Park pass reservation system?

Once the parks are fully open, with no capacity restrictions, the park pass system won’t be the annoying issue it is now, since the parks almost never hit their maximum capacity. There should be no problem getting a last minute reservation or changing reservations on the fly. What really needs to go away in the hopping time.

Once the parks are fully open, with no capacity restrictions, the park pass system won’t be the annoying issue it is now, since the parks almost never hit their maximum capacity. There should be no problem getting a last minute reservation or changing reservations on the fly. What really needs to go away in the hopping time.
Very true.
It’s likely to become much easier to deal with in the future. I imagine at some point they’ll add the ability to switch park reservations without needing to cancel the first.

They're needed now until Dec 31, 2022 so I'm pretty sure they're here to stay for a long time and possibly forever. I'm guessing they will help greatly with planning staff once the parks are open to a greater capacity.

I don't understand how this will benefit them once parks are opening to full capacity. They will get a general idea of numbers for staff by reservations from the night before but they are going to need many on call for asap shifts for the last minute guests. If there's no cap, there's no telling what you're numbers can be

I don't understand how this will benefit them once parks are opening to full capacity. They will get a general idea of numbers for staff by reservations from the night before but they are going to need many on call for asap shifts for the last minute guests. If there's no cap, there's no telling what you're numbers can be

There will still be a cap to divert people to other parks. Much like FP+ was designed to spread people around the park, park reservations will allow them to, for instance, push people away from certain parks and towards others.

There will still be a cap to divert people to other parks.
Exactly. The caps on park passes will probably be much higher than they are now, but they can still set a cap that's lower than maximum park capacity and might be reached on very busy days. Then walk-up guests who buy their tickets that day might have to go to their 2nd or 3rd choice park. And for the very busiest days of the year (Christmas through NYE, for example), we might see parks booking up in advance - and hopping restricted.

There will still be a cap to divert people to other parks. Much like FP+ was designed to spread people around the park, park reservations will allow them to, for instance, push people away from certain parks and towards others.
So basically they really won't be open to capacity then if they are going to still push you to other parks???

So basically they really won't be open to capacity then if they are going to still push you to other parks???

Maybe, maybe not. They could start with full capacity, but if they see that the distribution of parks on a given day is 70/15/10/5 (or some other inequitable number), they can put a soft (or hard) cap on and divert people to other parks to even out the distribution.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the replies.

I’m trying to plan a trip from the uk at Christmas but want a bit more comfort in these still uncertain times that it will actually go ahead before I commit to buying theme park tickets. The worry is by the time we do decide that it’s all systems go then there could be park availability issues.

Any further thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

I received a survey concerning reservations for the parks. I was happy to let them know what I think of the reservation system, because I am not a fan. The park reservation and the ticket purchasing are linked together, but not well enough to work for everyone. I agree with Salokin above.

Dont you think it creating a supply and demand frenzy? Just like with all the other shortages people now want to buy tickets earlier, get those tickets locked down... just like the op.
So that's good for Disney with the added bonus of knowing how many people in the park each day for staffing.

I hate the park pass system. It makes planning an already intricate vacation even harder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter