• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at Bradley

hAm53

hi!!!
I searched through the last 10 pages of threads, bt couldn't find the post that I was looking for. I apologise for starting another conversation about something we already covered.
Where is a decent place to park at Bradley. One of the people my girlfriend works with says that she can park for $50 a week. I find this rather hard to believe. And if it is true, how good can this place be? Of course I don't have the name of the place.

Does anyone have any reccomendations on where to park at Bradley? We're leaving on Southwest on a Thursday late-morning flight and will be coming back on Southwest the following Thursday afternoon, if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance.

~Chris

I always park at Roncari.
It is a little more expensive than some of the others but it is the closest to the terminals and the vans are clean.
There are discounts available from AAA and sometimes there are coupons in those packets you get in the mail.
Also some companies have discounts for their employees. Mine does and I believe it is 25% off.

We always use Executive. Their website is www.executivevalet.com. When you make your reservation there, you can print out a discount coupon which is for $34.75/week or $6.95/day. They have a shuttle to and from Bradley and when you're coming home, you call from the airport, they come pick you up and when you get there your car is all warmed up, cleaned off of any snow and ready to roll. I highly recommend them.

When we fly out of Bradley in the morning we arrive the night before and stay at the Bradley International Inn. They let you park your car there for 2 to 3 weeks free if you spend the night. Since we usually go for 2 weeks it's cheaper to pay for a nights stay and park free. It's also a lot easier to be next to the airport the morning of your flight than rushing around trying to get the kids ready and out of the house hoping there's no traffic to catch your flight. It's not a fancy place but it's clean and comfortable. They have a website, www.sleepparkandfly.com

Good idea, but if you want to save money you should consider the cost:

Room Type 1 Adult 2 Adults

Standard (1 queen bed) $65 $75
Suite (2 queen beds) $75 $85
Triple (3 queen beds) $85 $95
Extra Person in any room $10

Excluding taxes...

If your trip is long enough, you come out even plus get a night's rest before you leave...

We just used executive valet for the first time last month. It worked out great and very close to the airport. I highly recommend!

Hi Muffy. How was your trip? I believe it was my husband who had "talked" to you about Executive on these boards. They are great aren't they?

We used Bradley's parking/shuttle service last March and I think it was $6 per day. The shuttle on the way in was quick and easy. On the way out, we waited maybe 45 minutes for a shuttle (which was tough with 2 kids in tow).

s there any big problem with parking on site? We were gonna take a quick drive down and check it our yesterday, but then it started snowing. I can't get over thinking that Tom Nevers Field, err I mean Bradley will have tons of cars that it'll be hard finding a place to park.
It seems a lot cheaper (65 bucks) than going offsite, and with a '88 Chevy Beretta in not the best of shape, we're not too worried about someone breaking in to steel the facotry standard radio that barely works.
Unlike Jenn, it's just two 23 yr olds, so if we needed to wait for a shuttle, it wouldn't be as bad.

~Chris

I will NEVER park in the Bradley airport parking lots again after a trip a couple of years ago (pre 9/11).

Going to Disney on a Wed in January, flight leaves around 4pm. Arrive around 2:45 pm to park in the Bradley parking. All lots except for 1 are completely full (this was mid-week, not around a holiday). So we parked in the 1 available Bradley lot (saw a shuttle van leave just as we were parking), got out of the car and waited for a shuttle to take us to the terminal. After waiting for 45 minutes, a crowd of about 60 people had accumulated, and ONE van showed up to take people to the terminal.

I would have WALKED to the terminal, but the parking was so far away from the airport, we couldn't tell where the terminal actually was! I think we were in lot 5B.

Of course people that were just walking up to the waiting area tried to get onto the van first. Since we'd been waiting longer than anyone, I pushed and shoved my way onto the van (standing room only, of course).

We arrived at the terminal with only about 15 mins to catch our flight. Everyone else that was waiting to get to the terminal had to wait for another van - and since the first one took 45 mins to get there, who KNOWS how long they waited!

When we returned a 10 days later, there had been approx 16" of snow that fell while we were gone - we had to dig our car out of the snowbank left by the plow. This was after waiting at least 20 mins for a shuttle to take us to our car. It cost us around $75 to park.

After that, I vowed never again - we used Executive our last trip - drove into their area, stepped out of the car. They took our bags out of the trunk, loaded them into a waiting (warm) van, and we were at the terminal faster than you could walk there from the closest Bradley lot.

When we returned, we called on the courtesy phone - took them about 10 mins to get there. When we got back to the parking site, my car was already waiting, had been pulled to the front, and started. The car was warm when we got into it! I went inside to pay, and we were on the road not 20 mins after we landed!

That trip (same length, 10 days) cost us only around $45 to park, because of internet coupons we printed out.

Everyone says with the new garage, parking at Bradley will be much better - I say the garage isn't really all that big (didn't add that many spaces for what it replaced), and it already costs too much to park on site - I'll use Executive every time!

Jill, I'm so glad someone else has found how great Executive is. I can't stress to others how good and how inexpensive they are to use! The last thing I want to do when I'm already not wanting to be home, is clean out from a snowstorm!

The kicker is that on the trip with so much snow, we had left our hats and gloves in the car (less to carry with us, and we were going to Florida!).

So we had to wade through the snow and clean off a door with our bare hands in order to get inside to get our hats, gloves, and the shovel.

No one's fault but our own, but just added more reason for us not to use the local parking again, and go with Executive.

I just hoped onto Executive's Site, and it'll be like 36 bucks for the week. I guess it's the native New Yorker in me, but if they're so great why are they so cheap?
The directions from Springfield are a little tricky, but I think i'd be able to find my way.
Dawn or Jill, how long of a shuttle ride is it?
Jill makes a good point about the snow. I don't know how I even forgot about the stupid stuff. Heck, its even in my profile to the right <-----

~Chris

The shuttle ride is less than 5 minutes - the reason they are cheaper than onsite parking is they are OFF site (although, they're not far off site). In fact, I think they're actually closer to the terminals than some of the more remote ONSITE parking (like the first time we tried to park at Bradley). Being off site, they don't have to pay all of the airport fees that any company that operates on site has to.

Don't know how they compare to the other parking companies, and if they are less or more expensive than others, but the reason I tried them is because they say they'll have your car waiting when you get back (plus they clean off the snow), and we had a great experience with them.

Give em a try. You won't be sorry! We have a friend who lives here and works in South Carolina. He flys back and forth every week and uses Executive every week. He's never had a problem.

Simple, cause it is not in NY
L M A O

...clever:smooth:

Well, *I* checked out the site and made a ressie. We're using Executive only because I do recall one winter coming back at night and having to take time to shovel, warm and clean the car left at Bradley.
Oh, and the parking lot was not thoroughly sanded. Nothing freaks me out more than ice on the roads.

I considered staying nearby or at the airport the night before, but we're just 30 minutes. The expense would not be justified in my view...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter