• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at the Contemp for CM

WinterSux

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

I have a reservation at CM for 7:40am. Staying on property but not at the Contemp, I'm hoping to monorail into MK after breakfast instead of getting my car and driving and parking. Or going back to my hotel and taking the bus. Would the hotel allow that if I leave my car there for a few hours after the breakfast?

Thanks!!
Cecilia

Typically monorail resorts will provide a 3 hr parking pass for guests using their amenities. If you need longer than that, I suggest you valet.

Be aware that given the CR convention schedule & overall WDW property schedule (i.e. holiday weeks, MK party nights, run events, etc.), there are times when no one besides CR/BLT guests are allowed to park.

Hi all!

I have a reservation at CM for 7:40am. Staying on property but not at the Contemp, I'm hoping to monorail into MK after breakfast instead of getting my car and driving and parking. Or going back to my hotel and taking the bus. Would the hotel allow that if I leave my car there for a few hours after the breakfast?

Thanks!!
Cecilia

I would park at TTC like you were going to MK and monorail over to Contemporary.

Technically and ethically, if you are not staying at a resort and you drive there to eat or visit then you need to drive out when you leave the resort.

As mentioned, parking "at Magic Kingdom" and taking the monorail or walking, or leaving the car with the valet, are good alternative choices.

If you want to drive and park, the TTC is probably your best bet, but keep in mind that it will probably take you longer to get back to your resort after you leave your park then if you just take the bus back.

It all depends on where you want to invest a little more time, in the morning or coming home. If you drive, it will add to your commute back to the resort. if you bus it, it will add to your morning commute.

Personally, I prefer to add it to the morning. Don't forget either; if you bus it to MK, you don't have to take a monorail to Contemporary....there is a walkway that will lead you straight there.

(borrowing robo's map)
MK-to-Contemp-Sat-042908C-1.jpg

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Walkway-from-the-Magic-Kingdom-to-Disneys-Contemporary-Resort.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

Hi all!

Thanks!!
Cecilia

I agree with the others, if you drive park at the TTC and Monorail to the CR.
The resort parking lots simply are not big enough to accomodate resort guests as well as theme park guests. They were not designed for that. The result is that if you park there you are taking the space of a guest paying to stay at the CR. It isn't fair that they are not able to find a space to park because theme park guests are parked there.
The alternative is Valet Parking at the CR. The cost is comparable to theme park parking, plus a tip for the Valet. The Valet lot is a separate lot and it is not taking space from resort guest parking.

I agree with the others, if you drive park at the TTC and Monorail to the CR.
The resort parking lots simply are not big enough to accomodate resort guests as well as theme park guests. They were not designed for that. The result is that if you park there you are taking the space of a guest paying to stay at the CR. It isn't fair that they are not able to find a space to park because theme park guests are parked there.
The alternative is Valet Parking at the CR. The cost is comparable to theme park parking, plus a tip for the Valet. The Valet lot is a separate lot and it is not taking space from resort guest parking.

I agree that valet is another option. But OP is an on-site guest, so parking at the theme park lot (the TTC) would be free, whereas valet at CR is $15 plus tip (I think).

I vote for bus from resort to MK in the morning, then walk straight to Contemporary for breakfast, then walk to MK for the day, then bus back home.

If you have a TIW card and a reservation to eat at CM, you can valet park for free. I don't know if you will still have the 3 hour time limit though.

I would park at TTC and monorail over.

If you have a TIW card and a reservation to eat at CM, you can valet park for free. I don't know if you will still have the 3 hour time limit though.

I would park at TTC and monorail over.

You have a 3 hour time limit for your free valet parking with a TIW card- at least that is what it says- I have never tried to stay longer than that using my card.

Thanks for all the advice! I think TTC will be the way to go, I have a stroller so try to avoid buses when I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter