Passenger numbers

Sure, but the CDC rules for cruises are different from the CDC rules for everywhere else. The cruise rules are still behind by a number of months. Currently, DCL seems to be following all of the CDC rules on their ships.
Sure, but the CDC rules for cruises are different from the CDC rules for everywhere else. The cruise rules are still behind by a number of months. Currently, DCL seems to be following all of the CDC rules on their ships.
To quote Hector Barbossa, those are "more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules" pirate:

To quote Hector Barbossa, those are "more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules" pirate:

Well, sort of. The CDC still has to approve the ship to sail, so violating too many "guidelines" is likely to result in a red rating and a halt to sailing.

Well, sort of. The CDC still has to approve the ship to sail, so violating too many "guidelines" is likely to result in a red rating and a halt to sailing.
I thought the preliminary injunction preventing the CDC from enforcing that was still in place, but been a while since I followed the court case. I'll stand corrected if that was overturned.

I thought the preliminary injunction preventing the CDC from enforcing that was still in place, but been a while since I followed the court case. I'll stand corrected if that was overturned.

You might be right. I stopped following it, too, since cruises are happening and so I don't have to care about the legal side much anymore! I know that the CDC is still doing the colors, though. Dream turned yellow last month and the CDC started an investigation. And Disney still did the CDC practice cruise for the Wonder and they're doing it for the Magic. So, I think DCL is still trying to follow the CDC's rules/guidelines, even if they don't legally have to.

You might be right. I stopped following it, too, since cruises are happening and so I don't have to care about the legal side much anymore! I know that the CDC is still doing the colors, though. Dream turned yellow last month and the CDC started an investigation. And Disney still did the CDC practice cruise for the Wonder and they're doing it for the Magic. So, I think DCL is still trying to follow the CDC's rules/guidelines, even if they don't legally have to.
All the cruise lines are still following the CDC guidelines "voluntarily"

I hope they go back to 100% capacity before our cruise in February, just feels so much more normal and fun seeing crowds. Seeing a lack of people and social distancing guidelines around me does not seem like a relaxing vacation.

I hope they go back to 100% capacity before our cruise in February, just feels so much more normal and fun seeing crowds. Seeing a lack of people and social distancing guidelines around me does not seem like a relaxing vacation.
Have you actually been on a 100% capacity ship? I haven't, I think max 90%, and that was crowded! People soup in the pools, no tables available at Cabanas, lines to get into restaurants. No thanks! I try to cruise off-season as much as possible and loved our Dream cruise last month and our WBPC cruise 2020 when many had people canceled due to Covid.

Hoping to book 11/1 but I want to see what the weekday cruise capacity had been first. I get the weekend cruises are going to be a higher capacity bc of school and work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter