penguin encounter

crabbie1

DIS Veteran
DB booked this last night for my 40th birthday and just wondered if anyone had done this.? ANy idea of the time as we will not know until we check in at the park at 10am.:confused3. It just says tour 1 on the eticket.

thankyou
alyson

Did this a couple of years ago. See lots of backs of buildings and some bits where they look after sick animals. Actually getting to touch a penguin, even under very controlled conditions was fun. Think they had several tours a day but sorry can't remember the timings.

DB booked this last night for my 40th birthday and just wondered if anyone had done this.? ANy idea of the time as we will not know until we check in at the park at 10am.:confused3. It just says tour 1 on the eticket.

thankyou
alyson

we have done this tour, sorry cant remember what the times were,we just turned up in the morning and went to the place that you get the park maps from, they told us there what time the tour was and where to wait for it, try asking on the seaworld forum someone may know the times :)

Its a few years ago but I believe it was 10am we had to be there, got everyone together, gave us a bottle of water each and set off. I know we did quite a bit before lunch next to Shamu.

Can only find 1 pic thats much good, it was back in Oct 2004, this is as much as you get to touch a Pingu, 2 fingers on its back. We really enjoyed it and thought it was well worth the $60 we paid after AP discount but the cost has risen to more than I would pay now at $125.

Forget all that:rotfl2:, just seen they now do a Pingu spotlight tour. This wasn't available back in 2004 it was the VIP tour which include touching a Pingu. Info about it here, it says the tour times are not set until the morning of the tour. http://www.have-fun-in-the-usa.com/Penguin-Encounter.html

StrokingaPenguinMedium.jpg

Thanks all. Wayne I knew it had changed so there was more of a personal thing going on with the penguins if you know what I mean:lmao: I wanted to do something special for my birthday and as we both love penguins so much DB decided to book it.
Any ideas where we can book a meal either at seaworld or LBV near to where we are staying (LBV resort village and spa)?

Any ideas where we can book a meal either at seaworld or LBV near to where we are staying (LBV resort village and spa)?

In Seaworld we have only eaten at Counter service, not great food last few meals.
LBV there is Bahama Breeze which is popular, we still haven't tried it, went over Easter but couldn't park and loads waiting outside. What type of meal? will you have a car?

If you want something special they do something at shark encounter that sounds quite good. Haven't done it so can't swear what its like but sounded interesting.

Bahama Breeze is good and they do free valet parking which is good if the lot is busy. I do think the service can be a little iffy if very busy but usually food great. You can sort of book a table for a rough time to get the next available one. Haven't tried that yet because it was new last trip.

Dont mind what kind of food, eat most things. Dont have a car and need to look where the LBV resort village and spa is and if there are any resturants near.Will have a look at bahama breeze and sharks grill.Thanks for that.:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter