Passport timeline

Yup still says processing. But being a card only they may not update it. At least when I applied in Jan card status never updated
I'd suggest a phone might help. But they are still within the time limitations, right? I believe it's 6-8 weeks.

We had a Passport surprise when we were flying to Germany earlier this year. We found out just before we were about to fly, that our passports need to be a least 90 days valid. Ours were 84 days.

Well, we heading into NYC to the passport office, arriving at 5:50am to be first in line. We were flying out that night. Doors open at 7:30am and after waiting longer than expected, we walked out at 12:45pm with 3 brand new passports.

It was an agonizing experience but we made it to Heidelberg, where my son was studying abroad.

I found out that if you need a new passport within a few weeks you could get an appointment and they would have it ready within a week or sooner.

You need to arrive by 7:30am to get it in a day, with proof of your flight. This was on a Friday and folks with flights from that day till Monday were trying to get theirs in a day.

I am glad to have that opportunity to be able to get it in a day. Now no worries for 10 years.

We just received our new ones yesterday. It took about 5 weeks. You may want to call - my husbands and daughters were showing up as being processed and mine was not showing up at all. I called 2 weeks in and the gentleman was very helpful. He found it and corrected something on his end so mine showed up online. You can also sign up for status updates online. They sent an email to say they were being mailed and when we should expect them.

Update::: passport card has been mail according to passport status checker. Says arrive by the 14th would be 5 weeks 5 day turn around.

For giggles I looked at the passport status today. It now has a different date of 7/16/19. Yesterday it said that it was mailed,today it in final processing stage. Typical government lol can’t make up there mind

We had a Passport surprise when we were flying to Germany earlier this year. We found out just before we were about to fly, that our passports need to be a least 90 days valid. Ours were 84 days.

Well, we heading into NYC to the passport office, arriving at 5:50am to be first in line. We were flying out that night. Doors open at 7:30am and after waiting longer than expected, we walked out at 12:45pm with 3 brand new passports.

It was an agonizing experience but we made it to Heidelberg, where my son was studying abroad.

I found out that if you need a new passport within a few weeks you could get an appointment and they would have it ready within a week or sooner.

You need to arrive by 7:30am to get it in a day, with proof of your flight. This was on a Friday and folks with flights from that day till Monday were trying to get theirs in a day.

I am glad to have that opportunity to be able to get it in a day. Now no worries for 10 years.

Not sure how that story helps the OP, but glad you got your passport. Yes, a lot if not most require 90 days

Did you expedite it by chance? My turnaround for the was just over two weeks...received it last week. If not, September seems pretty safe. Will think good thoughts for you...

Here’s another, what can go wrong. When my daughter did new passports for the granddaughters, one got sent back about 4 weeks later, because she had some red eye in the picture. She had to get her picture redone at CVS again, but we detected more red eye, so CVS kept trying until we got a good one, plus she was refunded for the first picture. My GD has bright blue eyes, so watch those pictures. Luckily, she was able to send the picture to a person by mail and it all worked out.

Just a note to others that this may not be possible in their city... I would need to drive to Seattle from Portland if I was in this tight of a pinch!

FYI for passport photos....if you are a AAA member they will take passport photos for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter