Percussion Massagers

SimonSez

DIS Veteran
Just purchased one of those percussion massagers and plan on taking it to WDW in August. My feet ache pretty bad at the end of a Disney day and I can't wait to use it on my arches. We all have various aches and pains and we will be passing the thing around at night when we get back to the hotel. Thankfully we are driving and not flying, as the percussion massager is the shape of a gun :scratchin Anyone here have experience with this type of massage device at Disney?

Just purchased one of those percussion massagers and plan on taking it to WDW in August. My feet ache pretty bad at the end of a Disney day and I can't wait to use it on my arches. We all have various aches and pains and we will be passing the thing around at night when we get back to the hotel. Thankfully we are driving and not flying, as the percussion massager is the shape of a gun :scratchin Anyone here have experience with this type of massage device at Disney?

I have not tried one but have heard good things about percussion massagers. I hope it renews your feet at night so you are ready for all that Disney walking the next day.
:dancer:

I brought my Theragun on the last trip and it made a world of difference. I tend to get shin splints after a few days of walking around the parks and never got them after using the Theragun. It also felt great on the bottom of my feet. People in my party were laughing at me after the first day, but they were asking to use it after the second. lol

I brought my Theragun on the last trip and it made a world of difference. I tend to get shin splints after a few days of walking around the parks and never got them after using the Theragun. It also felt great on the bottom of my feet. People in my party were laughing at me after the first day, but they were asking to use it after the second. lol
Thanks for the info. I have no doubt they wanted to use it after they saw the benefits :thumbsup2

I just bought one today, a Theragun Pro. Mainly because my neck & shoulder were bothering me, second reason was to use it after running.
I've only used it once, but already my neck & shoulder feel much better. I tried out some routines on my arms and legs to see what it did, and what I hadn't expected was: it gets my energy flowing. It wasn't my best day today, I felt tired and a bit lethargic. After using the Theragun I felt ready to get off the couch and go do something.

I like how it comes in a nice little suitcase, making it easy to transport. Very likely it will come with me on Disney trips, at least to Disney run weekends.

My downsides: One. It's not the lightest thing in the world. Second. I wish there was a setting lower than 1750 ppm

I just found the travel case for mine while moving. I was just throwing it in the suit case prior. I’d also suggest the dual head attachment. My only gripe is the noise. I see that they made a new quieter version I may need to look into that upgrade program.

I just bought one today, a Theragun Pro. Mainly because my neck & shoulder were bothering me, second reason was to use it after running.
I've only used it once, but already my neck & shoulder feel much better. I tried out some routines on my arms and legs to see what it did, and what I hadn't expected was: it gets my energy flowing. It wasn't my best day today, I felt tired and a bit lethargic. After using the Theragun I felt ready to get off the couch and go do something.

I like how it comes in a nice little suitcase, making it easy to transport. Very likely it will come with me on Disney trips, at least to Disney run weekends.

My downsides: One. It's not the lightest thing in the world. Second. I wish there was a setting lower than 1750 ppm
I do appreciate the little suitcase :)

Update, I have returned my Theragun and switched it for a much cheaper Tunturi massage gun. After using the Theragun a couple of times I didn't like that the 1750 was the slowest it can go. That was too intense for what I needed. With the Tunturi the lowest setting is 1200. There is about a $400-500 difference in price and that is a lot when you are not 100% happy with the options. I liked the use of the app with the Theragun, however a lot with that was common sense, or information you can find on the internet on how to do it. The Tunturi also comes in a convenient little suitcase :)

Why had I not thought of doing something like this before I read this?!?

I was just in Boston where DD and I walked 8-10 miles per day. My back and legs ached.

I own a TENS unit that I could have taken... attached the patches to my lower back and turned it on periodically throughout the day to at least solve that issue.

I'm going to look at the Theragun now.

These may be my go to items for our next vacations.

Thank you OP!!!

I took my percussion massager on a trip last week. I have RLS. I take Potassium and that takes care of it. Except on long drives or when I walk a lot.
Yesterday on the drive back my legs got really twitchy and the massager took care of it. I was so happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter