Passport Storage Land & Sea

DJP1201

Mouseketeer
We're doing land and sea in December. Are the safes in the room a good place to store our passports? I don't want to have to carry our passports all over the parks with us. Please share your experiences and how you deal with this on your vacations.

Thanks!

If you're thinking of having adult beverages, FL apparently requires the passport for ID for international guests. Not your local driving license.

If you aren't doing anything that might have your ID checked, the room safe is fine.

I personally don't really understand the concern. When in a foreign country I carry my passport. Just seems prudent. (And I know the counter arguments...just my opinion)

We're doing land and sea in December.

Are you doing one of the cruises with a scheduled port stop at WDW? I believe I read on another thread (one of the threads about the NYC cruises to WDW) that Passports were required to go through Customs when leaving the ship for the excursion to WDW.

If you are doing separate cruise and a separate WDW vacation, there should be a safe in your WDW resort room where you can store your Passport. As PP mentions, I have seen reports of a Passport required as ID to order adult beverages on land; whether that is very common or an occasional odd situation, I don't know.

Enjoy your cruise!

We just did the 7 night Bahamas/WDW cruise out of NYC. Other than the WDW day we kept our Passports in the cabin safe. You create a pin number and only you can get in the safe (well I guess maintenance could technically) but it should be safe in the safe!!!

On WDW day we had to have out passports with us as we did go through immigration when we left the ship. I just kept the passports in my crossbody bag. Once back on the ship I put them back in the cabin safe.

Also, on my WDW only trips I do usually have my passports as I like to use them as ID for flying (even though we are from NY). On those trips I keep the passports in the WDW room safe.

MJ

We've always kept our passports in the room safe in both the WDW hotels and the ship and never had any issues with them being safe there.

For our 8 DCL cruises we have always taken our passports and one credit card with us off the ship in case we miss the boat, even with a DCL excursion. I carry these valuables in a money belt under my shirt. Got pickpocketed in Barcelona last year, but they only got some spare $$, nothing dramatic.

We're doing land and sea in December. Are the safes in the room a good place to store our passports? I don't want to have to carry our passports all over the parks with us. Please share your experiences and how you deal with this on your vacations.

Thanks!
I'll answer your question. Yes.

We always store our passports in the safe in both WDW and on DCL cruises. I took a picture of my passport in case I needed to use it for ID in WDW, although I wasn't sure if they'd accept it. I've never been asked for ID there since I was 24 (I think I probably look my age now). I know that by law they're supposed to ask every time so that it's non-discriminatory, but let's face it, I don't look anything like 21 or under and they have a business to run and it's not terribly practical to have to do that. So chances are, if you look like you're over 30-ish, you probably won't get asked and you might be able to use a scanned/photographed passport on your phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter