Nikon and Olympus and had an Olympus kit but for the low light work that I was trying to do the camera just did not shine. After taking some time to investigate and look at the work produced by Groucho I was amazed by the K-5 capabilities and Pentax in general.

After I bought the camera at Adorama we took the 1.5 mile walk up to Times Square to visit the Disney Store. So here are the first few images I shot with the K-5 from our walk and the Disney Store.
Nice! The K-5 is amazing, isn't it? It's such a fantastic all-around package; I wouldn't trade it for any other DSLR at any price. It's near perfect IMHO; nobody else makes anything quite like it. :thumbsup2

Just wanted you know that you aren't the only Pentaxian out there. This is the first image taken in over a month! We're just getting back on our feet after a month of illness. I liked the clouds.
A month? :scared1: My sympathies, I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. Imagine a month-long sickness overlapping a Disney trip - ugh! Hopefully you had a pretty free calendar during the sickness!

OK, I guess I'll add a few... I'm still (!) going through my photos from my January trip. Here's some just uploaded...

Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover at night by Groucho Dis, on Flickr

Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse at night by Groucho Dis, on Flickr

Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats at night by Groucho Dis, on Flickr

25,600 ISO? No big deal. :teeth: (BTW, that's a Pentax shirt I'm wearing in the picture. Shameless, I know!)

Haunted Mansion, hitchhiking ghost by Groucho Dis, on Flickr

Groucho! I was wondering when you'd show up! Lol, glad you are here!

Is the Robinson photo with the 10-17? I have the 12-24, and am debating now on going wider, but I think I want to stay with the Recatlinear lenses, so the obvious choice is the Sigma 8-16mm, but if I get that would I need to keep the 12-24? But there is no way the Sigma is as sharp.... choices...

Groucho:
What lens were you using for your hitchhiking ghost picture? I never thought of taking pictures without flash in the past because my P&S couldn't do it. It might be a whole new world for me at the Magic Kingdom this year. LOL.

Michelle

Downtown Jacksonville in a light rain at night:

4758741856_464e8c7148_b.jpg

Alas, twas taken on naught but a K-7. :( No fancy K-5 for me (yet). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter