Park reservations, why is the MK showing unavailable for June 13-16?

kirstenb1

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry if this was previously discussed. Both MK and HS are showing no availability those days. Does anyone know why?

I'm sorry if this was previously discussed. Both MK and HS are showing no availability those days. Does anyone know why?
Those two parks are fully booked the Monday-Thursday of the two preceding weeks also. It's probably not a coincidence. For some strange reason, parks tend to fully book up on the weekdays before the weekends. As the prior poster stated, MK and HS tend to book up before the others.

Last edited:
I've noticed on the Availability Calendar that about a month or so out, the green days start turning yellow (especially for weekdays). This has been going on for months.

But here's something new: the next 10 days (most of which were yellow, certainly all the weekdays) have now turned green. Is Disney upping availability due to improved staffing? Or have a lot of people cancelled?

I'm not sure what you're asking... the park pass reservations are sold out/fully booked. June is busy. It's pretty normal. Generally MK & HS are gone before AK and Epcot.
Okay, I guess because we only go once a year, and schools in the Northeast are usually still in session, it didn't occur to me that it would be so busy. We did go last June, but I guess the pandemic kept park numbers down. We had no problem waiting to buy tickets once we arrived, then reserving a space.

And none of our previous trips for the last 20 some years required reservations. Just caught me off guard. Liked to try to see the weather in prior trips before buying tix.

Okay, I guess because we only go once a year, and schools in the Northeast are usually still in session, it didn't occur to me that it would be so busy. We did go last June, but I guess the pandemic kept park numbers down. We had no problem waiting to buy tickets once we arrived, then reserving a space.

And none of our previous trips for the last 20 some years required reservations. Just caught me off guard. Liked to try to see the weather in prior trips before buying tix.
Saddly you need to lock in tickets and reservations a few months in advance. Once June hits all schools around the county start to close so June - Sept should be pretty busy. No more walking up and buying tickets. I honestly dunno why you even can these days if they keep park reservations.

Our trip isn't until late July and I've had our park pass reservations booked since last month. I figured it would start to book up eventually and I didn't want to be caught without a reservation. If you have hoppers you should be able to at least book one of the available parks and hop to MK at 2 or later.

Schools in the northeast may still be in session by June but they are not all throughout the south. So everyone between you and Disney are already out and many headed to Disney

Sadly to nothing about planning is the same from your trips the past 20 years. It’s an entirely new system

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter