Park Hopping Rumor?

On wdwmagic the rumor seems to suggest only APs will be required to do this or continue to have Park Passes and there will be a move to trying to eliminate park passes entirely for everyone else and potentially eliminating the 2pm Park Hopping restriction. So this may end up being a positive change for many?

This effectively allows Disney to continue restricting APs by volume and restricting an AP to only have so many Park Passes at one time while removing all of the complexities for guests who aren't as familiar with Disney's rules. APs when staying at a resort would not have these restrictions (similar to how APs today pull from the Resort guest Park pass pool instead of the AP pool).

Would be nice if they actually had some positive changes for once - but who knows as these are all rumors right now and whatever the "insiders" are saying now could easily change before it is made official too.
AP with a resort stay do not pull from the same pool as ticket holders with a resort stay right now and never have. We couldn’t book the same parks over Christmas as my DD and DGD because they have tickets and we have AP even booked in the same resort reservation.

They get a different pool than non resort AP but not the same as ticket resort guest.

AP with a resort stay do not pull from the same pool as ticket holders with a resort stay right now and never have. We couldn’t book the same parks over Christmas as my DD and DGD because they have tickets and we have AP even booked in the same resort reservation.

They get a different pool than non resort AP but not the same as ticket resort guest.
This is good to know… I assumed that with an onsite resort stay you were treated the same as the park ticket with a resort stay guest. So how many “classes” of Disney park guests are there now? It is def getting frustrating and wayyyyy too complicated…

This is good to know… I assumed that with an onsite resort stay you were treated the same as the park ticket with a resort stay guest. So how many “classes” of Disney park guests are there now? It is def getting frustrating and wayyyyy too complicated…
Best I can tell 4
Ticket
Ticket with certain resorts
AP
AP with certain resorts

I’m not positive about all the different AP booking from the same pools. I think they do but not certain

Wow I am reading all these questions about the park hopping
Maybe Disney is needing to make this new ParkHopper Entry Requirement to Stop all the questions.
How many times does a cast person have to answer what time is the 3 o’clock parade?
Disney please just make it simple and easy to remember . Thanks

Maybe Disney is needing to make this new ParkHopper Entry Requirement to Stop all the questions.
How many times does a cast person have to answer what time is the 3 o’clock parade?
Those are the people you can't make it easy enough for. While we like to think that is a joke, sadly, I've seen some similar questions asked and it leaves me shaking my head thinking, that person better be glad breathing is a natural reflex (not referring to any posts here, actual guests in the parks)
There are some things that aren't on Disney to fix.
Not many mind you, but a few.
They have enough on their plate to take care of fixing, believe me.

I suggest sending an email to guest services- hopefully if they hear from enough people, it may sway them not to do this terrible idea.
Actually, if this is a rumor and not from Disney this could put the idea in their head so probably not a good idea to email anyone, LOL
IF it were to be announced is when you bombard them with emails in hopes to sway the decision.
It works very rarely but it can work.
But I would never do it off a rumor
That could be a disaster and backfire by putting an idea in their head that they never had in the first place.

On wdwmagic the rumor seems to suggest only APs will be required to do this or continue to have Park Passes and there will be a move to trying to eliminate park passes entirely for everyone else and potentially eliminating the 2pm Park Hopping restriction. So this may end up being a positive change for many?

This effectively allows Disney to continue restricting APs by volume and restricting an AP to only have so many Park Passes at one time while removing all of the complexities for guests who aren't as familiar with Disney's rules. APs when staying at a resort would not have these restrictions (similar to how APs today pull from the Resort guest Park pass pool instead of the AP pool).

Would be nice if they actually had some positive changes for once - but who knows as these are all rumors right now and whatever the "insiders" are saying now could easily change before it is made official too.
While this would stink for AP holders, and I feel for them- they seem so unwanted right now- this would be terrific news for us. I wish they would just lift the restrictions for everybody.

If this happens and APs are excluded they are basically pushing APs to stop renewing. It would just be more proof that Disney wants to do away with most APs.

Best I can tell 4
Ticket
Ticket with certain resorts
AP
AP with certain resorts

I’m not positive about all the different AP booking from the same pools. I think they do but not certain
Odd, I have an AP and have stayed on property 3 times with it and have always been in the resort stay Park Pass Option. I've been able to get park passes for the entire length of stay, including the last day. My son and his SO stayed with me on one of the trips and they had regular tickets and we were all in the same reservation option. Could it be the type of AP? I have the only one (expensive option) that out of state non DVC members can get.

Remember how people use to complain about having to decide on FPs and ADRs at 60 and 180 days before their vacation? Now those options are the good old days. Seems like the more changes are made the worse and more planning is required. We still insist on being spontaneous but I will admit we do a lot less now - a lot. I refuse to stare at my phone all day and I keep forgetting to get up before 7a. Maybe this next trip for GoG.

As for renewing the AP's, I actually proved to myself that regular park tickets can be less expensive for us only because we don't mind limiting ourselves to 2 park days. The AP lets us pop into a park every day but in reality we don't spend more than a few hours in the parks anyway so the savings are even less.

While this would stink for AP holders, and I feel for them- they seem so unwanted right now- this would be terrific news for us. I wish they would just lift the restrictions for everybody.
If they do this for AP’s only they will absolutely get sued again. Discriminating against AP’s at to the benefit of day guests (in other words creating artificial blackouts) is what got them into trouble in the first place.

Odd, I have an AP and have stayed on property 3 times with it and have always been in the resort stay Park Pass Option. I've been able to get park passes for the entire length of stay, including the last day. My son and his SO stayed with me on one of the trips and they had regular tickets and we were all in the same reservation option. Could it be the type of AP? I have the only one (expensive option) that out of state non DVC members can get.
I never said there was no park pass option for an AP. There is. For the entire length of stay. I list 4 groups
I said AP with a resort stay books from a different pool than tickets with a resort stay.
You did not book you park reservation at the same time as you guests with tickets
Not possible. If you select guests with a ticket and one with an AP it won’t allow you to book the park reservation together
We have the only AP out of state can get

Last edited:
Good luck with that. They like the control they have on guests. Go to Universal if you want an easy and simple vacation

Here's an example of how AP with a resort stay can book a park that ticketed guests with a resort stay can't
Look at July 6 availability right now for Studios. AP can book it. Ticketed guests can not
So happens that's the park we were going to switch to but seeing how our DGD has a ticket and we have an AP we can't.
THAT is just wrong. We are both in the same room and there's no reason whatsoever we shouldn't at least be able to book the same park reservations. If they insist on keeping this stupid as all heck reservation crap they have to do something so that being on one reservation overrides all type of ticket media and you are able to book parks together. Parties that travel together almost always want to tour parks together.

July 6.pngHotels July 6.png

I never said there was no park pass option for an AP. There is. For the entire length of stay. I list 4 groups
I said AP with a resort stay books from a different pool than tickets with a resort stay.
You did not book you park reservation at the same time as you guests with tickets
Not possible. If you select guests with a ticket and one with an AP it won’t allow you to book the park reservation together
We have the only AP out of state can get
Sorry I misunderstood what you said. Maybe I wasn't paying attention to how I booked them, but I do know I booked all three park passes. Maybe I got lucky and the dates were open for them the same days as for me and since they were I just wasn't paying attention to them being in a different pool.

Sorry I misunderstood what you said. Maybe I wasn't paying attention to how I booked them, but I do know I booked all three park passes. Maybe I got lucky and the dates were open for them the same days as for me and since they were I just wasn't paying attention to them being in a different pool.
I'd say 90% of the time they are open for all parks for both categories and it's not an issue.
But when they aren't, like the example I posted above for July 6th, it's a PITA. It just should NOT happen
Not to mention, you shouldn't have to click the AP, book then go back and click the ticketed guest and book. If you have a resort stay you should have a way to book together right from there. What if when you started all showed available but during the process the AP got the last 2 spots so when you went to do the ticket reservations they were gone? Or vice versa. Just urgh.

But just to get started, you have to select one or the other, here on this page. You can't pick Tickets and AP at the same time. That's what I mean by have to do Tickets, or AP, then going back and doing the other.
You click here, the select Resort stay, then book the reservations. Each category at a time.
Screenshot 2022-07-01 121906.png

And if you try to select a mixture of ticketed guests and AP guests together you'll get a message like this, telling you that you must use the AP system to book those reservations.

Screenshot 2022-07-01 122326.png

Here's an example of how AP with a resort stay can book a park that ticketed guests with a resort stay can't
Look at July 6 availability right now for Studios. AP can book it. Ticketed guests can not
So happens that's the park we were going to switch to but seeing how our DGD has a ticket and we have an AP we can't.
THAT is just wrong. We are both in the same room and there's no reason whatsoever we shouldn't at least be able to book the same park reservations. If they insist on keeping this stupid as all heck reservation crap they have to do something so that being on one reservation overrides all type of ticket media and you are able to book parks together. Parties that travel together almost always want to tour parks together.

View attachment 680839View attachment 680843

APs can have their 3 AP reservations on top of their resort stay. So if resort/ ticket buckets are full, I think you’re booking from AP pool. Which explains why you can get a spot but your granddaughter can’t. I don’t think it’s 4 categories.

APs can have their 3 AP reservations on top of their resort stay. So if resort/ ticket buckets are full, I think you’re booking from AP pool. Which explains why you can get a spot but your granddaughter can’t. I don’t think it’s 4 categories.
No, when you go to select your AP park reservation you pick if it’s with a resort stay or not. If it is you then select which resort stay, if you have several booked. You still get a different pool. Now maybe it just books through a different channel but the same pool, I have no idea. But you booked through a different method for certain so there are 4 different ways you book

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter