Party of 2 x 2?

GlendaO

DIS Veteran
Hi All,
I switched a reservation yesterday and the CM said no problem to make it dinner instead. Then when she read it back, she said it was a reservation for two Parties of two and when we got there, to tell them we needed to be seated together. It's me, DH, and DDs, 7 & 8. She said this is no problem but I'm wondering if anyone else has ever done this and how much of an issue this is.:confused:
Thanks, Glenda

What time is your ADR for? Anytime I've made ressies that require multiple tables I've been told I needed my ADR time to be within the first 20 minutes or the last 20 minutes of the serving time in order for them to assure that we would sit together. For dinner that would be as early as 3pm. Beyond that they could make no guarantees.

I don't have personal experience with this, and I can't really tell why the CM would do it that way. The only reason I can come up with is that the restaurant is booked other than for parties of 2, and this is not a good sign if you are depending on being seated together. I would call back and speak to another CM to see if they can arrange something different. Good luck!

CM's are not supposed to do this anymore. It was happening a lot with dining and the restaurants were getting upset. They sent out a memo to stop doing it. :confused3

I've sometimes had a larger party split into two tables, but it's always on one reservation. For example, a reservation for 7 at two tables. Did they give you one confirmation number or two? FWIW, every time we've had two tables we've been seated together. Even when we were a party of 16 and had three or even four tables reserved, when we got there the tables were either pushed together or right next to each other. WDW will do whatever they can to keep your party together. Sometimes you will have to wait a little longer to be seated though.

I thought that if they were splitting your party up than there was the chance you would not end up together.

This happened to us earlier this month where we had 2 reservations for 2. We were still considered a party of four and were given one confirmation number. We had no problems being seated together.

I thought that if they were splitting your party up than there was the chance you would not end up together.

There is always a chance, but they try very hard to make sure you get to sit together. From what I've heard, the most common place to get split up is at Sci-Fi Dine-In due to the nature of the seating.

Our reservation is for 7:30pm so it's not an early or a late one. She gave me one reservation number. This was because I called to see if I could switch our lunch to dinner. I was told , No problem, will 7:30 work?
I'm really hoping this won't be a hassle that night. I can't see splitting up.

There is always a chance, but they try very hard to make sure you get to sit together. From what I've heard, the most common place to get split up is at Sci-Fi Dine-In due to the nature of the seating.

Sci-Fi has the front seat and back seat at the same table right? So that's sort of at the same table to me. I just wouldn't want two of us at one table and the other two on the other side of restaurant.:sad1:

Sci-Fi has the front seat and back seat at the same table right? So that's sort of at the same table to me. I just wouldn't want two of us at one table and the other two on the other side of restaurant.:sad1:

Yes, that's right. I was referring more to larger parties, if there are more than four of you then they can't guarantee you'll be able to sit near each other. I'm not sure why the CM would have put you at two tables, or why she worded it the way she did. Usually they will clearly state "you will be at two tables, is that ok?" Maybe you should call back just to confirm the ADR and ask about the 2 x 2 thing. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts