Photo Sharing: Olympus, 4:3, Micro 4:3

Yeah, my trip was in January and I'm just getting to this now. Whoops...

Here's one of the best... This is totally out of the camera. Didn't retouch, color correct, crop, anything.

541204_447313358616980_100000149590814_1958047_402910311_n.jpg

kidani_a_1010995.jpg

Kidani Village
Panasonic G3, 7-14

rose_crown_1000914.jpg

Rose and Crown

Has anyone had the chance to handle the new E-M5? I'm considering unloading my Olympus E-30 and some of my 4/3 lenses and going stictly mirrorless with the E-M5 & my current E-PM1 and some of the fast primes now offered.

I can't find anyplace in my area that actually has one to check out. I may need to make a trip up to B & H or Adorama.

A few from our Virginia Creeper trail trip:

river_1020124.jpg

river_1020129.jpg

Laurel Creek at the old mill in Damascus

room_1020077_78_79_80_81_tonemapped.jpg

Augusta's Appalachian Inn

Has anyone had the chance to handle the new E-M5? I'm considering unloading my Olympus E-30 and some of my 4/3 lenses and going stictly mirrorless with the E-M5 & my current E-PM1 and some of the fast primes now offered.

I can't find anyplace in my area that actually has one to check out. I may need to make a trip up to B & H or Adorama.

Got one on order, but it hasn't arrived yet. Better be soon as I want to take advantage of the rebate program.

I hope to be able to report soon! I pre-ordered from Adorama on Feb. 9. Then after the rebate came out, I added the flash to the order. Silver kits have been slow in coming, so I called Adorama last Tuesday and asked about the status. The salesman didn't know when they would come in and also the flash was backordered and he didn't know when they would receive it either. In the meantime I read reports of others receiving their silver kits and also some body only from other vendors.

Wed. morning I read a post where Cameraland had received 20 silver kits last Monday but they were all gone now. I called and they said they receive two shipments a week and if I prepaid I would have mine in 7 to 10 days. They also had the flash in stock. So I prepaid. Then I cancelled my order with Adorama.

I called the other day when their website had a wait of 4-6 weeks for the silver kit. He told me they had had so many orders that they now have a backlog (people must have read the same post I did) but 4-6 weeks was a conservative estimate. He said I should receive mine before because I called before they got the rush of orders.

I'm going to call them again today. Hope I didn't make a mistake. Normally I would just wait for Adorama, but we're leaving for Hawaii on June 10 and I really want the weather sealing for that. I haven't had much time to take photos anyway, much less process them.

Got one on order, but it hasn't arrived yet. Better be soon as I want to take advantage of the rebate program.

Where did you order? Black or silver?

I recently got one of Panasonic's Leica 25mm f/1.4 lenses and have been testing it on my local subjects. At f/1.4 depth of field is shallow and sharpness is good.

andie_1020237.jpg

Andie

noel_1020245.jpg

Noel, who was rolling around in pollen

Other micro 4/3 news: the (promised) lens that got me into this system has finally been announced, Panasonic's 12-35 f/2.8. This will be my new walkaround lens that replaces my Canon 24-105, at half the size, 1/4 the weight, and about the same $$$. Canon L series quality, Canon L series price!

http://www.43rumors.com/

This has been a good week so far for micro 4/3 lenses! First Panasonic's premium 12-35 f/2.8 was announced, now Olympus premium 75 mm f/1.8 is announced. Between these two manufacturers the micro 4/3 lens lineup is rapidly filling out.

This has been a good week so far for micro 4/3 lenses! First Panasonic's premium 12-35 f/2.8 was announced, now Olympus premium 75 mm f/1.8 is announced. Between these two manufacturers the micro 4/3 lens lineup is rapidly filling out.

I guess it is time I do some research on the mini's although since I have an E3, E330, several lens and a Canon G9 convincing DH I need another camera may fall on deaf ears LOL

That 75 really has me interested but you would think for $900 they can at least throw in a lens hood

That 75 really has me interested but you would think for $900 they can at least throw in a lens hood

LOL ! They learned that trick from Canon and their 17-55 (and 10-22)!

Great shot! What lens and settings did you use for this? DD10 is getting a new puppy in a month and she eventually wants to do agility with her so hopefully I can get some good shots like this.

But Joe, you can buy a lens hood from Adorama for the 75 and it's only $75.;)
I don't think I would buy this lens because I just don't think I'd use that focal length much, but my E-M5 is on the truck for delivery today!!:banana:

I still have to get rid of my E600 and the 12-60 and 25mm pancake.

Great shot! What lens and settings did you use for this? DD10 is getting a new puppy in a month and she eventually wants to do agility with her so hopefully I can get some good shots like this.

But Joe, you can buy a lens hood from Adorama for the 75 and it's only $75.;)
I don't think I would buy this lens because I just don't think I'd use that focal length much, but my E-M5 is on the truck for delivery today!!:banana:

I still have to get rid of my E600 and the 12-60 and 25mm pancake.

Nice!!! :thumbsup2

I think at this point I'm concentrating on lighting equipment, some Radiopoppers and Alien Bee lights. When my next bonus comes in at March I'll spring for the E-M5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter