Park Opening Ceremony??

geniegirl

DIS Veteran
:genie: :genie:

Park Opening Ceremony??

I’m sure this has been asked before but I can’t seem to find the answers.

What special things happen each morning as each park opens? I remember reading something about MK train ride and AK – what about the others?

Do these events only happen on the parks EMH days or does it happen each morning?

:scratchin :scratchin :scratchin

We were there last week for our first trip and really loved the park opening "show". It was a regular day, not EE. Some characters and dancers came out onto the platform on the train station above us and sang some fun songs. Next, Mickey arrived by train and the ropes were let down to some old Disney tunes that brought tears to my eyes due to the childhood memories that were stirred up. The whole thing made for such a magical entry into the park. I wouldn't have missed it for the world (so it was worth getting up early)!!!
Hope you see it!

:earsgirl:

Originally posted by noopy
We were there last week for our first trip and really loved the park opening "show". It was a regular day, not EE. Some characters and dancers came out onto the platform on the train station above us and sang some fun songs. Next, Mickey arrived by train and the ropes were let down to some old Disney tunes that brought tears to my eyes due to the childhood memories that were stirred up. The whole thing made for such a magical entry into the park. I wouldn't have missed it for the world (so it was worth getting up early)!!!
Hope you see it!

:earsgirl:

This sounds so wonderful! What time do you recommend getting to the park to see this? :confused:

Does anyone have any other info on this? Do you know if this is ever done for EMH days? Does it happen at all the parks or just MK? We would love to participate in this event in May. We will be staying at ASMu and have EMH planned at all the parks. Will there be a problem getting there by bus in time? Is it normally crowded? What time should we be there by? Sorry for all the questions. We are just curious as we are trying to do things we have never done on this trip. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks! :wave:

We caught the opening at the Magic Kingdom, it started about 8:45 am. No, it was not an Early Entry day.

Just wanted to chime in and say that the MK opening show IS wonderful to see!!! Just thinking about it gets me all choked up! gulp! lol We taped it and I LOVE watching it!! Can't wait to see it again next time. It's a must see! :)

I am interested in what happens at the other parks though, never been to those before opening.

I know at AK the CM's come out with little critters for everyone to look at and they will answer questions regarding the animals. Also there always seem to be lots of characters signing autographs.

Last August, we were at MK and AK on both EMH and non-EMH. On the EMH at both parks, nothing special went on at the time the parks opened for EMH (although I wondered if they still did it at the regular park opening (but by that time, we were nowhere near the park entrance to notice. On non-EMH day at MK there was the character arrival by train (and the songs and dance), but that was all before anyone was allowed through the turnstiles (and the last thing that happened was that Mickey announced that MK was opened. Then as people were admitted, there were tons of characters available for autographs in town square. At AK, I don't remember much happening before the park opened on the non-EMH day, but when people were admitted, as mentioned on a previous post, there were CMs carrying critters around in cages and “Wes Palm” was around, as well as other characters (we didn’t notice any of this on the EMH day). It seems like on EMH days, they are just trying to allow everyone to get to the attractions as quickly as possible, but on the non-EMH days, they seem to be trying to spread the crowd out. Some will always make the mad dash for Space or Splash Mountain or Fantasyland., but the “goings on” near the entrance will lure come to hang back.

-:genie: :genie:

Just Found This One

The Awakening. Rafiki, the wise old baboon from The Lion King, rewards early risers with a greeting of the new day and is soon joined by many costumed characters, such as Terk, Timon and King Louie, as well as real creatures and their handlers. All this great start to the day costs you is a little early morning sleep

At MK the Opening Ceremony draws your attention away from the gates so they can take down the ropes. But it is a great show !!!:yo-yo:

We went to AK last November and got there early to see the Awakening but was told by a CM that they don't do that anymore. I don't remember anything special except some CM's with weird bugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter