PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I got my missing points from the lindt deal. They emailed me this morning and have put my 5559 points onto my account. I hope everyone else gets theirs done soon. Seem almost like they hope we won't notice that we are missing some. Forget that noise!! we are saving for Disney they should know better than to mess with us planners hahahaha

I posted this on the wrong thread earlier. Guess that's what I get for having so many threads I follow.....

Bought the Lotto gift cards this morning. What I didn't realize is that you get 10,000 points for a $50 spend for the rest of the week. That's what showed when I bought them so I had to go to customer service to get the other 2000 points. They were not aware of the offer but gave me the points anyways.
Bought $200 in Lotto, got 48,000 points. BIL will get $100 for xmas, DH will get $50 (he buys one lotto ticket a week so that will last) and the other $50 will purchase scratch tickets that are gifts for others. This, for us, was a really good buy.

i stopped in before work this morning and put my points towards a switch lite. yay for the bonus redemption event!
Or a big ticket item.,,,like a video game or some techy gadget. If the hubby wasn't so picky about what type of smart tv he wants...I would maybe...just MAYBE use all my points to get him a smart tv!

Last year...we purchased our boys the Nintendo switch and a couple of games, and some extra accessories...and we only spent 40.00 out of our pocket. We cleared out most of the points...but I really didn't want to have to spend X amount of dollars on another gaming system. :crazy2: So everyone won on that purchase!

I am thinking I'll purchase myself a curling iron, the one I currently have was passed onto me from a friend but it has the clip design to it rather then just a barrel and I dont find myself using it because of that.

Tried asking the husband if he wanted a new electric shaver but he wasnt interested. He has a switch as well so maybe I can find a game in store he's interested. I am going to go in store tomorrow and see what I can stock up on with the "extra" $70 to reach the $200 mark

I posted this on the wrong thread earlier. Guess that's what I get for having so many threads I follow.....

Bought the Lotto gift cards this morning. What I didn't realize is that you get 10,000 points for a $50 spend for the rest of the week. That's what showed when I bought them so I had to go to customer service to get the other 2000 points. They were not aware of the offer but gave me the points anyways.
Bought $200 in Lotto, got 48,000 points. BIL will get $100 for xmas, DH will get $50 (he buys one lotto ticket a week so that will last) and the other $50 will purchase scratch tickets that are gifts for others. This, for us, was a really good buy.
I need 18000 points to get to 130000 for the redemption event. Online purchase takes longer to post points so I am thinking of getting the OLG gift cards. What are the participating lottery retailers if they can’t be used at Shoppers, Loblaws, Shell and Petro Canada? The convenience stores? What about the retailers in the malls? TIA!

I need 18000 points to get to 130000 for the redemption event. Online purchase takes longer to post points so I am thinking of getting the OLG gift cards. What are the participating lottery retailers if they can’t be used at Shoppers, Loblaws, Shell and Petro Canada? The convenience stores? What about the retailers in the malls? TIA!
I have used mine at a Smoke/convenience store in the Pickering Town Centre with no problems. Also used it at a little convenience store. Not even sure if I haven't used mine at a Sobey's store.
Edited to add it doesn't say on the website that they can't be used at Loblaws.
From website.
""All lottery gift cards can only be redeemed at more than 8,400 participating lottery retailers. Note that lottery gift cards cannot be redeemed at Shoppers Drug Mart, Shell and Petro Canada. ""

I have used mine at a Smoke/convenience store in the Pickering Town Centre with no problems. Also used it at a little convenience store. Not even sure if I haven't used mine at a Sobey's store.
Edited to add it doesn't say on the website that they can't be used at Loblaws.
From website.
""All lottery gift cards can only be redeemed at more than 8,400 participating lottery retailers. Note that lottery gift cards cannot be redeemed at Shoppers Drug Mart, Shell and Petro Canada. ""
I thought someone bought one for a Loblaws gift card deal and said it couldn’t be used there a while ago. But yes, the website doesn’t mention Loblaws.

:thanks:

I JUST used mine to buy one of those scratch gift packs for a gift and I did this at our corner Circle K store. I know I have used the gift cards before at Shell so not sure why they say you can't. Don't know about Loblaws or Shoppers but I would think any place that sells OLG should take them. They just scan them on the OLG machine. Makes no sense that they wouldn't.
This is from the OLG website.....
6. WHERE CAN LOTTERY GIFT CARDS BE REDEEMED?

Lottery gift cards can be redeemed at any lottery retailer. They can not be used to purchase lottery products on PlayOLG.ca.

https://lottery.olg.ca/en-ca/help/gift-cards
BTW--I see that Shoppers is offering the same deal, its in their flyer.

I thought someone bought one for a Loblaws gift card deal and said it couldn’t be used there a while ago. But yes, the website doesn’t mention Loblaws.
I once bought one at Shell for a promotion and tried to use it there and found out it couldn't be used there.

My 10000 points don’t post. They told me I had to wait till Dec. 27.

I bought 2 $25 OLG gcs but the points don’t show on the receipt. Should I chase?
My niece tried to purchase 2 $25 cards and was told the deal would only apply to $50 cards, that she could not break it up. She had get a refund and go back and get a $50 one.
Having said that, I would certainly put in for missing points. It's really not all that clear in the ad. You have nothing to lose and 10,000 points to gain.

My 10000 points don’t post. They told me I had to wait till Dec. 27.
No, send in a missing points request now. My points showed on my receipt right away. Are you sure your Optimum card was scanned? I only asked because once my niece purchased the $50 one her points didn't show either and she questioned it. The cashier said they would show later. She argued that and it's when they realized that the cashier didn't scan her Optimum card. There should be no waiting on this one.

My niece tried to purchase 2 $25 cards and was told the deal would only apply to $50 cards, that she could not break it up. She had get a refund and go back and get a $50 one.
Having said that, I would certainly put in for missing points. It's really not all that clear in the ad. You have nothing to lose and 10,000 points to gain.
There are only $25 ones available. And I was told there’s no refund. I just send in an inquiry. The promote says every $50 and doesn’t say just $50 gift cards. Very unclear.

Edited:
I read the flyer again. It does say a $50 gift card. Oh well, the cashier asked the supervisor who didn’t catch that when I asked about the missing points and told me it would post by Dec. 27. I will be more careful next time.

Last edited:
No, send in a missing points request now. My points showed on my receipt right away. Are you sure your Optimum card was scanned? I only asked because once my niece purchased the $50 one her points didn't show either and she questioned it. The cashier said they would show later. She argued that and it's when they realized that the cashier didn't scan her Optimum card. There should be no waiting on this one.

It was scanned and it shows the transaction in the App with no point. Then I was so occupied with this, I screwed up my Rexall shop. I forgot the $5 survey coupon and bought more than the Lindt sales limit. So paying $3 more on three boxes that are on top of the 4. What a bad hunting day for me!

We were not fully looking for a tv, but was at Superstore and they had the tvs there. Was looking at them and someone asked an employee close by if they would price match Leons. They said yes. I know they price match groceries, never thought they would match non-groceries. So picked up a cheap 55sharp for 299, no tax day and points.

hmm...i heard back about my missing points. as a reminder: spent 60$, including 20$ on lindt. i got the 16,000 for the chocolate, but only 10,000 for the 10K/every 30$ spent.

the email back says that i got the right total, even though it looks like it was distributed incorrectly on the receipt. i’m not sure if i should try to keep pushing...we all know that the 16K for chocolate is a mistake that worked for most of us all week. but i’ve also never had luck pushing back once they say no.

Luckily my online back up order is shipped today so I now have over 130000 points for the redemption event. I want to buy the Dyson hairdryer. Do I get 20X points for the $300 I paid on top of the points? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!