Park day on 2020 Marathon Day

Hollywood Studios will have runners going through during early to mid morning. No matter which park you choose you’ll be impacted by the runners in one way or another but it’s really not something that will hinder you too much. I’ve done marathon weekend 5 years in a row now.
I am not really concerned about runners in parks, moreso weighing the dilemma of transportation and arrival at rope drop. We would prefer MK that morning to mid afternoon but we would have to take a bus. Our main questions: Is that pretty annoying (bussing to MK from BWV) that we should just choose a different park like HS or EP to walk to and sacrifice our preferred pick?

I am not really concerned about runners in parks, moreso weighing the dilemma of transportation and arrival at rope drop. We would prefer MK that morning to mid afternoon but we would have to take a bus. Our main questions: Is that pretty annoying (bussing to MK from BWV) that we should just choose a different park like HS or EP to walk to and sacrifice our preferred pick?
Buses can be problematic to MK that morning. You would have to be at a bus stop pretty early if you want rope drop. It is doable though. The year I did just the half and went to GF for breakfast during the full we made it in time. Just as an FYI they will drop you off at the TTC if the race hasn’t cleared MK yet.

I am also checking in on the 11 and first park day on Sunday the 12, 2020. I want to do MK that morning as well and staying at Saratoga. I was thinking of driving to the parking and taking the ferry. We have our car and HP parking with our son in a wheelchair. If they buses are going to potentially be delayed, I think this may be the best plan for us.

I am also checking in on the 11 and first park day on Sunday the 12, 2020. I want to do MK that morning as well and staying at Saratoga. I was thinking of driving to the parking and taking the ferry. We have our car and HP parking with our son in a wheelchair. If they buses are going to potentially be delayed, I think this may be the best plan for us.

I think its transportation in general in the area due to roads being down to one lane and other areas being closed. I would be less likely to drive not knowing what is really open and what routes are impacted by the race. I think MK will be toughest at rope drop and then should be fine. We are early park goers so that is the biggest dilemma for us.

I would be tempted to take a Minnie Van to Poly, if it were me. You might avoid the worst of the choke point heading in since there are multiple traffic lanes in both directions up to that turnoff, and you would have the option of the ferry or monorail from that point, neither of which would cross the running path on the roads. I would think the Minnie Van drivers would have route information as good or maybe better than the bus drivers. I usually go to Epcot if I happen to be there on marathon day and staying at an Epcot resort, and transportation is a big reason why.

I always run the full but I've gone several times to spectate the half and I always see tons of runners heading into MK around the Contemporary around 8:30.I'm usually in a middle corral and I'm a total middle of the pack runner.If the race starts at 5:35 and my corral goes off at 5:55 or so and I run a 10-11 mile pace I'm in MK at almost 7am.So the last corrals which are huge are starting a good 30 minutes after me at least and you have runners doing 16 mpm trust me that MK wont be cleared of runners until 9am or later.My point is I wouldnt ssuggrst MK until 11am,unless you're taking the monorail
Correct, I never said it would be cleared of all runners, but they obviously try to get the majority of the runners out of their most popular park before opening. The other parks have runners going through them much later in the day than MK.

Hollywood Studios will have runners going through during early to mid morning. No matter which park you choose you’ll be impacted by the runners in one way or another but it’s really not something that will hinder you too much. I’ve done marathon weekend 5 years in a row now.

Thanks! I am not too worried about runners in the park, more so how to get there. I am thinking about maybe going to HS but it looks like we will have to take the boat from boardwalk because I read the walkway will be closed. We are typical rope droppers trying to arrive 30min-1hr before open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter