A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

I love the mermaid outfit, but I didn't order it.

I agonized all weekend over whether to buy anything with the 30% sale (I was going to get serpent capris and Anahata shirt), but I didn't pull the trigger and now I regret it! :( But I don't really need to spend the money.

I'm betting for the price of the mystery boxes that there's a jacket in there.

I did resist the mermaid capris since I already have them with the pink but man I wished they'd have done the Orange first. But since I'm still waiting to get my purchases from the sale I decided to resist.

And speaking of my package, using the tracking link is crazy-making. My package is making some bizarre tour of the US. Why, FedEx, why?

My skirt arrived in the fedex location that I literally could walk to and has a 3/21 delivery date. I just checked and it left for the big Chicago facility and now says 3/23. Whhhy? (I mean, I know why...all my packages do that but I always want to just drive there and say GIMME!)

My foundation order earlier this week was worse though. It made it to my post office and then left for Texas and weaseled it's way back to my post office a week later. I wish it would have at least sent me a postcard from its vacation.

And speaking of my package, using the tracking link is crazy-making. My package is making some bizarre tour of the US. Why, FedEx, why?

My skirt arrived in the fedex location that I literally could walk to and has a 3/21 delivery date. I just checked and it left for the big Chicago facility and now says 3/23. Whhhy? (I mean, I know why...all my packages do that but I always want to just drive there and say GIMME!)

My foundation order earlier this week was worse though. It made it to my post office and then left for Texas and weaseled it's way back to my post office a week later. I wish it would have at least sent me a postcard from its vacation.

I've learned two things over the past few years:
1 - Shipping routes make zero sense
2 - Packages go to the wrong facility (and then have to make their way back to you) way more often than they should. It's kinda disturbing that these shipping companies can't get the process right. I've had packages go from right near my house to miles away from my house because of "accidental sorting mistakes." Really??

Ohhh! That would be very cool!
I've got my fingers crossed!!
I love the mermaid outfit, but I didn't order it.

I agonized all weekend over whether to buy anything with the 30% sale (I was going to get serpent capris and Anahata shirt), but I didn't pull the trigger and now I regret it! :( But I don't really need to spend the money.
I know what you mean!! Good adulting! I have had to rein it in a bit lately myself...:eek:
I'm betting for the price of the mystery boxes that there's a jacket in there.
I think so, too. Jacket, maybe a tech shirt and...??? Drop bag/tech tube?? That would about equal the value of the box, although that may be too much since there was also free shipping... :scratchin
I did resist the mermaid capris since I already have them with the pink but man I wished they'd have done the Orange first. But since I'm still waiting to get my purchases from the sale I decided to resist.
I did NOT resist, because I am weak. :rotfl2: But honestly, I was fooling around with the magnification feature on the website and I am with you that I like the orange more!! I bet you could find someone to trade your original mermaids for the new ones if you wanted...:scratchin

My sale stuff JUST came yesterday. Hoping to try one of the hats tomorrow on my run! I did buy the correct size so that's good!
FOR REAL! FedEx is so frustrating! My sale stuff shipping USPS, I think because of the hats since they used a box to package them...and it arrived quickly. I think it would have been here Wednesday if not for Tuesday's snow storm. I read people saying on Facebook that they don't even look at the FedEx tracking because it is so frustrating and I think I need to start doing that!
GAH! I owe you a picture! Sorry, I'll grab that in a bit!

I have had my stuff sit at my local FedEx hub for, like, 2 days because "it's not due for delivery yet." So frustrating! And others have even asked if they can come pick up the stuff themselves and FedEx almost always says no. :(

I've started doing all of my orders through SmartPost instead and they normally come 1-2 days before the projected delivery date since USPS handles the delivery. And I save a few bucks. :confused3:confused3
My SmartPost orders do that. They get into Ohio, then go to Pennsylvania, then back to Ohio...not as bad as yours though!! What even.
I've learned two things over the past few years:
1 - Shipping routes make zero sense
2 - Packages go to the wrong facility (and then have to make their way back to you) way more often than they should. It's kinda disturbing that these shipping companies can't get the process right. I've had packages go from right near my house to miles away from my house because of "accidental sorting mistakes." Really??
Not cool!! Sometimes I think they must have methods that make sense, but then I look at the tracking and get confused all over again.

No rush! You know I'm gonna end up buying like five things to match my shirt for tink weekend and bring them all with me anyways :)

Regarding adulting on the purchase of running clothes...I'm off today and decided to clean out my closet and donate stuff I don't wear anymore.

So.much.running.attire. I have a problem. :oops:

No rush! You know I'm gonna end up buying like five things to match my shirt for tink weekend and bring them all with me anyways :)
I forgot AGAIN. I was all "I'll get it in a minute!" Then 4+ hours later...sorryyyyyyy :oops:
Regarding adulting on the purchase of running clothes...I'm off today and decided to clean out my closet and donate stuff I don't wear anymore.

So.much.running.attire. I have a problem. :oops:
Um...SAME. I just listed 4 things in the INB Facebook group and NO TAKERS!! I may just go to eBay and likely take a loss on some stuff. But I have WAY too many running clothes, and more on the way!! :faint:

I forgot AGAIN. I was all "I'll get it in a minute!" Then 4+ hours later...sorryyyyyyy :oops:

Um...SAME. I just listed 4 things in the INB Facebook group and NO TAKERS!! I may just go to eBay and likely take a loss on some stuff. But I have WAY too many running clothes, and more on the way!! :faint:

I know some people do running streaks, perhaps you can try a running short streak?

Subbing! Love your trip reports and just realized you have a training thread! I ran the Princess half in 2015 and am totally addicted, but haven't been able to get back for a race. I was completely with all you princesses in spirit though for both 2016 and 2017 :lovestruc
So excited to be able to say that I'm heading back to do the Challenge (whatever the name might be now :)) in 2018 :yay: My two nieces will be joining me - the older one ran the half with me in 2015 and we decided to do the challenge together this time as we'll both be celebrating big birthdays (she'll be 21 and I'll be 50). My younger niece is going to join us for the half. Can't wait to officially register!

I have a running friend that is registered for a local half marathon (beginning of May) so I've been doing training runs with her. We did eight miles today and felt great!

Okay, going back to read about your training - thanks for taking us on this journey with you :thumbsup2

Subbing! Love your trip reports and just realized you have a training thread! I ran the Princess half in 2015 and am totally addicted, but haven't been able to get back for a race. I was completely with all you princesses in spirit though for both 2016 and 2017 :lovestruc
:wave: Welcome!! I had to miss out in 2016 too. It was rough!!
So excited to be able to say that I'm heading back to do the Challenge (whatever the name might be now :)) in 2018 :yay: My two nieces will be joining me - the older one ran the half with me in 2015 and we decided to do the challenge together this time as we'll both be celebrating big birthdays (she'll be 21 and I'll be 50). My younger niece is going to join us for the half. Can't wait to officially register!
That is awesome! What a fun trip that will be!!

I am intrigued with the name change for the challenge, I think it opens up a lot more possibilities, theme-wise!
I have a running friend that is registered for a local half marathon (beginning of May) so I've been doing training runs with her. We did eight miles today and felt great!
Isn't that the best feeling, to get a good long run in? Love it! :yay:
Okay, going back to read about your training - thanks for taking us on this journey with you :thumbsup2
Thanks for reading! :)

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Training

Week 2 (3/13 - 3/19): 14 miles completed

MO: lifting
TU: 2.5-mile run
WE: 2.5-mile run
TH: lifting
FR: 3-mile run/yoga
SA: rest
SU: 6-mile run

Bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjour bonjour bonjour!

Week 2 is done!

I was supposed to have yoga after work on Monday, but I think Daylight Savings kicked me in the you-know-what and I just felt WIPED when work was done...so no yoga that day. :faint:

On Tuesday, Winter kicked everyone in the you-know-what and I ended up working remotely (i.e. working from home) that day. I didn't decide to do this until I was already up and dressed to run, so I just ended up using our treadmill at home right away to get 2.5 miles in. This went pretty well until I accidentally pulled the dumb e-stop at one point...thankfully I had just looked to see that I was at 2 miles, so I know exactly where I was in the run! Like I said last week, our treadmill slows/speeds up really slowly so I did longer intervals - ran the first mile through without stopping and then did something like run 0.5 miles/walk for 1 minute after that.

Wednesday - back to work! And back to the better treadmills. For this run I did 1:00/0:30 for 10 minutes, 1:15/0:30 for 10 minutes and then 1:30/0:30 until I was done. This went pretty well! I think I'm going to do this same routine next week for my 2 short runs and then maybe start to stretch the intervals out from there. I think I'd like to eventually get to 1:30/0:30 or 2:00/0:30 intervals for my runs but I don't want to rush to get there just yet.

Friday - home treadmill again. Temperatures in the 20s/low 30s. How was I just running outside in this a few weeks ago? Run was good (longer intervals again - 8:00/1:00, 7:00/1:00, 6:00/1:00 etc. until I was done) and I made it to yoga today, which was challenging and satisfying.

Also, it was the holiday of my homeland. Erin go Bragh! (Picture not actually taken on Friday because of aforementioned dismal weather.)

32632224833_e1cf940e7f_z.jpg

I did the whole all day boozefest downtown once (when I was in grad school :drinking1) but haven't again since...glad I experienced it once, but no desire to do that again, especially with sleet in the forecast. Ack!

Sunday was long run day! A little pre-run dancing or something*...

32693027964_e93996251d_z.jpg

*dorkiness

Really good run! This is about my favorite distance to run...somewhere in the 5-8 mile range is perfect to me (not too long but long enough that it's a bit of a challenge). I did 1:00/0:30 for most of it but threw in some 1:15/0:30 and 1:30/0:30 intervals. I was starting to drag a bit toward the end - mile 6 was my slowest - but I'm happy with how it went overall! :yay:

After the run, it was time for Beauty and the Beast!

33379557742_63e82b2915_z.jpg

I liked it a lot more than I thought I would...dare I say more than the original? I thought it would just be a shot-for-shot remake of the animated film based on the commercials/trailers I saw, but it was so much more than that! For me, it filled some holes and fleshed out the characters. I liked Emma Watson as Belle (really I thought as a whole the film was perfectly cast) and the additional songs more than I expected, but...

Look, I know Gaston is the villain but I super was not expecting him to decide to feed Maurice to the wolves. :eek: That was surprising.

I thought "Gaston" was the best performed song. Really liked the choreography and extra lyrics, and Josh Gad did a great job. "Be Our Guest" was a little frantic, I thought. Good, but frantic. Definitely want to see the movie again at some point.

Also, they played the trailer for "Coco" and it looks interesting. We normally see new Pixar films in the theaters so we’ll likely see that one...though now that I think of it we never saw "The Good Dinosaur." Hmmmm

Now I need to see Cinderella and the Jungle Book!

Have a good week, people! :banana:

I love the dancing flowers outfit!! Congrats on a successful week! I will be back to read your BATB take as soon as see it tomorrow tonight ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter