Perfect 1st day back

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
In a world without covid, transportation issues, difficulty getting reservations, inclement weather and human limitations (ie complete exhaustion and stomach capacity) - what would your ultimate first day back be?
All rides are walk on.
All social distancing is gone, covid is a distant memory, fireworks are all back and even better you can pick whichever fireworks you like (Wishes / Happily Ever after etc).
All past and present items are on menus.

So,
Breakfast
Morning
Lunch
Afternoon
Dinner
Evening
Last thing...

Mine would be:
Breakfast - California Grill brunch (steak and eggs and fried chicken and babas) with mimosas before waddling to...
Morning - MK for the TTA and Carousel of progress, pirates and splash and BTMRR, before a leisurely pre lunch of a shared hotdog and corn dog nuggets with cheese sauce at Casey's corner, followed by lunch 2.0 at...
Lunch - takumi tei followed by a plum wine from katsura grill, then onto...
Afternoon- galaxys edge (for DH, riding both rides 5 times in the course of an hour and a half so we have time for wasting money on merch), before...
Dinner - V and A of course, somehow time travels slower inside though and it only takes 15 minutes for the whole meal, not 4 hours... next...
Evening: Epcot where we grab a couple of margaritas (also alcohol has no effect in this make believe scenario) and hit 3 Caballeros, Soarin, FEA and finish with Illuminations, before managing to get to Hollywood studios for fantasmic and the star wars fireworks.
And what's this?! MK are doing a late night showing of wishes and happily ever after!
Last thing... dip in the pool which is obviously still open and zebra domes.

Anyone top that?

i can't even begin to think about it....
first off, i'd want to spend about 4 weeks there and just go with the flow.....
no planning....just do whatever we want, whenever we want.....

Our first Disney day in 2019 was magical, and we ate FAR too much food, I think there's only one thing I'd change and that's if Remy opens, we'd obviously squeeze that in!

Epcot 14th August 2019 - Disney Dining Plan
Park Open 09:00
Breakfast at Akershus 08:00
They let us onto Frozen Ever After when we came out at 08:40
We hightailed it to Soarin' and walked on before park officially opened.
Test Track FP 09:15
All 3 headliners done in no time, on a Saturday!
Then we pottered around, did Figment, Spaceship Earth etc, waiting for World Showcase to open.
Started at Canada and waltzed around til we got to Japan, lunch at Teppan Edo which was fantastic.
Caught the boat across the Showcase, and went to International Gateway for dessert at Beaches and Cream.
Back to Epcot, waddling along with that food in our bellies, did a bit more of the Showcase before.
Dinner at Le Cellier, Filet Mignon and Boursin Mashed Potato, yes please, 2 bites in, no thank you! What a waste :(
And then to top it all off, Frozen Dessert Party, the 3D Glasses were magical, the fireworks were great, the food we didn't really have much of, of course, but lots of nice cold drinks.
Then not much of a wait for the bus back to Coronado Springs.

I'd do it all again for sure, but perhaps with no DDP, we'd have some quick service and snacks and just a nice evening meal somewhere.

Quick edit to mention the Boursin Mashed Potatoes, they were UNREAL, I was just way too full for food, (still crammed in a bit of the Maple Creme Brulee though, duh!)

Last edited:
So this has been a hard one for me mainly because we don't tend to do whole days in the park so breakfast options are limited but this is probably mine:
  • Breakfast - Animal Kingdom to grab a giant Cinnamon bun from the coffee stand in Africa as they are so yummy (remembering to take with me a ziploc as there will be left overs and I will be eating it later)
  • Morning - Safari, Lion King show, Safari, Animation at Rafikis, Safari then Maharajah Jungle Trek.
  • Lunch - Stop off at Nomad Lounge for a cheeky cocktail and their bread service as love it there. As leaving the park pop into Rainforest Cafe for a Corona Rita before heading over to EPCOT via the Beach Club (reason for this is that I want to go straight to the UK pavilion for chips so can use the International Gateway entrance!)
  • Afternoon - World Showcase making sure to stop in Tutto Gusto for a cheese plate and wine and probably in Mexico for a Margarita and chips & dips as well as a ride on Grand Fiesta (I'll admit I'm likely to forget that I've missed Canada in this route but hey never mind). Then Figment, The Land (yes I love it), The Living Seas with Nemo, a quick wander in Mousegear (always have to have a look and do a bit of shopping) and finally Spaceship Earth
  • Dinner - I would probably go to the California Grill and then that way I can watch the fireworks from there
  • Last thing - I would go back to my resort and enjoy a dip in the hot tub with a nice glass of wine.
I feel this day however would knacker me out! I did something very similar in September 2019 (Animal Kingdom, EPCOT then met friends for drinks & fireworks at Top of the World lounge) but I remember the next day I felt like I could sleep for a week! Also I have realised that my ideal day involves a lot of "lounges" but that is probably a bad reflection on me I was just trying to fit in all my favourite places. The only things missing from my ideal trip to Disney entirely are the Peoplemover, Its a Small World & Winnie the Pooh in Magic Kingdom and then Frozen Singalong, Star Tours & Oga's Cantina in Hollywood studios but I wouldn't be forcing a four park day on myself as I know how stressful that is and how much walking! Day two however would be:

• Breakfast - Probably Be Our Guest but only if they still do the pastry selection with breakfast as that was so yummy
  • Morning - It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear and People Mover
  • Lunch - Head on over to Hollywood Studios and grab a Cobb Salad from the Hollywood Brown Debry Lounge along with some sort of cocktail (maybe Grapefruit Martini)
  • Afternoon - Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Train (not tried yet), Toy Story Mania, Smugglers Run, Olga's Cantina for a drink, Muppet Vision and Star Tours ending with Frozen Sing-a-long
  • Dinner - I think this would have to be the firework patio meal at the Rose and Crown that we did in 2019 as it was really good food and an amazing way to watch the fireworks.
  • Last thing - I would go back to my resort and enjoy a dip in the hot tub with a nice glass of wine.

Last edited:
Our first Disney day in 2019 was magical, and we ate FAR too much food, I think there's only one thing I'd change and that's if Remy opens, we'd obviously squeeze that in!

Epcot 14th August 2019 - Disney Dining Plan
Park Open 09:00
Breakfast at Akershus 08:00
They let us onto Frozen Ever After when we came out at 08:40
We hightailed it to Soarin' and walked on before park officially opened.
Test Track FP 09:15
All 3 headliners done in no time, on a Saturday!
Then we pottered around, did Figment, Spaceship Earth etc, waiting for World Showcase to open.
Started at Canada and waltzed around til we got to Japan, lunch at Teppan Edo which was fantastic.
Caught the boat across the Showcase, and went to International Gateway for dessert at Beaches and Cream.
Back to Epcot, waddling along with that food in our bellies, did a bit more of the Showcase before.
Dinner at Le Cellier, Filet Mignon and Boursin Mashed Potato, yes please, 2 bites in, no thank you! What a waste :(
And then to top it all off, Frozen Dessert Party, the 3D Glasses were magical, the fireworks were great, the food we didn't really have much of, of course, but lots of nice cold drinks.
Then not much of a wait for the bus back to Coronado Springs.

I'd do it all again for sure, but perhaps with no DDP, we'd have some quick service and snacks and just a nice evening meal somewhere.

Quick edit to mention the Boursin Mashed Potatoes, they were UNREAL, I was just way too full for food, (still crammed in a bit of the Maple Creme Brulee though, duh!)
The maple creme brulee goes to a specially designated second stomach, so there is always room...

So this has been a hard one for me mainly because we don't tend to do whole days in the park so breakfast options are limited but this is probably mine:
  • Breakfast - Animal Kingdom to grab a giant Cinnamon bun from the coffee stand in Africa as they are so yummy (remembering to take with me a ziploc as there will be left overs and I will be eating it later)
  • Morning - Safari, Lion King show, Safari, Animation at Rafikis, Safari then Maharajah Jungle Trek.
  • Lunch - Stop off at Nomad Lounge for a cheeky cocktail and their bread service as love it there. As leaving the park pop into Rainforest Cafe for a Corona Rita before heading over to EPCOT via the Beach Club (reason for this is that I want to go straight to the UK pavilion for chips so can use the International Gateway entrance!)
  • Afternoon - World Showcase making sure to stop in Tutto Gusto for a cheese plate and wine and probably in Mexico for a Margarita and chips & dips as well as a ride on Grand Fiesta (I'll admit I'm likely to forget that I've missed Canada in this route but hey never mind). Then Figment, The Land (yes I love it), The Living Seas with Nemo, a quick wander in Mousegear (always have to have a look and do a bit of shopping) and finally Spaceship Earth
  • Dinner - I would probably go to the California Grill and then that way I can watch the fireworks from there
I feel this day however would knacker me out! I did something very similar in September 2019 (Animal Kingdom, EPCOT then met friends for drinks & fireworks at Top of the World lounge) but I remember the next day I felt like I could sleep for a week! Also I have realised that my ideal day involves a lot of "lounges" but that is probably a bad reflection on me I was just trying to fit in all my favourite places. The only things missing from my ideal trip to Disney entirely are the Peoplemover, Its a Small World & Winnie the Pooh in Magic Kingdom and then Frozen Singalong, Star Tours & Oga's Cantina in Hollywood studios but I wouldn't be forcing a four park day on myself as I know how stressful that is and how much walking! Day two however would be:

• Breakfast - Probably Be Our Guest but only if they still do the pastry selection with breakfast as that was so yummy
  • Morning - It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear and People Mover
  • Lunch - Head on over to Hollywood Studios and grab a Cobb Salad from the Hollywood Brown Debry Lounge along with some sort of cocktail (maybe Grapefruit Martini)
  • Afternoon - Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Train (not tried yet), Toy Story Mania, Smugglers Run, Olga's Cantina for a drink, Muppet Vision and Star Tours ending with Frozen Sing-a-long
  • Dinner - I think this would have to be somewhere in Downtown Disney maybe Morimoto or Enzo's Hideaway
With all the miles walked at WDW, sometimes you need a good lounge to cool off and have a refresher! Ive not tried the grapefruit martini yet, its on the list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter