Parade Viewing Mat

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by KyleAfterAWhile, May 14, 2019.

1. lilmc

lilmc Mouseketeer

For cushioning or just to keep her bum clean? A park map works for the later.

2. DLorBust

DLorBust Earning My Ears

Monkey Mat

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. cassie58

cassie58 DIS Veteran

We have a blanket that rolls up in a small pouch from Target a few years back in either the luggage or camping aisle. One side is soft and the other is wipe-off type surface. We usually keep it in the car, daughter brings to track meets, and we have brought to WDW for parades/fireworks. Folded up into smaller rectangle it gives a little cushioning. We have also thrown in a plastic tablecloth just to have something to sit on to protect us from the ground that might be wet or dirty.:crazy2:

5. Matt'sMom

Matt'sMom DIS Veteran

6. JulesMD

JulesMD Earning My Ears

I agree with everyone else about the sitting/standing thing. I only ever sit through Illuminations really. There's a brand on Amazon called matador. Have you seen that one yet? I know a bunch of folks who recommend it.

7. jennadi8

jennadi8 Earning My Ears

8. leahgoogle

leahgoogle Mouseketeer

We used a vinyl fleeced-back table cloth for the kids to sit on. She could unfold it to be as big as she wanted.

9. RedK

RedK Mouseketeer

10. hhhaleybird

hhhaleybird Earning My Ears

An unused diaper changing mat. It’s waterproof, foldable and you can clean the dirt off it after you use it.
    I ordered a backpack from amazon last year not realizing it was a diaper bag. I ended up using the bag and the mat in Disney. The mat was perfect to sit on the hot concrete while waiting on the parade to come.

11. elaine amj

elaine amj DIS Veteran

You can get a cheap rollup beach mat from any dollar store. Lightweight and reasonably compact. I also use blankets that zip up as that is a bit more multipurpose.