Parking at phila airport.

We like to drive down the night before stay at a hotel that has park and fly. Many of the places have free breakfast and a free happy hour.:woohoo: We usually go to Orlando for 9 nights and if you can find a place for $100. Sometimes I think we come out far ahead in the deal.

We used Winner 3 weeks ago and would do it again. They took us to the airport in a van as I didn't have an extra seat and did the valet service on the return trip. We called them after we got our luggage, walked outside and our car was in front of us in about 10-15 minutes. It was wonderful to just drive away from the airport in a nice warm car! We used the $6.89 coupon also.

We like to drive down the night before stay at a hotel that has park and fly. Many of the places have free breakfast and a free happy hour.:woohoo: We usually go to Orlando for 9 nights and if you can find a place for $100. Sometimes I think we come out far ahead in the deal.
Where do you usually stay? We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Essington in '06 and it was great but I'd love to know about a place that someone's stayed at more recently. Plus there's 5 of us so we need a suite I guess.:confused3

We've used Colonial Parking several times and have always had a very pleasant experience. They have a coupon on-line.

Where do you usually stay? We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Essington in '06 and it was great but I'd love to know about a place that someone's stayed at more recently. Plus there's 5 of us so we need a suite I guess.:confused3

We've stayed at the Embassy Suites at the airport once (back in 04). I was able to get a really good rate. Really good! But we arrived too late to enjoy the free happy hour, and left too early to enjoy the free breakfast. Nice, clean rooms though.

I can't help, since we have family nearby in Springfield, so we park at their house and they drive us to the airport. The cost - usually one dinner. ;)

I'm just jealous - I'm getting the urge to go to Disney again!!

Thanks everyone for this great info... we too need parking in philly for our upcoming trip and do not want to stay overnight the night before. If I'm coming down the blue rte to 95 do I want the parking that's south of the airport as it's closer??

Park south of the airport in Essington. This eliminates the phila parking authority tax, and gets you an easier trip to the airport. Park at expresspark and pay $7-8/day, as opposed to $11/day at PHL long term. Plus, you get a van from your car right to your gate, instead of dragging your bags to a bus stop and climbing on a large bus. Both lots are only minutes away, but the PHL lot takes longer to get to your gate, with less comfort( a definate consideration if traveling with children)

Park south of the airport in Essington. This eliminates the phila parking authority tax, and gets you an easier trip to the airport. Park at expresspark and pay $7-8/day, as opposed to $11/day at PHL long term. Plus, you get a van from your car right to your gate, instead of dragging your bags to a bus stop and climbing on a large bus. Both lots are only minutes away, but the PHL lot takes longer to get to your gate, with less comfort( a definate consideration if traveling with children)
Thanks!!! OT- anyone know if Southwest still offers curb-side check-in???

Yes, SW does have curbside check in at PHL. Depending on your flight time, it may not be open. My last SW flight (Feb 09), we left from the new terminal at PHL. It was a 7 am flight and curbside was open when we arrived at about 5:30 am. The security line was looooong, but we were done in about 20 minutes.

I dont feel comfortable leaving our car keys with strangers for the week.

A few years ago the news channel did a story about cars being used by workers when they are left. Now that coulda changed by now but I still dont feel 100% comfort with that.

We have used the FAsttrack on Essignton but keep the keys with us.

PS- you dont want to be at the airport at 4:30-- the checkin does not open until 5:30 with security open at 5:45.
Stores for coffee, etc dont open til 6

I know others had had good experiences with Winner but I thought you should know it's not all good. We used them for the first time in January. The girl at the front desk was extremely rude. We had to have them take us over to the airport in their van because we could not fit any more in our car. The van was filthy dirty and only had one working seat belt. We were gone for almost two weeks. When we called for the car, they told us our car was already on the way. Perfect! We took the kids out to the curb and waited. Half an hour later my husband called and they confirmed the driver hit some traffic but would be there in 10 minutes. We waited....One hour later my husband called back and they were very annoyed with us bugging them :headache: They said they would look into it.. half an hour later they call back and tell us when their driver went to start the car our battery was dead (a six month old battery)! So they had lied about him leaving and the traffic, etc. They said we must have left a light on and that was why the battery was dead. When the driver finally arrived with our car, he took off immediately, we have no idea where he went. Hubby got into the car he noticed snow and ice packed down under the side of the driver's seat and icicles hanging from the controls. Apparently, they had left the driver's door ajar and that is why the battery was dead. When I called the following day to complain, I was repeatedly hung up on. I never was able to get in touch with anyone there. This was our experience. You have to judge for yourself who to go with. Good luck, I hope this helps.

I know others had had good experiences with Winner but I thought you should know it's not all good. We used them for the first time in January. The girl at the front desk was extremely rude. We had to have them take us over to the airport in their van because we could not fit any more in our car. The van was filthy dirty and only had one working seat belt. We were gone for almost two weeks. When we called for the car, they told us our car was already on the way. Perfect! We took the kids out to the curb and waited. Half an hour later my husband called and they confirmed the driver hit some traffic but would be there in 10 minutes. We waited....One hour later my husband called back and they were very annoyed with us bugging them :headache: They said they would look into it.. half an hour later they call back and tell us when their driver went to start the car our battery was dead (a six month old battery)! So they had lied about him leaving and the traffic, etc. They said we must have left a light on and that was why the battery was dead. When the driver finally arrived with our car, he took off immediately, we have no idea where he went. Hubby got into the car he noticed snow and ice packed down under the side of the driver's seat and icicles hanging from the controls. Apparently, they had left the driver's door ajar and that is why the battery was dead. When I called the following day to complain, I was repeatedly hung up on. I never was able to get in touch with anyone there. This was our experience. You have to judge for yourself who to go with. Good luck, I hope this helps.

:scared1: Thanks for your story. We're always a little leery about leaving our car keys with anyone, especially if they know we'll be away for a week! DH already was unhappy that I booked flight out of PHL (we usually fly from EWR) so an incident like this would really put a damper on the trip.

Did they ever answer you?

Very interesting. The last (and final) time we used Winner, we got the same "your battery was dead" bs story from them. They told me it was corroded and died, so they had to jump the car to start it. I checked the battery the next day and there weren't any signs of corrosion on it. I figured they were either short staffed or had left a light on or a door ajar. I also had my mechanic check it at the next oil change, and it was fine.

We have gone back to using Pacifico (we tried Winner becuase they were a little cheaper with the internet coupon). Pacifico has been consistently good.

:eek:

You know what? We had the EXACT same experience with Winner about 5 or so years ago. The first and only time we used them. We had a car that was under 3 years old and we were traveling in November. It was a little cold but not frigid. We waited forever for a pick up and they gave us the "the battery died and we had to jump your car" story. As I said the car was fairly new. DH knew they were feeding us a line, and we never had a problem with the battery again.

We also never went there again.

As to Pacifico ... DH tried to use them before a morning flight. The line was down the street and there were not enough staff there. He ended up leaving and parking at a non-valet lot, as did the guys he was traveling with (a man trip). I have read this is a common occurrence with them for morning flights.

He never used Pacifico again either.

We like Pre-flight which I believe is on Island avenue. They have inside and outside parking. You take your own keys. And they have many vans going through the airport at all times so you don't even need to call for a pickup. They have a coupon available on their web site. We have used them many times and our experiences with them have been consistent. Everyone we know who has ever used them has said the same things about them.

:eek:

You know what? We had the EXACT same experience with Winner about 5 or so years ago. The first and only time we used them. We had a car that was under 3 years old and we were traveling in November. It was a little cold but not frigid. We waited forever for a pick up and they gave us the "the battery died and we had to jump your car" story. As I said the car was fairly new. DH knew they were feeding us a line, and we never had a problem with the battery again.

We also never went there again.

As to Pacifico ... DH tried to use them before a morning flight. The line was down the street and there were not enough staff there. He ended up leaving and parking at a non-valet lot, as did the guys he was traveling with (a man trip). I have read this is a common occurrence with them for morning flights.

He never used Pacifico again either.

We like Pre-flight which I believe is on Island avenue. They have inside and outside parking. You take your own keys. And they have many vans going through the airport at all times so you don't even need to call for a pickup. They have a coupon available on their web site. We have used them many times and our experiences with them have been consistent. Everyone we know who has ever used them has said the same things about them.

Ditto on Pre-flight, use them everytime for short get-aways but for anything from 10 days to 14 days, pays to use a park and fly hotel in the area.

I've worked and stayed at the Ramada Inn....They also have a parking service called park and jet....not sure of the rates but it would be good for you to look at. They just updated their rooms not too long ago so they are in a great condition. The hotel's phone number is 610-521-9600. They also have stay and fly packages available. http://www.phillyramadainn.com/parkjet.nxg
Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter