• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Personal favorite hotel at Disneyland?

DisDancerina

DIS Veteran
Personal favorite off-property hotel near Disneyland and why!

Best Western Stoval's Inn
I love this hotel, because it is close (in my opinion) and a nice walk either way! The breakfast may not have been hot, but it was pretty yummy! Think doughnuts, hard-boiled eggs, bagels and usual drinks. Not bad for free ;) I was pretty comfy in my room!

My favorite is the Candy Cane Inn. Granted, we've never stayed anywhere else, but that's because we love CCI so much! Reasons why:
- Rooms are small but clean and comfy
- Staff is friendly
- Pool and jacuzzi are great for afternoon breaks
- Free breakfast
- Close enough to the park to walk - but we never do because of the free shuttle
- Pretty place; I'm a gardener and I love the beautiful plants everywhere

Only 8 more days and we'll be there again! :cool1:

Sheraton Anaheim

1. Great shuttle that ran like clockwork and even included a 2nd bus if the 1st became full...they would NOT leave you stranded.
2. The beds! I have a problem falling asleep on beds away from home...not here...I was out like a light every night!
3. The grounds...they were beautiful...and gated...totally felt safe and had a very appealing morning walk every morning.
4. CAKE! Mind you...there was a reason I was out power walking...the deli of this hotel has the BEST 7 layer chocolate cake...they sell it buy the slice...and a slice is HUGE...we split the slice between 3 women and put us into a chocolate coma. Needless to say we split a slice 3 nights during our stay.

HoJo, it's close and it's a nice place to stay. Great pool and play areas, nice ground, great staff, nice rooms.

HoJo - Although it is the only off-site hotel I have stayed at. The staff was super-nice, no complaints about the room, the walk to the park was super easy, loved the game room (OK, loved the photo booth) ... I don't have anything bad to say about it. Not to mention the price with the ent. rate for when I go in September!!

Park Vue Inn

1. Location!
2. Location!
3. Location!
4. Nice breakfast!
5. Cold Stone Creamery!
It's right across the street from the main entrance cross walk! My feet love me at the end of the day! :thumbsup2

I was at HoJo's in April and it took us only about 5 minutes or less... cross to the Disney side sidewalk at Manchester, it's much less crowded.

I thought the walk from the Candy Cane Inn was long and awful... but that was in the middle of summer with a stroller and 3 other kids under 10! The rooms were too tiny for a family as well.

I have to stay at the Anabella when I go in Feb with the cheerleaders. It is a much longer walk than any of the other hotels I have stayed at! It's my least favorite hotel.

From the HoJo is not 5 min. or less, unless you're speed walking it just isn't done. Trust me on that, we've stayed at the HoJo so many times and we've never made in under 7 min, unless the timer is running. lol DBF did that once, he ran the end of it and said it took him 5 min, we called him on it tho, we knew he didn't walk it all. lol CCI is the same distance as the HoJo, just a little more actually but not by much. The walk is different tho, it took us just at 10 min to do instead of the 7 from HoJo. CCI is nice too, they have a good breakfast that's free, HoJo doesn't have any free breakfast at all, but the HoJo has the Ent Rate and if you get that you're golden!!

My favorite offsite hotels are HoJo's and Stovall's.

HoJo's, because of the short walk to the Park, the high ceilings with arched skylights (in the top floor rooms), the general "vintage but not run down" look of the place, and the Entertainment Card rate (of course!).

Stovall's, because I used to stay there on family vacations when it still looked like this:
IOText.jpg

:laughing: , and it still has the Topiary Garden. And 2 pools. Maybe it wouldn't be one of my favorites if there wasn't the "nostalgia" factor for me; who knows? I'm looking forward to my upcoming stay there, as I was able to get a great deal through AAA.

Referring to HoJo what is the entertainment rate, and how does one get it. Im planning for Sept 2010 trip-stravaganza and need lots of info!:jumping1:party:pixiedust:

My all time favorite it the embassy suites, its around $150 per night but you get a living room and bedroom 2 flat screen televisions a pull out couch, free breakfast and free alcohol at there managers reception, they also have a $3 shuttle to disneyland that runs around the clock. it is great for families or just couples. My second Favorite is the Anaheim Hilton, there beds are brand new and the rooms are spacious and luxourious they run anywhere from $89-150, we are going at the end of july and staying in the Hilton we got a disneyview for only $89 a night, they also have a shuttle that runs to Disneyland every 10 min. for like $3. the only thing is parking at the hilton is $15 a day, that is the only down fall but it very close and walkable to disneyland and 7-eleven and a all night subway. those are my 2 favorite off-site Hotels.

P.S. i love that pic of the Old Stovall, i used to stay there as a kid, brings back memories

Before we were a family of 6 it was CCI. Lovely little grounds, easy walk, easy shuttle (their own) and best of all, it super clean :)

Now that we need more room we've discovered the Staybridge Suites. Last year we got bumped to a two bedroom suite and now it's the only way we want to travel, lol. All the space has spoiled us. There is a king bed and full bath in one bedroom, two doubles and a full bathroom in the other and between the two there is a kitchen/dining/living area with a pull out sofa. The baby uses a (free) crib so each kid has their own bed. Rooms are clean and everything is in very good condition, there is loads of closet and dresser space. Oh, and use of the washers and dryers is free ;) It's nice to spread out during down time.

It's not walking distance but the ART is an easy trip. Manchester Blvd runs parallel to I5, but it was quiet in our room and we couldn't hear the freeway at the pool (love the pool area). Breakfast is good-eggs, cereal, bacon or sausage, waffles, juice, pastries, etc.

HoJo's, because of the short walk to the Park, the high ceilings with arched skylights (in the top floor rooms), the general "vintage but not run down" look of the place, and the Entertainment Card rate (of course!).

Stovall's, because I used to stay there on family vacations when it still looked like this:
IOText.jpg

Yeah, nostalgia - cool! Hey, when was this picture taken? I like looking at old pics of DL and the surrounding area. :hippie:

IOText.jpg

Yeah, nostalgia - cool! Hey, when was this picture taken? I like looking at old pics of DL and the surrounding area. :hippie:

Oh, I didn't take the picture myself! I had it saved to my old computer along with other pictures I found online of what I called "the Space Hotels" as a little kid, for a collage project that I made for my mom. I'm guessing the picture is from the 60s, as that's when the "Space Hotels" were in their full glory!

I also like looking at older pictures of the area, and am probably one of the few people who thought it all looked so much more interesting when Harbor Blvd./surrounding areas were a "neon jungle". :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter