Perennial-Lupine

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Lupine-These plants come in an annual and perennial variety. My favorite is the perennial. There foliage reminds me of tiny schefflera (have no idea how to spell this houseplant) leaves, giving way to tall spikes of flowers. They come in just about every color. Lupines grow in ordinary soil, never add lime to soil they are grown in. I do not know why, but the results when planted in soil that has lime is dreadful. There range in heights 16-32 inches.

I love these plants and grow them in my gardens. I do have some problems with them. Cutworms love these plants and if left unchecked they will eat every stem.

Lupine

Lupines - some years I have better luck than others. I don't think they are coming back but are reseeding. I always sprinkle the seeds around in the fall. I just bought another six-pack ($7.50 - boy have they gone up) and will plant them today.

One year we went to the Point Reyes lighthouse in April, and there were huge yellow bush lupines by the lighthousekeeper's house. Their scent in that setting was divine. I wish some perfumer would do a capture of that scent. It was one of the most intoxicating things I have ever smelled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter