Passenger counts this week?

How do they expect to get back to 100% percent capacity with all the restrictions? It’s not like the cruises before that are showing sold out. The are all discounted. They wont get back to 100% until they drop all the Covid “nonsense” or cut their prices 60%.
Yes, not sure how exactly but he was very specific about that date and capacity. They may be planning to relax restrictions. On our cruise they allowed maskless indoor photos with the cruise photographers/backdrops. I’m guessing mask mandates will go away soon.

I've seen some complain about the prices... Have you priced out a visit to Walt Disney World recently? Now compared to some of the deals that other Cruise Lines are offering, Disney is still the premium, but it's always been that way. Always been a matter of do YOU value what they offer.

In he end Disney has to meet the requirements of the ports it visits - I don't think we will see vaccine requirements or testing, going away. Disney could relax some onboard requirements, and I expect they soon will. But I expect some requirements are going to be here to stay...

My TA told me they need 1/3 of the ship full to break even, everything after that is profit. So they are still making a profit with the ship even half full. With that being said, I would rather sail with 100 percent capacity than half capacity and masks and testing.

I've seen some complain about the prices... Have you priced out a visit to Walt Disney World recently? Now compared to some of the deals that other Cruise Lines are offering, Disney is still the premium, but it's always been that way. Always been a matter of do YOU value what they offer.

In he end Disney has to meet the requirements of the ports it visits - I don't think we will see vaccine requirements or testing, going away. Disney could relax some onboard requirements, and I expect they soon will. But I expect some requirements are going to be here to stay...
Every day you see states and countries dropping vaccine mandates and testing requirements. At some point.... my guess is by Summer it will make very little sense for the cruise lines to continue this. Cruiselines are not profitable yet. Many of them state they plan on being profitable by the second half of 2022. Now they have to deal with rising fuel, food, and supply costs. They are going to need full ships to be profitable. It still may not be possible. With everything going on in the world I expect to see travel demand wan.

WDW prices are insane. We're going in May, but I rented points for the first time. It saved me about 50% off the room price. It will probably be our last trip for a while. From what I've read on this forum WDW is packed. Why wouldn't it be it's a place that's safe and doesn't require a vaccine, covid test, or a mask.

Every day you see states and countries dropping vaccine mandates and testing requirements. At some point.... my guess is by Summer it will make very little sense for the cruise lines to continue this.
We can only hope. No one has a crystal ball. There could be more variants or this could be the end for good. Time will tell.

My TA told me they need 1/3 of the ship full to break even, everything after that is profit. So they are still making a profit with the ship even half full. With that being said, I would rather sail with 100 percent capacity than half capacity and masks and testing.
Thanks for sharing this. I’ve been so curious if DCL is profitable at 50%.

Every day you see states and countries dropping vaccine mandates and testing requirements. At some point.... my guess is by Summer it will make very little sense for the cruise lines to continue this. Cruiselines are not profitable yet. Many of them state they plan on being profitable by the second half of 2022. Now they have to deal with rising fuel, food, and supply costs. They are going to need full ships to be profitable. It still may not be possible. With everything going on in the world I expect to see travel demand wan.

WDW prices are insane. We're going in May, but I rented points for the first time. It saved me about 50% off the room price. It will probably be our last trip for a while. From what I've read on this forum WDW is packed. Why wouldn't it be it's a place that's safe and doesn't require a vaccine, covid test, or a mask.

What matters is what are the requirements for the PORTS that the lines want to visit. If The Bahamas requires vaccination, then so will the Cruise Lines that stop there...

In regard to ship load. When I look at my upcoming March 5 Disney Magic cruise, there are very little cabins left. Nothing in inside, ocean view or Concierge. Only a few Verandah rooms. Does this mean they have sold out or they have reached some limited capacity for those types of staterooms?

In regard to ship load. When I look at my upcoming March 5 Disney Magic cruise, there are very little cabins left. Nothing in inside, ocean view or Concierge. Only a few Verandah rooms. Does this mean they have sold out or they have reached some limited capacity for those types of staterooms?

Hard to say. March tends to be a busier season because of spring breaks. But, the reservation website has always been weird. Sometimes, you'll see tons of rooms on one side of a deck, but none on the other. Wait a few days and suddenly the blocks of available rooms completely change and now the other side is available. Sometimes, whole categories disappear and then reappear later. I guess that could be due to cancelations, but more likely it's Disney trying to be clever and sell certain rooms to make more money, balance lifeboards, or something else. You see the same kind of silliness with WDW hotel reservations.

Are a of cats GTY?

I work in a hospital (radiology) and nothing has lifted for us except they aren't really enforcing the face shield rule. The rule hasn't changed, and some techs still wear one.

I work in a hospital (radiology) and nothing has lifted for us except they aren't really enforcing the face shield rule. The rule hasn't changed, and some techs still wear one.
I'm in California and while many restrictions were lifted 8 days ago, and more yesterday, but they remain in place in hospitals, nursing homes, and medical offices.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter