Passenger numbers

pogmog

Mouseketeer
Have passenger numbers/percentages increased on ships this first week of October? Any news from cast members if totals onboard are on the rise or still holding at lower percentages?

I sail tomorrow on the Dream but I’m also in the social media group for the sailing before mine that left Friday. They were all reporting anywhere from 1900-2100 passengers on board, so a significant increase. We’re now anticipating ours tomorrow will be similar.

Many schools have fall break this weekend so I’m not surprised at higher numbers onboard. It may dip again this coming week. Onboard numbers were higher in August than most of September. I think right now it is more about demand than capacity limitations.

Yep and govt workers (and others) have columbus/indigenous people’s day (monday) off so this was certain to be a busy weekend for travel.

It’s also Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday so those who are comfortable flying to the US from North of the border have a long weekend this weekend as well.

Was told by Dream cast member last week that we were at 35% (and that's what they had been sailing at). The CM also mentioned the Dream would be increased to 50% after our sailing (starting 10/8).

There are lots of Disney CM's cruising these days. Disney has been offering Cast discounts for pretty much all the remaining sailings this year.

We just got off the Wonder 4N/3N out of San Diego. These were the first revenue cruises from San Diego. The original 7N was split into a 4N and a 3N, and most people selected the 4N as their replacement. Keeping that in mind, the 4N had ~1200 passengers, the 3N had 400. The following cruise was expected to have under 1000, I believe.

I just got off the Dream and can confirm there were about 2,000 people. It was full enough me. I was glad there weren’t more people on the ship. I know that some of the activities such as bingo were at capacity during the cruise. During the sea day we had a hard time finding a place to eat on deck because every other table was blocked off. With that being said we still had a fun time!

I just got off the Dream and can confirm there were about 2,000 people. It was full enough me. I was glad there weren’t more people on the ship. I know that some of the activities such as bingo were at capacity during the cruise. During the sea day we had a hard time finding a place to eat on deck because every other table was blocked off. With that being said we still had a fun time!

That's what i'm worried about. We sailed the Dream 9/20 and the Fantasy 9/25 with 1100 guests and I felt very safe. Lots of social distancing, not many lines, it was great. We are sailing Christmas/New Year on the Fantasy and with increasing numbers, I'm getting a little uneasy at their ability to maintain the same level of safety.

I’m looking to book 11/1 and I don’t think they can maintain the protocols and increase capacity to 2000 passengers. There will be crowds and waiting due to the protocols. For example, where will you eat on deck with every other table closed? The pools were already at capacity with a line to get in with 1400 passengers.

Oh, I really hope our holiday cruise in December is at a lower capacity! This is my first cruise, so it'd be nice to have it not be full or crowded...

Oh, I really hope our holiday cruise in December is at a lower capacity! This is my first cruise, so it'd be nice to have it not be full or crowded...
If vaccines are available for kids by the holidays, I doubt they will reduce capacity. Look at what happened at Disney World.

Unlike theme parks, the ships even at full capacity never feels too crowded. It was mostly the deck parties that had a large crowd in one place and they have changed to limit that.

Unless as they start ignoring CDC, it's impossible for them to seat 80% capacity in their restaurants and theater with social distancing.
Many disney world restaurants have given up on social distancing indoors. The back of my chair was literally touching the back of the chair of the guest behind me at two disney restaurants on our August trip

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned, but I just got off the Wonder on Monday, and they were literally taking off the elevator placards limiting it to one party on Day 2. So, they’re definitely evaluating and adjusting social distancing rules as needed. I wouldn’t be surprised if they started to relax more on other stuff.

Many disney world restaurants have given up on social distancing indoors. The back of my chair was literally touching the back of the chair of the guest behind me at two disney restaurants on our August trip

Sure, but the CDC rules for cruises are different from the CDC rules for everywhere else. The cruise rules are still behind by a number of months. Currently, DCL seems to be following all of the CDC rules on their ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter