Park Hopping Strategy

Kenny the pirate just posted on Twitter .. saying that you can only have 2 g+ selections at a time now. I'm hoping people that are there right now can verify. So one g+ than if you hit the 120 rule u can have one more. Than you must use one before you can get the next g+.

Makes sense. Seems the original intent was to only let you pick a Genie selection every 2 hours. Disney is just closing the loopholes for those trying to 'game' the system.

Makes sense. Seems the original intent was to only let you pick a Genie selection every 2 hours. Disney is just closing the loopholes for those trying to 'game' the system.
There gonna close the only saving grace of this system lol. They think people hate the system now? just wait till this happens and folks are now forced to be up at 12am to purchase 7am to pick first one than you need to go to the parks early or you lose a lot of value. smh

My last trip was with a 13, 11, and 7 year old.

We used different strategies on different days, but found stacking G+ for the afternoon to be the best for us. Time will tell if it continues to be an option.

We liked to Rooe Drop HS and be out of the park by lunch. By then the crowds were just too much. That said we had no problem getting everything done we wanted before lunch.

We did not like to rope drop Magic Kingdom. We much preferred to hop in the evening and close the park. Not only were crowds and waits lower but the weather was cooler and more pleasant.

Epcot and Animal Kingdom were manageable with Genie + regardless of rooe drop or stacking.

We found the extra money for Genie + was worth it in all parks given the cost of the overall trip. We didn’t spend the money on a week in Disney to wait in extra lines. Also, with the park hopper it’s great to have options.

We went back to the resort for a nap EVERY SINGLE DAY! we didn’t want grumpy kids (or adults). The break was completely worth it!!!

As far as rope drop it just depends. I was up before 7 to book LL and IAS but if my kids wanted to sleep I let them. The only park we felt we needed to rope drop was Hollywood Studios, but we didn’t try stacking for the afternoon in that park. Maybe that strategy would have worked as well!

Yeah based on feedback I'm beginning to be more interested in closing parks than rope drop. My kids are about the same age, and I've been contemplating (i) rope drop, nap at resort, close park, (ii) stack Genie + go to park late morning/early afternoon and close park, or (iii) rope drop, get lunch at table service for break, and finish up around 5/6pm.

I think option 1 is what I'd like to do, especially since we have park hop tickets, but not sure how well my kids will handle reduced hours of sleep at night and then napping in the afternoon.

Yeah based on feedback I'm beginning to be more interested in closing parks than rope drop. My kids are about the same age, and I've been contemplating (i) rope drop, nap at resort, close park, (ii) stack Genie + go to park late morning/early afternoon and close park, or (iii) rope drop, get lunch at table service for break, and finish up around 5/6pm.

I think option 1 is what I'd like to do, especially since we have park hop tickets, but not sure how well my kids will handle reduced hours of sleep at night and then napping in the afternoon.
regardless of kids ages, late morning/early afternoon is always going to be the busiest so I would avoid that 2nd option.

Don’t shoot me, but I’m not sure limiting stacking is a bad idea. I’d love to see more availability “on the fly” and with less attractions being “held” more should open up. In theory.

There gonna close the only saving grace of this system lol. They think people hate the system now? just wait till this happens and folks are now forced to be up at 12am to purchase 7am to pick first one than you need to go to the parks early or you lose a lot of value. smh
We've done day-of purchases several times, and you do not need to be up at midnight. 6:45 AM alarm, 6:50AM to purchase and 7:00AM to use it worked quite well every time we've used it.

We've done day-of purchases several times, and you do not need to be up at midnight. 6:45 AM alarm, 6:50AM to purchase and 7:00AM to use it worked quite well every time we've used it.
It just started the 8th and they said they are limiting the amount of genie+ availability(system as a whole not LL access) Depending on how much, this will be a mad dash at night.

We’ve found if we do close a park like MK or HS then we use the next day to sleep in and go to a park like AK where timing isn’t as vital.

And we learned plan all we may, we have to go with the flow of what works for that particular trip.

We will have Genie + every day. I plan to maximize that sucker at every park. My question is this: is it feasible to book LL just using Disney's wifi? I'm thinking of bringing a tablet PC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!