Parking at Magic Kingdom (Disneyworld) question

Billinaz

Moving within sight of Port Canaveral!
Is there an option to pay more to park closer to the front of the lot at Disneyworld?

Not that I'm aware of.....but I'll move this over to the Theme Parks board.

Nope, but if you are a AAA member and book your vacation through them, you can ask for a Diamond parking pass. The diamond parking lot is usually close to the handicapped parking and these spots are first come first served, so when they are gone, they are gone.

However, the best way to get a good spot is going the old fashioned way, getting there early.

Nope, but if you are a AAA member and book your vacation through them, you can ask for a Diamond parking pass. The diamond parking lot is usually close to the handicapped parking and these spots are first come first served, so when they are gone, they are gone.

However, the best way to get a good spot is going the old fashioned way, getting there early.

correct abt AAA/Diamond however earlier you get thru toll plaza further you'll be from tram they move you down the lanes-parking spots

Honestly, it's easier to park close at Epcot and then take the monorail. As for paying for.. yes, you can buy a suite at Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary. Closest parking to MK.

The lot sections nearest the "front" do not have tram service. For many guests this is not an inconvenience; it may be faster to walk back to your car at park closing.

Whether you end up next to the tram lane or all the way down the aisle is quite random no matter when you arrive. They fill up each parking lot aisle sometimes starting at the tram lane, sometimes starting at the far end, then they do the next aisle.

At one time I had the opinion that they should fill the portions nearest the tram lane first and work back, then come back to the front and fill the portions further from the tram lane, as:

(current)
front
1111 - tram
2222 - lane
3333 - tram
4444 - lane

(my idea)
front
3311 - tram
3311 - lane
4422 - tram
4422 - lane

Handicapped guests without scooters or nonfolding wheelchairs can ask for a space up against the tram lane (prematurely commencing a new row) rather than use the handicapped lot that does not have tram service.

thread_title said:
Parking at Magic Kingdom (Disneyworld) question
beeline3.gif

Honestly, it's easier to park close at Epcot and then take the monorail. As for paying for.. yes, you can buy a suite at Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary. Closest parking to MK.

:rotfl: good answer re: BLT but I have a feeling thats not the tip OP was looking for

You can valet at BLT if available.

Of course I might prefer to valet at Grand Floridian and then monorail over to MK.

... yes, you can buy a suite at Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary. Closest parking to MK.
On most days (depending on resort occupancy) ou must either be staying there or using the parking valet. Just being a member of Disney Vacation Club is not sufficient.

You can valet at BLT if available.

Of course I might prefer to valet at Grand Floridian and then monorail over to MK.

The advantage to parking at CR/BLT (and not at Epcot, TTC, or any of the other monorail resorts) is not having to try to board the monorail (or ferry) at MK closing time.

As always, the availability of valet parking is subject to change based on crowd levels.

Robo said:
The advantage to parking at CR/BLT (and not at Epcot, TTC, or any of the other monorail resorts) is not having to try to board the monorail (or ferry) at MK closing time.

As always, the availability of valet parking is subject to change based on crowd levels.

How much does it cost to valet at those resorts?

We are returning from Port Canaveral and have plenty of time to us before our flight out. We have an extra day on our park tickets so this turns out to be the best way to use the time and the ticket.

There are tons of the AAA passes on Ebay, but I have read a lot of negative opinions on the AAA parking.

Can you valet park at GF or Poly if you arent staying at the resort?

We are returning from Port Canaveral and have plenty of time to us before our flight out. We have an extra day on our park tickets so this turns out to be the best way to use the time and the ticket.

There are tons of the AAA passes on Ebay, but I have read a lot of negative opinions on the AAA parking.

Can you valet park at GF or Poly if you arent staying at the resort?

Easiest way to be allowed to park regardless of resort "fullness" is to have a dining reservation.

Considering we are only going to be there a few hours, I dont think a dining reservation would work....

Is there an option to pay more to park closer to the front of the lot at Disneyworld?

Absolutely. Just make your hotel reservations at the Contemporary Resort and you'll have official (paid) access to the the closest parking lot to the Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter