Parks/Icons ~ 2" Words & 4" Altered Letters Swap COMPLETED

I revised my description for the 2 inch letters. Thanks girls! I took out the part about the embellishments hanging off the sides...I don't think it'll be a problem and I don't want to stiffle creativity. Is this better or do you think I need to re-write it further?

I think its fine! everyone just needs to be aware of the spacing and keep their embellishments skinny too!! and that the words might be spread out over both pages.

I'm ready, figured out what groups I want....popcorn:: until next Friday!

I think if you include Hope's paragraph about the width of the letters it will help.

I didn't include any guidance in the directions for the holiday and some of the letters are pushing it. However, they are fabulous.

Revised again:

***IMPORTANT NOTE*** For Longer titles, please TRY to choose a font that is NOT WIDE. The Mickey Font Cricut Cartridge is a wider font for example. Width is a tough one, because the fewer letters are in a word, the wider we can go. Make your individual letters with the assumption that the longer completed words would expand across a 2 page layout. Sometimes you end up with words on both the top and the bottom of a layout. Take the word "Frontierland" for example. That is 12 letters, in order to fit across a two-page layout, the letters need to be a smaller width than 2” (24”/12 letters minus a little so there can be a gap between letters when they are laid out). But with the words "Magic Kingdom", you could theoretically put “Magic” at the top of a layout, and "Kingdom" at the bottom, so you can go wider with your letters. Just be mindful of how the word will fit on a page. Basically, this means that not everyone can use a wide font like the Mickey font, with a large single word. Keep in mind also that we may need to overlap letters slightly for titles with even longer words like "Adventureland" (13 letters) so embellish them accordingly. Shorter words like "Africa" for example are not an issue--it's just the longer single words that get tricky. If you are unclear on this or have questions, please ask me.

Is this better? I appreciate all your help ladies!

I also added links to past swaps with photo examples of the completed titles made using 2 inch letters and also photo examples of the 4 inch letters.

The wording sounds good to me, I can't wait for the sign ups. DH and the kids are starting to get used to scrapping stuff everywhere!!:rotfl2:

The wording sounds good to me, I can't wait for the sign ups. DH and the kids are starting to get used to scrapping stuff everywhere!!:rotfl2:

Megan too, she askes "what swap now mom!" but they're so much fun to do!!!

I hope so, so far I have meetings every night but Friday next week! I hope they are planning on giving me a break.

I am soooo tempted to join. I told myself no more swaps until I start to make progress on my pages - but I love the letters and make scrapping Disney pages much easier. Since we live only 2 hours away - I take a lot of those....

What am I saying, I will join in the fun.:cool1:

I am soooo tempted to join. I told myself no more swaps until I start to make progress on my pages - but I love the letters and make scrapping Disney pages much easier. Since we live only 2 hours away - I take a lot of those....

What am I saying, I will join in the fun.:cool1:

Hooray! So glad you're going to join us. I think the letters go really fast! I am so good about using scraps for the letters too. Love that!:cheer2:

Are you using this thread for sign ups tomorrow or should I look for a new one? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter