PBH AAA with Loews or PBH APH

tylerbug

Mouseketeer
Here is my dilema ..I have room booked with AAA rate $255.60 for August 13-16 this gives me portofino parlor suite with 2 queens beds...now I see there are APH rates for $209.00 for bayview room...we really dont need the extra room would just be nice...but I called hotel and they states none of the Parlor Suite have balcony which I would really like (I know these are not guarenteed only by request) but, If I take a bayview room will I have a better chance of a balcony....anyone who has stayed in the parlor suite or otherwise.....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

It is true that none of the Portofino parlors or connecting rooms have balconies. There are some with bay views in the west wing though. You are going at a pretty busy time of year and on a weekend which means the hotel will be pretty full and your chances of a balcony will be worse. I personally would take the suite and request a view of the bay.

I forgot to mention that there are at least two portofino suites in the west wing on the ground floor which would give you french doors opening out onto a little patio. I'm not sure if there are table and chairs though.

Do you know if these are non smoking rooms and perhaps a room# these sounds perfect ....your time is appreciated............

Do you know if these are non smoking rooms and perhaps a room# these sounds perfect ....your time is appreciated............and are they bayview or pool???

I'm sorry I don't have the room numbers. I believe they are designated non smoking but I had one reserved a few months ago and when we walked in it smelled like the previous occupants had smoked. I called the desk to ask if they had another portofino parlor and they upgraded me to a hospitality parlor (huge!). There are two that I know of for sure have bay views. One is almost right in front of the water taxi dock and the other is a little further down. The view of the farther one is not so good but it's still of the bay. Sorry I can't be that specific.

The balconies are nice, and our villa has three on the top floor...BUT, I your situation, I would DEFINITELY STAY with your current reservation! The PPS is MUCH NICER than the standard room. I've stayed in this suite on one occasion, and found it very comfortable and quaint. You will be VERY pleased you kept this ressie. As one poster wrote, there are PPS's on the ground floor. Just inquire at the desk...and they will take care of you. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter