Park shoe

Im so glad it isn't just me who is thinking ahead and planning foot wear. I have been wondering what to get for my 2 ds' who are age 10 and will be 7? Any recommendations, they normally live in trainers but think they would benefit from cooler sandals?

Not sure if it helps anyone but brantano have 40% off everything when you spend £20 and they have Skechers go walks etc on there just had a new pair for £21. They also had men's sketchers and I had a pair of kids doodles (Clarks) for £12!
Thanks for that. Never heard of that site but just ordered the Sketchers Go Walk super socks and some lovely suede Adidas trainers for my son. Really happy with the discount.

Thanks for that. Never heard of that site but just ordered the Sketchers Go Walk super socks and some lovely suede Adidas trainers for my son. Really happy with the discount.
glad it helped, they are quite a big chain with a few shops round our way. I forgot they did Skechers I was waiting originally to buy a pair out there but at that price it was the same if not cheaper and at least I can break them in before I go!

glad it helped, they are quite a big chain with a few shops round our way. I forgot they did Skechers I was waiting originally to buy a pair out there but at that price it was the same if not cheaper and at least I can break them in before I go!
So disappointed with Brantano. They sent an email to me this morning saying that my order was cancelled as issue with stock. Strange how my husband and I ordered the shoes separately and both orders cancelled for sketchers and Addidas but another order for a cheap pair of PE trainers wasn't. Makes me think they never had half the shoes to begin with.
Oh well, plan B. Did managed to get two pais of sparkly fit flops from Jones via Amazon for £35 each. They are
Overly and thankfully arrived next day.

Im so glad it isn't just me who is thinking ahead and planning foot wear. I have been wondering what to get for my 2 ds' who are age 10 and will be 7? Any recommendations, they normally live in trainers but think they would benefit from cooler sandals?

Hi we've always put ours in clarks sandals. They used to be called 'doodles' sandals but this year I think they're called piranha boy. Very soft, Velcro fastening, absolutely no rubbing and cope with wet and dry. Also light weight and not too many different fastenings. Managed to get a pair of last years off eBay as the don't seem to have the junior sizes in stock yet. My daughter will be nearly 12 this time so will try her in Teva a tirra youth, but still perfect for my 9 year old boy. Hope this helps :wave2:

I started the original thread so thanks for all the responses! Think the Nike Flyknits may be one of the few options I can pull off!!

Got some croc flip flops as wasn't sure as a self respecting male I could pull off proper crocs and unfortunately got blisters after 30mins!!

So disappointed with Brantano. They sent an email to me this morning saying that my order was cancelled as issue with stock. Strange how my husband and I ordered the shoes separately and both orders cancelled for sketchers and Addidas but another order for a cheap pair of PE trainers wasn't. Makes me think they never had half the shoes to begin with.
Oh well, plan B. Did managed to get two pais of sparkly fit flops from Jones via Amazon for £35 each. They are
Overly and thankfully arrived next day.

Oh no! We must've been lucky then ours showed up on Saturday (I only ordered Friday morning!) I was amazed how quickly they were delivered. Glad you managed to to get some shoes sorted though :thumbsup2

We both had Nike lightweight crossover trainers (not quite running shoes but lighter than normal trainers) Most comfortable shoe I have had around the parks

Tony

I like trainers. I have flip flops (Primark £1) in my backpack that I swap out for the wet rides. I have terrible issues with swollen ankles and from the knee down I look horrendous so there are no photos of me below the knee lol.

I wear havaiana flip flops.

I was planning on taking my converse with me too this year but they've been hurting lately when I wear them for too long so there's no chance I'll be able to cope in Florida!

I was lucky and managed to get Go Walks in the Brantano sale mentioned earlier - I went for the Mary Jane type so they cost a bit more, but still £10 less than I could find them anywhere else. I have some 'full' Crocs (I wear when gardening these days!) and mary jane type ones too but the latter, while they look pretty, make my feet sooo sweaty (sorry tmi!) and they really wouldn't go with socks, so I will take my 'full' Crocs as well.

I think I might invest in a pair of sandals too - walking type but don't have to be specific walking ones - I hear 'Hotter' are good but pricey, or even thinking Clarks more robust/padded type might be good?

Anyone any good suggestions for 'walking' type sandals or sandals that are OK for doing lots of miles? I have some lovely sandals but they are more wear with a dress/restaurant type sandal.

I can't wear flip flops to save my life - toe posts and I just don't go together! I do have birkenstocks but not sure they'd be great for walking miles?

OMG - I sound like Imelda Marcos :headache:!

Teva sandals. They now do some strappy rather ladylike ones instead of big clunky ones, they come in different colours, Velcro on your feet and have nice rubber non slip soles, I love mine!

Thanks Elaine - they look great but I can't wear toeposts! But, I think I might have a trip to SD and see what they have. The girls and I have had Karrimor walking boots the last few years now and we've had no issues with them, so the sandals are an option!

Just ordered myself some Birkenstocks (tried a pair on in a local factory shop and my feet loved them- sadly, they didn't have my size in the style I wan't but found them online.) Hopefully, they will work out as perfect by next summer! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter