• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Partial Ocean view vs. Studio

Raya

DIS Veteran
We're two adults going for a week long stay. It looks like the price is the same for a Partial Oceanview room and a studio. I see that there's a toaster and plates included in the studio, but nothing to cook with (no stove, microwave, etc.). Is there a good reason to choose either one?

Partial Oceanview is a room view and a studio is a room type. I'm not sure I follow what you're asking. Do you mean the price is the same for a partial oceanview room and a standard studio?

FWIW, a studio - regardless of the view - is slightly smaller than Aulani's standard hotel room. It has a kitchenette which does include a microwave, mini fridge, and small sink. It does not have a stove/oven or freezer. If you're considering a 1BR or 2BR also, then those villas have full kitchens with full size fridge/freezer combo, stove/oven range, dishwasher, as well as in-room laundry. We stayed in a studio as two adults and did not plan on doing any cooking, so the kitchenette was fine for us. Whether its doable depends on the extent of the meals you plan to make and how long you're staying, IMO.

As far as view, we only concern ourselves with that if we know we plan to spend time on the balcony. Partial OV may mean you have to look out and to the right or left to see the ocean.

Last edited:
Many, but not all, of the island garden view studio rooms on the higher floors have a partial or full ocean view as well as the microwave, toaster, etc.

I'd pick the island garden view studio and take my chances because leftover Ulu's Cafe pizza makes an awesome breakfast.

There's a sticky thread at the top of the forum that shows different views from different room types.

Depends on when you book, but island view studios go fast. You may have to book ahead of the 7 month window or be willing to put in more points for a 1-bed island view. We personally prefer ocean view studios. I have to admit it is tight for a family of 4, but if that means we get to spend twice the number of nights, we try to manage. Suitcases can be put under the bed. Annoying part is to make the sofa bed every night. We do like sitting out and having a cup of coffee watching the ocean and pool. I am sure island view is also great, but I don’t think there is a huge point difference between a pool view and ocean view. I think it comes down to preference.

We had a partial ocean view for our hotel room, and it was mostly a full view of the Four Seasons parking structure. 😕 😂
You can YouTube people’s views to see how good it is.

Only standard rooms come in the category of partial ocean view. If someone books an island garden view deluxe studio, it is possible to get a partial view of the ocean in the Ewa Tower overlooking the Halawai Lawn. (Both deluxe studios and standard rooms can be booked in these view categories - standard, island gardens, poolside gardens and ocean.)

The hotel rooms has two queen beds, while the studio has one queen) and one pull out couch. If you're sharing a bed anyway, the studio couch is much nicer and makes the room feel more open than a second bed.

The studios have a microwave, toaster, and separate sink, while the hotel rooms do not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter