Parsailing on Castaway - PLEASE CONVINCE ME IT'S OKAY!!!!

December99

<font color=orange>WDW Antenna Topper Queen</font>
I'm a height chicken and dd wants to parasail and I really am thinking I want to do this with her - she loves to do things together and she'd love if we did this together.

I need to know from some people that have done it - that it's not really that bad and the height isn't really that high. If there are people that have done and thought they never would - your opinions will mean a lot to me as that's how I am - this is something I've always thought about doing but just don't know if I can and if I don't will I regret it!!!!!

Thanks

It's ok ... :) :)

My DW never thought she'd do it, and she loved it! She was ready to go right back up again afterwards!

I don't want to lie to you and say that it isn't high... you're up there pretty good!! But the view is breathtaking, and seeing the ship from that vantage point is amazing. It is SO quiet and serene up there - you can't even hear the boat engine. If heights really bother you, you might feel a little weird for a second or two, but if you relax and let yourself take it all in, you'll be fine and you won't regret it. Just keep reminding yourself that hundreds of people do it all the time, and it is very safe.

Go For It !!!!

'Beano':cool:

It really is so relaxing up there. My DW and I did it last fall and I would agree that the view is breathtaking. I would definitely recommend it. You'll have a great time.

Do it!! We did it on one of our vacations down in the Keys and the view was breathtaking!! Plus it's always cool to be able to add it to your list of things you've done!!!

YES, you have to give it a try!!!!!

My husband and I were just on the May 3rd cruise and thought that experience was the best yet. We went tandam and I felt we didn't get as high up as the rest that went solo. So next time I'm going up solo!

Once you have started to rise it feels like you are floating. I didn't feel even once like I wasn't secure and I had no fear of dropping. It is the most peaceful thing to do and the view is wonderful.

Put all your fears aside and give it a try. I promise you, you'll want to do it again once your done.

Hi SCDuckman!

I would agree that you will probably be ok. my friend Pat is very scared of heights, and was nervous about doing this excursion. Of course we made her go up first so she didn't have time to get too worked up, and she said it was just awesome!

I am a height chicken and a water chicken, but I went para sailing with my DH. The onlu thing I regret is the ride is not long enough and it didnt go HIGH enough for me.
it feels like you are floating.
You are totally secure as, they wrap a harness around you. i hold on to the cables, but it is still wonderful.

My son wants to d o this also, in tandem. Uhmmm, I m a Pooh sized girl, and he is a lil pipsqueak, will this prevent us from being able to do this together?

I am not great with heights but I LOVED parasailing!! I did it in Wildwood NJ and went up with my godson and we both loved it....only thing that was bad for me (and this is just me...) was that I got seasick on the boat and since we were the last ones up I almost vomited in the air LOL....but now I know to be sure to take my bonine before going up again but it really was great fun! They slowed the boat down and dipped up into the water and brought us back up in the air again.

word of advice..........take along 2 disposable cameras for this event, should you choose to do it. Ask a kind soul to take pics of you as you ascend, fly, and descend....and take the second one up with you to take pics of the beauty you see! It will be a memory you will never forget!

I have always wanted to parasail. I read somewhere online that you shouldn't go over 600 feet. When I read, that at CC you go up between 600-1000 ft. it scared me off, not for height but for safety reasons. On the other hand, I say would Disney go that high if it was dangerous.

I really want to do this but am real chicken, and can you take an 8 yr old with you if you go tandem? Would we parasail crooked because of the weight difference? Who has parasailed with a child.

Thanks
Joanna

You would not be crooked...I outweighed the little boy I took by almost 150 pounds and we were just fine

One thing we learned was we took 2 desposable cameras with us. But only used one (someone on the boat took pictures of us on the way up) and then we used our good camera for when we were up there (it has a strap on it and it made it easier to hold onto it. Some people even had a strap to go around their neck....sooooo smart)

Also when you go tandam when parasailing at Castaway Cay, they have the heavier one in the back and the smaller one in the front of that person. So it is not side to side, so it doesn't need to balance out.

Great pics. Made we want to do it till I saw how little the boat was from up there. Maybe I'll get the courage from now till March.

Joanna

Although I didn't parasail in C.C. (hope to do that next May), I did parasail in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico and loved it! I am not particularly adventurous and am always worried about the "what ifs." DH encourages me to try new things and I am glad he talked me into it. It was amazing -- I was nervous as I began ascending, but once I was all the way up, I truly felt like I was floating. It was amazing and I felt very secure.

Good luck!

On our honeymoon to Jamaica I parasailed and it was the most breathtaking experience in my life. Besides, you will be safe. My boat crew decided to "light up" some "funny stuff" after I got in the air. DH about fainted. At least you will have a professional crew manning your boat!!!!!:smooth:

I'm a project adventure facilitator and yesterday jumped off a perfectly good pole for fun...I was in a full body harness about 20 feel up...

ALL of you safety equipment will be checked, double checked and checked again...Remember that the challenge you accept is by your choice and from experience is a great choice to make-the adreneline rush that follows is AMAZING!!! (yesterday I couldn't walk for at least an hour after!)

You only live once! I encourage (and challenge) you to take the challenge-you'll be glad you did!!!

This might seem like a dumb question to some but I have to ask - if you are "pooh" sized - can you still do this???? I'm not HUGE but I'm not small either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter