Paying Dues with a Gift Card

Thanks for the tip! We could only order one per account, but that covers most of next month’s dues!

I was able to order 2 with both accounts, but on one of them, an order was cancelled. This happened the last time around as well, using a Best Buy credit card. I re-ordered using AMEX and it went through. I'll be ordering 4 per day until the rest of the year is covered.

I'm not sure why on one of the accounts, 1 of the 2 best buy credit card orders get canceled. The only difference I see in the 2 cards is that on my wife's it's a credit card, and on mine there's no visa logo on the bottom right. Perhaps it's only a store card, and it has a hard limit on Disney GC purchases.

I was able to order 2 with both accounts, but on one of them, an order was cancelled. This happened the last time around as well, using a Best Buy credit card. I re-ordered using AMEX and it went through. I'll be ordering 4 per day until the rest of the year is covered.

I'm not sure why on one of the accounts, 1 of the 2 best buy credit card orders get canceled. The only difference I see in the 2 cards is that on my wife's it's a credit card, and on mine there's no visa logo on the bottom right. Perhaps it's only a store card, and it has a hard limit on Disney GC purchases.
With my DH’s BB account and BB CC, we were allowed to order only one. I logged out of that account and logged in with mine, using a Visa CC, and was able to order one at a time, twice, but the second order was canceled.

With my DH’s BB account and BB CC, we were allowed to order only one. I logged out of that account and logged in with mine, using a Visa CC, and was able to order one at a time, twice, but the second order was canceled.
I guess their site is inconsistent. I remember I called them and they transferred me 4 or 5 times in their phone system because none of them could figure out why. I figured it out on the last day by just changing the payment method on my account for 1 of the transactions and it went through.

I'm going to try that tomorrow instead of charging both to the BB store card and waiting for a cancellation. I'll charge one on it and the other on the AMEX.

I guess their site is inconsistent. I remember I called them and they transferred me 4 or 5 times in their phone system because none of them could figure out why. I figured it out on the last day by just changing the payment method on my account for 1 of the transactions and it went through.

I'm going to try that tomorrow instead of charging both to the BB store card and waiting for a cancellation. I'll charge one on it and the other on the AMEX.
Do we have any idea how long this sale is going on? We wouldn’t mind ordering some more tomorrow.

I remember the last time this offer was available, there was a date posted for how long it's going to last. This time, it does not, so I'm assuming we're good to go for a few days at least.

I remember the last time this offer was available, there was a date posted for how long it's going to last. This time, it does not, so I'm assuming we're good to go for a few days at least.

I think this time around they are considering it part of their "Flash Sale" which is for 24 hours.
Here's hoping I can squeeze another one in before it expires.

Thanks to all. I was able to pick up 2 (One in my name, one in my Son's names). Unfortunately the one for my wife was cancelled. Fingers crossed the one for my other son doesn't get cancelled also. Used different payment methods for each and some were STILL cancelled. Only consistent link is my phone number on all accounts.

**Update** My other Son's was cancelled as well! At least I was able to get 2 and HOPEFULLY this will be good tomorrow for another round!

Thanks to all. I was able to pick up 2 (One in my name, one in my Son's names). Unfortunately the one for my wife was cancelled. Fingers crossed the one for my other son doesn't get cancelled also. Used different payment methods for each and some were STILL cancelled. Only consistent link is my phone number on all accounts.

**Update** My other Son's was cancelled as well! At least I was able to get 2 and HOPEFULLY this will be good tomorrow for another round!

I was only allowed to get 2 to work. The rest wouldn’t even go through.

The phone number is the killer. They can use it to look up your Best Buy reward account, so that might be causing issues. It's not the only thing though, I used a VOIP number on a 2nd account with a different Credit card and it still got cancelled.

Was able to order 2 more with the wife's account, but on my account it wouldn't let me order a 2nd for the day, it said it hit the limit. This may be because I ordered the 2nd one on my account later on when I figured out to order through another credit card so it the 2nd doesn't get canceled.

Edit: I ordered after 24 hours after my 2nd order and it went through.

Last edited:
Seems like this deal is still up today. I’m going to try for a bunch more. Fingers crossed!!

Let me just get 2 more so 4 in two days. It’s $20 savings!

Did not get them yet so let’s hope!

ETA. They arrived!

Last edited:
It's definitely a 24 hour reset per GC, with a max of 2 per day per account. Each individual GC has its own reset timer. So if you purchase one at 9:25 am and the other at 10:30am, you can purchase 1 tomorrow at 9:25, but it wont let you purchase another until 10:30.

I was able to buy a few today. Their website is saying 4 day sale so hope to get a bunch more tomorrow and Thursday!

Still there as of this AM.

How long do you think it'll be before DIS breaks Best Buy and next time around it'll be a limit of 1 per day...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter