Parking at phila airport.

Melissabo

Mouseketeer
Can anyone suggest a parking option for Philly international? We have used the econo-lot in the past but weren't sure if there are better options. Our flight to Orlando leaves at 6:30 a.m. so we'll be at the airport at 4:30 am so we'll need something that is open all night. Return flight is about 2:30 pm. we'll also have a 2 year old with us. thanks

We just used FastTrack Parking on Essington Avenue on January 31st.
We parked Sat (5 am) to Friday (9:45 pm) and used a coupon on their website and it cost us $58.23.
Our flight was at 6:30 am too. We did not get to the airport until 5:15 am and we were fine, we had plenty of time.

We have used this lot on numerous trips. The shuttle picks you up in the lot and the driver has helped us take our luggage out of our car and on and off the shuttle at the airport.
When you arrive back in Phila, go to baggage claim, get your luggage and head outside to the curb and call FastTrack and they will dispatch a shuttle to you, he was there within minutes. I think they just ride around the airport waiting for riders.
They give you a card at the ticket gate and the driver gives you a location card for your car to use when you return.
Hope this helps

We use ExpressPark, they are south of the airport off of Scott Way. If you print a coupon off their web site its about $8.00/day.

Drivers are quick and helpful.

Check hotels in the area. Sometimes they have packages where you can stay a night in the hotel and leave your car in their lot during your vacation. The morning of your flight they'll take you to the airport. Often they do not charge much more than parking at the airport, and you don't need to drive and find parking at the crack of dawn.

I've always just used the Economy Parking at the airport. Never had a problem.

The option depending how long you are staying, is have a limo drop you off and pick you up.

We use Pre-Flight on Island Ave. We are always happy with them. There are always shuttles waiting to take you to the airport. On the return flight we have never had to call them. When we go outside baggage claim if you wait a few minutes a shuttle always comes by. There is a coupon on their website for $1 off a day or if you have a AAA card you get the same deal. We are leaving on a 6:30 am flight too!

I have used Winner for several years. There is a link to their site from here

http://www.longtermparking.com/penn.htm

It is a valet service, so if you are leery about someone else driving your car, you will be better off with another service. www.longtermparking has links to several offsite lots. I have parked with Winner at least 10 times and have never had a problem.

I parked in the Economy lot at the airport once. Hated it. I pay the $12 extra for Winner's White glove service, so I can leave right from the airport.

we always use pacifico. they are open 24 hours and they drop you off and pick you up in your own car. they have two levels of service, one where you return back to their lot after they pick you up to settle up payment, and one where you drive directly home after they deliver your car to you at the airport. not sure of the payment specifics on that 2nd option. good reliable affordable service though.

Thanks for the tips, I think we'll try Winner, I'm confused though, I went to the linked site above and then to Winner's actual site, the coupon for $6.89 per day is that what the daily rate is then you pay and additional $10.99 plus tax to leave from the airport in your car without having to return to the counter? Or is the daily rate 10.99 per day? The coupon on Winner's site says 6.89 per day "Valet Charges Apply"

I'm trying to figure out if I need to calculate $6.89 per day plus a one time charge of $10.99 plus tax or

10.99 per day plus a one time charge of 10.99

Thanks for the tips, I think we'll try Winner, I'm confused though, I went to the linked site above and then to Winner's actual site, the coupon for $6.89 per day is that what the daily rate is then you pay and additional $10.99 plus tax to leave from the airport in your car without having to return to the counter? Or is the daily rate 10.99 per day? The coupon on Winner's site says 6.89 per day "Valet Charges Apply"

I'm trying to figure out if I need to calculate $6.89 per day plus a one time charge of $10.99 plus tax or

10.99 per day plus a one time charge of 10.99

The White Glove Service is $10.99. That is a one time charge. Then, it is $6.89 per day plus tax. I think the tax is 20%, but it is the same as any other valet service. Perhaps, that is the "valet service". I have a copy of my receipt from Oct 2008. Maybe that will help

Parked from 10/2/08 (7 pm) thru 10/6/08 (8:15 pm)

Parking Charges $32.45 ($6.49 per day coupon)
20% City Park Tax +6.49
White Glove + 10.99
City Tax on White + .77
Glove Service

So the total was $50.70 for 5 days worth of parking. You should be able to calculate the amount you will need to budget from those figures.

The White Glove Service is $10.99. That is a one time charge. Then, it is $6.89 per day plus tax. I think the tax is 20%, but it is the same as any other valet service. Perhaps, that is the "valet service". I have a copy of my receipt from Oct 2008. Maybe that will help

Parked from 10/2/08 (7 pm) thru 10/6/08 (8:15 pm)

Parking Charges $32.45 ($6.49 per day coupon)
20% City Park Tax +6.49
White Glove + 10.99
City Tax on White + .77
Glove Service

So the total was $50.70 for 5 days worth of parking. You should be able to calculate the amount you will need to budget from those figures.

perfect, thank you so much!:banana:

we always use pacifico. they are open 24 hours and they drop you off and pick you up in your own car. they have two levels of service, one where you return back to their lot after they pick you up to settle up payment, and one where you drive directly home after they deliver your car to you at the airport. not sure of the payment specifics on that 2nd option. good reliable affordable service though.

We have used Pacifico in the past and it worked out well. They dropped us off
and then picked us up in our car. We were able to just leave to go home (plus
they washed our car while we were gone!). Now we usually just go out of Atlantic City...very quick and easy. Have fun!!

It seems like you have already decided to go with Winner, but I just wanted to second that we always use them and they are GREAT! Very reasonably priced. Travelling with a toddler, it is so much easier to travel to the airport in your own car rather than shuttling. We always pay for the white glove to leave directly from the airport.

Another option is Express Park, 1070 Tinicum Island Rd.

Cost is $7.75 per day plus tax with website coupon. Additional 2 days free if you register with them online.

We used them last year when we few to San Diego and had no problems.

http://www.expresspark.net/

Thanks everyone for this great info... we too need parking in philly for our upcoming trip and do not want to stay overnight the night before. If I'm coming down the blue rte to 95 do I want the parking that's south of the airport as it's closer??

Just an FYI- expect about 20% tax on any daily rate for all parking facilities. The City of Philadelphia recently increased the tax and it does add quite a chunk of change for week long stays.

Just an FYI- expect about 20% tax on any daily rate for all parking facilities. The City of Philadelphia recently increased the tax and it does add quite a chunk of change for week long stays.
I did notice that on some of the coupons on the parking websites...thanks!

Thanks everyone for this great info... we too need parking in philly for our upcoming trip and do not want to stay overnight the night before. If I'm coming down the blue rte to 95 do I want the parking that's south of the airport as it's closer??

Now I thought your DH didn't like the Blue Route or I-95? :lmao:

I don't think it makes that much of a difference. Most of the parking facilities are very close to the airport. I know that Winner gives directions for either direction on 95 http://www.winnerairportparking.net/directions_winnerairportparking.html

Winner is about 5 minutes from the airport, as long as you can keep that whole North-South thing straight. It always confuses me since I am coming from the North, why am I taking I 95 North ??:confused:

Now I thought your DH didn't like the Blue Route or I-95? :lmao:

I don't think it makes that much of a difference. Most of the parking facilities are very close to the airport. I know that Winner gives directions for either direction on 95 http://www.winnerairportparking.net/directions_winnerairportparking.html

Winner is about 5 minutes from the airport, as long as you can keep that whole North-South thing straight. It always confuses me since I am coming from the North, why am I taking I 95 North ??:confused:
The $59 SW airfare decided that for us :lmao: I'd much rather fly JB but I don't want to chance getting stuck with high airfare.

I used Winner the last trip, and I was worried because I have a stick shift car. Another poster here on DIS had trouble with Winner, there was no driver available who was good driving stick. I had no trouble, I had 2 different older guys who laughed when I asked about it. They admitted many of the younger ones were not good at it.

I think I will use Winner again this week (trip to Chicago though, not WDW :rolleyes: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter