The Vaccine Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is not knowing where you fall until it happens. Yes statistics can tell us a lot. Almost all of us at this point know a statistical outlier or two, is my only point.
There are statistical outliers for every disease. There are outliers when it comes to vaccine reactions. I don't think people should focus on that it causes unnecessary fear and bad decision making.

Last edited:
I am heading out on a solo road trip from North Carolina to Arizona in the a.m. and hope to have a mask-free Odyssey.

I made it from Charlotte, NC to Sallisaw, OK today with no mask. In fact, no one in any of the states I passed through even suggested that I needed one. I started at the Charlotte Douglass International Airport, where I went inside to go downstairs to get my rental car (I wasn't flying - my wife dropped me off at departures, and I had to go downstairs to arrivals).

Once I picked up my car, I drove through North Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, and part of Oklahoma, I stopped in businesses in each state, and secured a motel room in Oklahoma, all without the benefit of a mask!

Total of 900+ miles, 4 states, no mask!
[/QUOTE]
Just added Texas and New Mexico. Almost 1,800 miles (I think that's about 3,000 kilometers). No masks.

I made it from Charlotte, NC to Sallisaw, OK today with no mask. In fact, no one in any of the states I passed through even suggested that I needed one. I started at the Charlotte Douglass International Airport, where I went inside to go downstairs to get my rental car (I wasn't flying - my wife dropped me off at departures, and I had to go downstairs to arrivals).

Once I picked up my car, I drove through North Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, and part of Oklahoma, I stopped in businesses in each state, and secured a motel room in Oklahoma, all without the benefit of a mask!

Just added Texas and New Mexico. Almost 1,800 miles (I think that's about 3,000 kilometers). No masks.
[/QUOTE]

From the airport's website at least masks are required. https://cltairport.mediaroom.com/covid19update21 I'm not going to go through your entire list to figure out where else you were supposed to wear one, but you're breaking the rules whether or not someone stops you at the time... I'm not sure why you feel the need to continually flaunt about that in a vaccine thread. :confused3 You're either lucky no one with authority is noticing or people are choosing not to engage with you. Please keep your responses on topic.

From the airport's website at least masks are required. https://cltairport.mediaroom.com/covid19update21 I'm not going to go through your entire list to figure out where else you were supposed to wear one, but you're breaking the rules whether or not someone stops you at the time... I'm not sure why you feel the need to continually flaunt about that in a vaccine thread. :confused3 You're either lucky no one with authority is noticing or people are choosing not to engage with you. Please keep your responses on topic.
[/QUOTE]
OK. I don't wear them anywhere, whether I am "supposed to" or not.

A mask doesn't benefit you, it benefits everyone around you in case you have covid but don't yet know it. There are several days until someone who has been exposed starts showing symptoms (aka incubation period). By then it's too late to say you're sorry to all the people you have exposed.

Not wearing a mask doesn't say, "I don't care if I get covid", it says "I don't care if I give you covid."
Nice. :rolleyes: Pat yourself on the back.

Getting my second dose next month I saw the writing on the wall that this is going to be a necessity to travel so I might as well get it over with

us too, feb 11th, unless 2nd dose priority Changes.

while I see people post they won’t cruise if forced to get a vaccine — we need to remember, there are also many of us you won’t cruise unless vaccine IS required. I guess the cruise line will have to decide which group they want back. Can’t make everyone happy, but one group may be providing a safer environment than the other group. My granddaughter (16) is waiting to get hers if they allow her to when her group opens. All of my adult kids signed up yesterday for a new state waiting list.

Getting my second dose next month I saw the writing on the wall that this is going to be a necessity to travel so I might as well get it over with
You're very lucky. Our area hasn't even received enough to vaccinate all the medical personnel at our regional hospital, much less any of the 6 nursing homes/assisted living centers in town.. I had a cousin drive to Houston, 3 hours each way, to get vaccinated. I have another cousin who is high risk, having completed chemo, radiation and a double mastectomy a little over a year ago... no doses available.

The same thing is true for vaccine reactions. I'm not anti-vaccine (hoping to get my Covid vaccine asap), just stating a fact that some people have had serious, negative reactions to them, and there was no way to know in advance.
Valid and fair. It’s why the pediatrician keeps you and your child in office for a period of time post injection. First time (especially) flu shot recipients and certain age/comorbidities as well every single year.
For this novel vaccine, the recommendation in the EUA is a 15 minute post-vaccine observation area. Whether or not vaccine sites are doing that, the official recommendation exists.
I know you have stated you’re not opposed to this or other vaccines, so this is t all directed at you, just a response in a social thread. I still contend the side effects/response far outweigh worst or even moderate case disease scenarios.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously. It's weird that someone would brag about their complete lack of concern for measures designed to keep fellow human beings safe. SMDH.

Last edited:

Seriously. It's weird that someone would brag about their complete lack of concern for fellow human beings. SMDH.
[/QUOTE]

And be the most active on all of the Covid related threads I have seen on here. How they haven't gotten in trouble with the mods amazes me. Must be good at walking a fine line, or lucky (for sure for not picking up the virus yet).

[/QUOTE]

Such a great role model! Thanks for the teachable moment and great conversation I just had with my 14 yr old who really can't understand how a person could be this selfish and childish (his words). Thankfully our family believes in science and will continue to do what is right.

[/QUOTE]

Wow. I assume you don't bother with a seat belt either, correct? There's still potential to die either way, so really what's the point?

Since his recommendation is based on new information coming out about more infectious strains of the virus, absolutely. Because that’s how science works: you change strategies as new information presents itself.

Yup and sadly some will use this as ammunition to say that they never knew what they were talking about. As a trained scientist that no longer practices on the bench to say this annoys me is an understatement. The scientists are learning on the fly with this and every mutation slightly changes the rules we need to play by.

Regeneron Antibody Drug Temporarily Protects Against Covid-19, Preliminary Data Show
https://www.wsj.com/articles/regene...minary-data-show-11611676188?mod=hp_lead_pos6
Given the drug’s performance, Regeneron said it would discuss the possibility of authorizing the drug as a temporary vaccine with U.S. regulators. Complete trial data from the study is expected early in the second quarter, the company said.
Regeneron’s data indicate that antibody-based drugs could help provide temporary protection against Covid-19 as the U.S. and other countries grapple with limited supplies of vaccines. The drugs are thought to provide protection for at least one month.

I'd take a shot of this to get on a cruise right now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter