Passive-aggressive guests

I got on the phone with Disney Dining last night and unfortunately couldn't get some of the reservations that my sons and I wanted (because I waited too long waiting for my friend and her family to make decisions) but in the end, we've got a good plan. Only one with the whole group; luckily 9 days away I got a table for 12 at Boma's for 6:45. The rest of the trip I book tables for 5 for just my family.

We're even eating at California Grill on Thursday evening. It's going to be great. :rotfl:

It's nice to know I'm not alone with my inner tour guide stress. Sounds like I've got it better than some. A group of three is easier to cope with than a group of 12 or so!! Yikes!! I know what you mean about the eye-rolling. I know that's what they're doing as we talk/e-mail.

That said, I'll make some ressies tonight and let them "unmake" them when we get there. Thanks for all you help and for letting me know I'm not alone. :headache:

Bottom line: We'll go, we'll have fun. I love Mickey Bars so even if that's all we end up eating, I'll be OK.

Kat

Its so hard..especially when all of us like to plan way ahead...make ressies as soon as possible, and have everything secured months before we arrive. But some people just do not operate like that. I agree with everyone else...go ahead and make plans. When you girls get there, you can always change. But, atleast you will have a plan.

Well, I'm going to play devil's advocate a bit here. Even though I love to come on the DIS and dream about where we'll eat, I'm still not much of a dining planner. DH and I will make a list of places we want to be sure to catch, I'll make ADR's and then we play the rest by ear. Even when we make the plans, we sometimes end up changing them. Does that make me hard to deal with? Well, I hope not! Plus, my stomach tends to do funny things to me in Florida, and I have to roll with the punches.

And, just always remember, if people haven't been to WDW before, they're not going to understand the issues with getting into restaurants at peak times - especially with a large party. You don't get it until you've lived it. Ya' know?

One last thing, maybe try to give a comparison to a busy restaurant in your area, except go a step further and tell them that you might not be able to even get in (let alone wait 1 - 1.5 hours). I know that if someone were to use that with me, I'd probably understand a bit more.

Even with DDE's discount, one of my DGF's spent most of our "all together" lunch at the Brown Derby complaining about prices. Not only brochures, talk about prices as well. We're all friends but differernt budgets, something I didn't really think about before the trip...the different budgets and touring styles made that my most stressful WDW trip ever! I think that TS lunches on any given day, in the park you are in, may be your best bet.
rwc

This is our 3rd all girls trip we will be going on in April. Since we all get along and there are no probems 99% of the time, we set some rules.

1. We are all on vacation to have fun and to relax.
2. We are going for 5 days. The plan is this. Day One, by the pool
3. Day 2, Parks in the morning/afternoon for whoever wants to go.
4. Day 3, by the pool
5. Day 4, parks again for whoever wants to go again
6. Day 5 - Chef Mickey's and DTD before heading home

I have an AP but everyone else will be getting a 2 day hopper.

We make it known that if someone wants to do one thing and others want to do something else, no hard feelings. We are all there to have fun. We all go to dinner together and out all together after that. It all works out and there is no drama. If you have to have drama, stay home. The first year, one in our group brought drama, last year she did the same thing on our cruise. This year, she wasn't invited. When you spend alot of $$ for vacation, no one needs the aggravation. You have to set the ground rules up front. Another thing - when going out, we split the bills by the # of people in our party. This will save you alot of stress.

GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup2 party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter