• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Party of 6??

charm73

Mouseketeer
First off, I have been lurking for quite a while and want to thank you all for the fountain of knowledge that you are.

My question is this.... Why is it that a party of 6 or more has to pay a mandatory 18% tip on all table service meals? That kind of eliminates any savings we may see on the DDP.

I believe that tipping should be earned. At the least, I always tip 10% and the rest is earned based on food and service.

Welcome to the Dis! So glad you found us:cheer2:

It used to be parties of 8 or more had the automatic gratuity. It has been reported that the new server's contract has changed to be parties of 6 or more.

SInce the standard for tipping is 15%, this is 3% more. Tipping is a vry hotly debated topic on this board. Let's not carried away on the tipping amounts, ok everyone?

thanks,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter