Pat Down x 3!!!!

DH's knee often sets off the machine. He had a total knee replacement several years ago.

Once was enough!lol

After NEVER being chosen for Secondary TSA Screening,I have been told I have alerted the Machine the last 2 times leaving MCO and again leaving my home Airport yesterday.

My question is how good are the Machines if they consistenly produce so many false positives?

The Pat Downs are really something!lol
I get pulled off almost every time for an extra going over. Twice in the Toronto airport and once in Orlando airport was taken to another room. Strange in the Toronto airport the one time given the demographics that was around me at the time.

I get pulled off almost every time for an extra going over. Twice in the Toronto airport and once in Orlando airport was taken to another room. Strange in the Toronto airport the one time given the demographics that was around me at the time.
What do you mean by the bolded?

DH's knee often sets off the machine. He had a total knee replacement several years ago.
My mom got a letter from her doctor when she had her double knee surgery in 2019. It's mainly for metal detectors of course but she'd be carrying with her for travel period as advised by her doctor. Did your husband get a letter? As far as I understand it she was advised to let the TSA agents know about her knee replacement in advance of going through the machine so they can opt for the best course of action then if it's to let her go through the body scanner machine without further issues or if they would still like to do a closer inspection. She hasn't flown since she got them (covid and all) but that's what her doctor advised her to do.

My mom got a letter from her doctor when she had her double knee surgery in 2019. It's mainly for metal detectors of course but she'd be carrying with her for travel period as advised by her doctor. Did your husband get a letter? As far as I understand it she was advised to let the TSA agents know about her knee replacement in advance of going through the machine so they can opt for the best course of action then if it's to let her go through the body scanner machine without further issues or if they would still like to do a closer inspection. She hasn't flown since she got them (covid and all) but that's what her doctor advised her to do.

DH had both knees replaced years ago. He just lets the TSA agent know he has bionic knees and they give him the magic wand treatment. A letter from a doctor is useless -- too easy to fake, and TSA can't demand a letter because of HIPPA.

DH had both knees replaced years ago. He just lets the TSA agent know he has bionic knees and they give him the magic wand treatment. A letter from a doctor is useless -- too easy to fake, and TSA can't demand a letter because of HIPPA.
I'm sure my mom can just tell them and they'll accept it. All I asked is if they gave her husband a letter like they did for my mom. A letter isn't useless but thanks..

What is HIPPA?

He got one but it's pointless. He usually just tells them about his knee after it beeps. They wand him and away we go.

It seems like most the times I go through the scanners I get a quick check. Not a full pat down but they always check near my knee. I’m younger and haven’t had any surgeries or anything. Only thing we can figure out is i have varicose veins and there are a couple that stick out and that must show on the scan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter