Passport Valid ?

Lucys dad

Mouseketeer
We are due to visit WDW on 29th September to 13th October this year. Still slightly hopefully it will go ahead. However, ive just realised my sons passport expires on 22nd Feb 2022. I seem to recall it has to be valid for 6 months from the date you leave the US. I have had a look to double check but cant seem to find a definitive answer. I have read that it only has to be valid for the duration of a visit. Is that correct ? I am sure there was a 6 months thing a few years ago; unless something has changed.

Many thanks

Rather than sweat it, renew it. Yes, you'll lose a year or so but at £85 for 10 years that's less than a tenner's worth.
You can eat one less Disney snack to make up for it. (Double health benefit - less stress, less calories :) )

Heres what I found

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements
Passport validity
Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. You don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.

Thats for entering the US

I can't see anything that relates to UK that is official, some say 6 months the majority says as long as its valid.

Sorry not definitive

Hi,

Also the passport validity is longer than the 90 days allowed with the Visa Waiver programme. I once entered the US for a weekend with a passport due to expire in 3 months with no problems. Did mention to the immigration officer that a new passport would be applied for after getting back to the uk. No problems

Heres what I found

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements
Passport validity
Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. You don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.

Thats for entering the US

I can't see anything that relates to UK that is official, some say 6 months the majority says as long as its valid.

Sorry not definitive

Yeah thats what I found as well. 👍

I am sure it used to be a minimum 6 months, maybe I made that up !! Will probably renew anyway for peace of mind but was curious what the official stance is

Thanks

So although it has changed, yesterday when I booked my WDW stay I was specifically told I needed 6 months left on my passport to visit. I would personally just renew early just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter