Parking Increase to $20 on 10/4 CONFIRMED

Hmmm...when the program...sorry "straight up timeshare" started...they'd Be welcoming whether you paid in pennies from the 1950's...
But now?

They don't really want - one would reasonably conclude - the financed members as they do the cash ones.
It's not universally true...but you can make a fairly accurate correlation between Capitol means and expenditures...that's also know as a "credit rating"...in other circles.

So if the bubble breaks...what happens is the DVC (like investment real estate in Florida) is their at to go and is the most painless to give up.

DVC gobbles the points back and resells them used at a
Higher rate.
But what if people can't afford it?

You swing "deals" and you have a line down the block of diehards and newbies looking to "cash in" at the new savings...which are still a higher profit than the original time on the lot...

The Dutch door swingeth.

Does everyone know that used point sell at the "current" price? They just change the narrative to sell them?

Still dont call them a timeshare though.

Yep, or they just keep the excess points and just rent cash rooms.

Either way, every month they get that much closer to paying off the oldest (not paid off yet) remodel/build-and one more month of payment on the latest remodel/build.

I'm not so sure these resorts aren't paid off in the first 5 years or so, even the cash paid portion.

Yep, or they just keep the excess points and just rent cash rooms.

Either way, every month they get that much closer to paying off the oldest (not paid off yet) remodel/build-and one more month of payment on the latest remodel/build.

I'm not so sure these resorts aren't paid off in the first 5 years or so, even the cash paid portion.

Very true...that's an option as well...

But to resell is better than the initial sell...they still have gleaned all the money out from the first part of the contract...they get new guaranteed spending...and they reap on average I would guess 1.25-1.5 the cost of the original contract.

They change the angle...when you walk In first and they want to peddle you Saratoga or phase II of say wilderness lodge...it's all about "buy here...book where ever...the sky's the limit"
That tact must be in overdrive for aulani...

But when it's used...it's "you really want that 11 month window...because beach club is packed at food and wine and the grand is at Christmas..."

I.e. The inflated price is still worth it.

It's like fishing with dynamite for fish that already would swallow a hook anyway.

Very true...that's an option as well...

But to resell is better than the initial sell...they still have gleaned all the money out from the first part of the contract...they get new guaranteed spending...and they reap on average I would guess 1.25-1.5 the cost of the original contract.

They change the angle...when you walk In first and they want to peddle you Saratoga or phase II of say wilderness lodge...it's all about "buy here...book where ever...the sky's the limit"
That tact must be in overdrive for aulani...

But when it's used...it's "you really want that 11 month window...because beach club is packed at food and wine and the grand is at Christmas..."

I.e. The inflated price is still worth it.

It's like fishing with dynamite for fish that already would swallow a hook anyway.

Good points, and they also support the too big to fail tree, or at least a very well built tree trunk at least.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter