Park report - 9-12-21

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I arrived at M&Fs at around 6:50. That was my first time there since the pandemic started and it was nice to be back. I pulled up to the entrance and was surprised to find that I could actually pull into the structure. I believe that it opened formally exactly at 7:00. I was able to park and get to the park gates by about 7:15, which was nice. I expected it to take longer.

I was among the first into the park and certainly the first to the rope on the FL/TL side. There was a nice couple next to us visiting form Hawaii and it was the woman’s birthday. They told me that they were headed for PP. I made a mental note to let them have my first place spot if were fortunate enough to get it. I did and we let them go first. That was a nice way to begin the day.

We then did Mr. Toad and headed directly to HM.I hadn’t seen it since the NBC overlay. We waited about five minutes to get in, which was unexpectedly quick.

Later I piloted the Millennium Falcon for the first time. I’ve been on SR before but I’d never flown it. As a result, it felt like an entirely different ride and I enjoyed it far more than I ever had before.

Crowds were moderate early (they usually are on a Sunday) but by 10:30 both the crowds and the temp became more of a challenge. I left at around 2:00. I don’t like heat and it was 93 when I left.

In short, today was the best day I’ve had at the park since it reopened. I think that was due in part to breaking my routine. I often meet friends there and they like to follow and set plan. I’m less about that and today felt more fresh and spontaneous.
Incidentally, I did reasonably on Buzz but I only rode it six times and didn’t break 2M but I came close.

I’ve got park maps if anyone would like a set. Simply send me an DM with your preferred mailing address.

A few pics from the day:
419D410F-CCC1-434F-BCBE-69D25E9846E9.jpeg

298B67B9-7D4D-4246-B18B-EB9C59AADA06.jpeg

0702DE56-DA58-493B-BE5C-39077A6AD925.jpeg

AD89A81B-C73B-4ED4-846E-75C2FA17459C.jpeg

E47ADA51-1DF7-4309-9FD3-ADA87D580340.jpeg

78F39655-07E1-4FC9-8606-5EFEBAC90C6E.jpeg

BF809C4A-8AF3-4049-8544-DFC4369FA24A.jpeg

382EC29C-A2CF-4BA8-AB89-B58B1D97A869.jpeg

75D7EC7F-6112-4AEB-8808-FD9DFFEC73C9.jpeg

F296D7EA-7C1C-4A9E-A4AB-0FED03FB217A.jpeg

Love all the pictures and report of your experience at the park. Happy to hear it was a good day for you.

I always love seeing your trip reports, not sure why they moved you to the community forum. Glad it was a nice day for you and hope it gets cooler. My family and I will be there in November and getting excited! It will be 4 yrs since we were in DL last and we have 6 of us going this time ( 2 that have never been! )

Thank you! I don’t think nearly as many people see them in the Community forum as in the main one but the mods moved my previous reports here, so…
That's interesting ........ I just always look at both, just to not miss out. Always appreciate finding your updates.

I always love seeing your trip reports, not sure why they moved you to the community forum. Glad it was a nice day for you and hope it gets cooler. My family and I will be there in November and getting excited! It will be 4 yrs since we were in DL last and we have 6 of us going this time ( 2 that have never been! )
Thanks! Hope you have a great trip in November! Crowds have been good so they should help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter