Paying it forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Okay here is the deal. A couple of nice DIS'ers made my DD6 day witha postcard from a character in December, saying can't wait to see you when you come to visit. We would like to pay it forward.

The first 3 people that send me a pm we will send their child a post card from their favorite character.

Please send name of child, address and any special message and a couple of different characters in case we can't find first choice.

Hope this helps build a childs belief in PIXIE DUST magic

Dave

goofydad621, this is a really great idea. I sent you a PM and I hope I am one of the 1st 3. If not thanks for posting the idea all the same. I will be sure to pay it forward too.

:Pinkbounc

I have a question, I have three children, and would like for all three to get a postcard at close to the same time, what's the best way for me to make this happen? Thanks for answering my question to whomever does.

that is such an awesome idea, i may do this for my november trip. it's always good to make someone smile. :flower1:

goofydad621, you just made MY day with that wonderful offer/suggestion. I don't have a young child any more (boy, they grow up so fast!) but it warms my heart to see there are caring people like you willing to do something like that. Thank you for wanting to pay it forward...that it truly a pixie dust idea! :wizard: :wave: :flower:

What a great idea Goofydad!!!! I'm going to do this too. We don't leave until June, but I also would like to send a few children post cards from their favorite character!!!!

Kim
:flower1:

Sending you a PM...hope you get it! :)
Thanks!!!
Tara

DD got a postcard from WDW from Mickey about a week before our trip... she LOVED it! We then sent out postcards to three families during our trip in November. It was fun, and great to know others got the same thriil my DD did. If anyone is thinking of doing it, go for it! It doesn't cost much, and it gives you a great feeling to make some child's day. We plan on doing it again when we go in the fall. :wizard:

Sent a PM your way!
And making a note on my calendar to
do the same thing before our trip!

Well I have all that I can handle, But some other great people sent me a pm wanting to help so I am going to forward all that I cann't handle to them.
Sorry I wont be accepting any more after 10 AM EST today. I would love too but I have to work the next three days and get ready to go myself.

Have a Disney Day Dave Goofydad Dionne

This is awesome :love off all that chat boards i have been on this is the best I ave 5 children we are going in april 22 if anyone is going before i would sure appresiate this and if amy is going after just let me know I will send as many post cards as poss. :earboy2: :grouphug:

Hi all, I am going in March. 03/20 thru 03/24. I have a PS for the Princess Storybook Breakfast, dinner @ Chef Mickeys & lunch @ The Crystal Palace. I am willing to send a few postcards. I think this is a GREAT idea. I don't have a little one, however my 15 year old is still my little princess. We will be celebrating her sweet 16 in WDW. I still like to think that you are never to old to believe in magic. At 45 I know I still do. I will be the on wearing the pink princess badge everyday of my trip. Most of my family and my co-workers think I am a little nuts to still consider myself a princess...I don't care! If I had my way I would wear a tiara every day!!! It's a feeling on the inside that I can't explain, you just know...PM me and I will send a postcards to a few princes & princesses of any age.

Leaving for my Happy place in 34 days!!!woohoo!!

I will be leaving this Friday and would love to make a child's day...send me a pm and I will be happy to keep the magic going. Thanks GoofyDad for starting the magic.

what a great idea! i would love to do this on my trip in march as well. i have a question though - i don't think characters will write anything besides their name (right?) so do you write a message in your own handwriting and then just have the character sign it? i wouldn't want to send a child an inferior postcard :blush:

I'm just going to look at one of the autographs we get and then do my best to copy the style. I'm not going for awhile but closer to departure I would love to have someone send cards to the two girls I'll be taking. Of course I'll do the same for others when I get there too. I love this idea!!!

Is it sad that it makes me a little misty eyed? :blush:

We're going May 1-7 and would be glad to send a few postcards for those kiddies going in the summer. Please send me a pm and I'll pack the info with my other stuff.
I think this is a great idea! I can remember loving to get mail when I was a kid. How cool to get some from my favorite Disney character!
(I don't have kiddies, but would love to make the day for other munchkins!)

I did this for a college friend's children after our last trip. Funny part was I sent it in my best Mickey writing and MAILED from NY. But since I had heard about their trip from another friend, my girl friend had no clue how they got the card. We saw each other about a year later and all of a sudden she realized it was me!!

We're going next Monday - I'll happily take 3 pm's!!!!

riopooh - I just sent you a pm.

We will be there the last week in April. I would be happy to return the favor and send some postcards. :earsgirl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter