Parking at Magic Kingdom (Disneyworld) question

I am not staying on the saturday we get off the cruise.... just burning a park ticket so we can do something while waiting for our flight home.

Dont they charge your card if you dont show?

Some meals yes, some no.

I don't know why I'm surprised someone suggested making an ADR and not going to it, but I am. So now we are not only suggesting people park at resorts instead of parking in theme park parking lots where they should park, we are suggesting they make ADRs with no intention of going to them. So instead of doing only one thing that will have a negative affect on others, we now do two.

Really, just park in the theme park parking lot or valet. No need to make this so complicated that you have to make a fake ADR or risk your car getting towed.

I am not staying on the saturday we get off the cruise.... just burning a park ticket so we can do something while waiting for our flight home.

so then why not just do the right thing & take $14.and park main lot like majority of everyone else ? Enjoy your cruise

:stir: why even go there ?

Because technically if you visit a WDW Resort to shop, browse, etc.. you're entirely within your rights to be there and park there. That's the company policy. It doesn't mean the resort itself doesnt have issues with parking, or hat it doesnt have to try and limit parking to keep people from using it for the theme parks - but it is meant to be visited without having to buy anything.

so then why not just do the right thing & take $14.and park main lot like majority of everyone else ? Enjoy your cruise

I dont know how you seem to think that is the "right thing". If I can valet park at GF I will do that. I will have our luggage in the rental vehicle and Id prefer it be in a smaller lot. The theft from the vehicles in the main lot is a huge concern to me.

mousermerf said:
It's $14 to "normal park" so it's really not a big deal.

I was thinking that also.... We have a reservation for chef mickey later in the day, and was thinking maybe valet there in the morning, go to the MK via monorail, eat there later and then leave from the contemporary... Is this ok or frowned upon?

I was thinking that also.... We have a reservation for chef mickey later in the day, and was thinking maybe valet there in the morning, go to the MK via monorail, eat there later and then leave from the contemporary... Is this ok or frowned upon?

It's fine.

If you valet for the day, is it in and out or if you leave and come back do you have to pay again?

In and out unless you're staying at the resort - then it gets charged back to the room and they do it by day. You can have them retrieve your car so you can get something out of it, i've had that happen, at no charge. Well, beside tip.

I don't know the rules re-valet parking and going to parks so won't advise on that I do know for a fact that a meal at one of the resorts or browsing or shopping does not give you the right to then leave the car there and then go play in the parks You don't have to believe me you don't know me ask the Security CM at the resort kiosk, tell them what you want t do & see what they say This park at resorts go to parks topic pops up in the Disboards over the years all the time & ends up a hot debate mess I do personally know Security kiosk CMs at Y & B BW CR & FW I know what the policy against trying to beat the park parking fees are

That being said do what you want we all make choices......you don't have to take my advice,makes no difference to me but fwiw when I say or post that I know something as fact its because I do most people appreciate the honest help

Like I said I do not know valet parking rules I would ask whe I get there worse case scenario you will be told no and have to backtrack to toll plaza again

I figured it would be ok to valet since you actually pay more than regular parking at the parks. I wouldn't do that with the free parking time they give you to eat.... We just have a late reservation and will probably leave after dinner so thought that would be easier than going back to get the car...maybe we can just get the car and drive to the contemporary, eat and leave from there...

OK, I got an answer from Disney. You are allowed to use their valet parking if there is room then go visit the theme park. Its not an issue with the self park because you can get to that the back way and park. Its just a bit of a walk because its across the street.

Here is what I was told:

Thank you for contacting Disney. Please hold while we route you to a Walt Disney World Cast Member who will help you with your question.

Welcome to Disney, you are now chatting with 'Mike', how may I help you today?

Me: We have a reservation for a few days at the Poly, followed by a 7 day cruise on the fantasy. After that we are returning to the park for one last day while we wait for our flight home.

Me: Can I park using the valet area at the Grand Floridan for that last day?

Mike: I would recommend parking your car at the Theme Park you are visiting. I believe you would be able to valet park your car at Disney Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. You can try parking there, but it is based on availability. They may recommend you park at the Theme Parks as well.
Me: Would I be allowed to park at GF if there is room available at the valet lot?

Mike: It will be one moment while I do some further research.

Mike: I did double check and you would be able to valet park your car at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa while you are at the Theme Parks. Please know that this is based on availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter