Paying Part Cash and Part Dining Plan

Kjbbach1

Mouseketeer
How big of a pain is it to get the server to use credits for part of our party and charge the magic band for the rest? We will have more kids credits at the end of the trip vs adults. Thanks!

How big of a pain is it to get the server to use credits for part of our party and charge the magic band for the rest? We will have more kids credits at the end of the trip vs adults. Thanks!

No problem at all. Just tell them which is which and they'll be happy to accommodate you.

You can also use cash and gift cards; gift cards and magic bands........basically, Disney will take your money gladly;).

The dining plan is simply a payment method, it can be freely combined with other payment methods just as you can use cash and credit card at the same meal. They're quite used to it, especially in the probably more common case of people using DDP and ordering additional items not covered by plan entitlements.

Thanks all! I was worried that it would be a pain. hubby is anti-pain, so I wanted to make sure it wouldn't drive crazy on vacation:)

This is no trouble at all. If you have room charge set up with your resort, you can also just scan your MB for however many dining plan credits you tell your server to use and scan it again to charge the remainder so you don't have to carry around cash.

To complicate things a bit. My husband and I are both AP holders and are planning on getting the dining plan. We are going with family and will have three rooms total, but are the only ones getting DDP. At meals together we want to be able to use the DDP for some credits and 10% AP on the cash part. Will that be a problem. Also, how do they determine which meals to apply the DDP to? Let's say we want to use 4 DDP credits at one meal and pay OOP for the other 6 meals ordered. Do we have to let him know which meals to use the DDP? We will just charge everything to our band to make things easier and then settle up with family later.

I always ask them to split the bill completely when ordering with 2 different payment methods so that i don't need to worry about it being done incorrectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter