Park hopper ticket purchase question

MNborn

Mouseketeer
I was just looking on this site at the prices for 5-day park hopper tickets. It looks like it would cost $473.74 for my 20-year-old daughter and me to purchase the tickets through this site. Is this the best way to purchase tickets or should I do it elsewhere?

Thanks!

MNborn ~ Sign up for the mousesavers newsletter. They send out the newsletter once a month and there are links for special ticket prices at Ticketmania and Discount Orlando Vacations, etc. I read in another thread that you and your daughter are going for a week and I was going to suggest getting 6-day or 7-day passes since they are only a few dollars more. That way even if you don't want to spend a whole day in the parks you can go see Wishes or Illuminations and spend a little bit of time in the parks in the evening perhaps for about $3 extra. My kids and I went in February of this year and we were originally going to buy 4-day PHs but then the MYW tickets came out and the 4-day MYW was $225, 5-day MYW was $225, and the 6-day MYW was $228. These were discounted prices but still the difference was minimal enough to help me decide to get 6-day tickets and we went to the parks for at least part of every day we were there. Just something to think about. By the way, I have used both Ticketmania and Discount Orlando Vacations tickets with no problem and they cost less than buying directly from Disney.

Thank you, Tinkim! I was thinking that the five day pass would be more than enough since we would be flying in and flying out the other two days. However, if we could find a difference of only dollars, it would be worth it to be able to go into the parks just to watch a fireworks show or whatever on the first night.

I'll check with mousesavers - I remember using them for our 2002 trip, but I hadn't remembered to check it this time around.

Thanks for the tips and keep them coming!

One more question for Tinkim or whoever... I registered with mousesavers for their newsletter. That website recommended that the tickets be purchased through disneyworld.com. You were right, the six day ticket ended up being cheaper than what was quoted on this website for a five day ticket!

My question is this... Is there any reason for me to wait to order tickets or should I do so ASAP? Will it get any better than what I am seeing now? By the way, the quoted price is $444.00 for six days for the two of us.

Thanks again!

Just bumping this up to the top again - trying to get an answer to whether or not I should purchase for this price or wait on a different deal...

MNborn ~ I bought my tickets for our trip in February already. I am not 100% sure but I don't think you'll find a much better deal than what you have already, possibly a couple dollars but nothing substantial. I think you could safely buy them now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!